Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I think he has fell out with us Gogs.He prefers the night time chats when we are in bed,as he is a night owl. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,795
    Morning Kandy. Gogs and windy

Kandy, sorry to hear about your disturbed morning. Smoke alarms can go off if the battery is running low or sometimes if it needs a bit of a dust inside. Unless the cat had burnt the toast!! [​IMG]

At least the cat is showing you that you are the boss (or trying to make you think you are the boss) and is bringing you a present. did you put the mouse down the loo in order to feed the alligators?

I have a friend who got fed up answering people when they saw a cat litter tray in the room and the people ask 'have you got a cat?' - so she now answers saying 'no, its for stupid visitors!' [​IMG]

It's raining here as well. Not the best of times to try and move everything in to the new shed. We have kept all the stuff from the old sheds under a willow tree and covered in bits of plastic. As they have been there for over amonth now, and it hasn't stopped raining for most of that time, I think some of it will not be worth keeping and some of the metal things will be covered in rust. Not to mention the dead grass where everything had been stored! (I thought I said 'not to mention' it!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: )

Have a nice day!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    ---------------
    shiney

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Yep he's done a runner Kandy,not much going on here is there?
    WHOOPS no he has'nt, sorry Shiney!!!!!

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Sorry girls, my internet is very slow this morning. I logged on to GC before 7.30 and have only managed to get these two postings on in over half an hour.

I still love you all. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    --------------
    shiney

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney.What alligators?I didn't know you live in deepest darkest Africa. Alligators,we are too posh over here to have them,or so all my rich neighbours keep telling me.More like sharks.

You might be suprised,at how well the plastic will have kept the stuff dry,though at least it will give you a chance to get rid of all the stuff you have been hoarding for years.

I hope we are all going to get an invite to the grand shed opening when it is finished,though the way the weather is going,you will have to wait until next year before you can sit out on the new seating area you are building for all the cats that visit.

The smoke detector is linked to the mains in the new houses they build these days,but I hadn't thought about the dust...too busy thinking of shiney things.

And you too have a good day. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    We have a Yardmaster shed here to erect,it's been here nearly a year,Grrrrr.

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney.Have you got an old PC.?Would getting a new one help?.I know you said you are having problems with BT.

Up here in sunny Northants if anyone has problems,they get onto the consumer programme on our local radio station,and they put their people on it,and they don't give up until something is done.

I don't know whether you have a local sattion,or whether you listen to it.

And I love you too Shiney,but don't tell everyone [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,795
    Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

Our computer is quite a powerful one, it is just the telephone connection that is rubbish. BT can't do much about it without more capacity in the exchange. They need more physical space as well new equipment. It is on their future programme - I have seen the proposed developements, but they have to move buildings first.

Gogs
    Ours is a Yardmaster. Make sure you put down a solid base. The shed is like a giant meccano kit. The instructions are well illustrated but take a lot of studying. Don't even attempt it single-handed - although you can do a lot of the early stuff on your own. Ours is a large one and has taken a quite a few days to erect.

---------------
    shiney

9. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,477
    Good morning, everyone. We have a lovely light breeze today. We need to go out and buy a couple of more large clay pots today as the higher winds at night keep knocking things over.

I've got a lap full of squirmig furr ... they don't half have sharp needle-like claws at this age! :eek:

Hope everyone has a nice Bank Holiday weekend ... whatever you're doing!

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning all, going shopping shortly with uree then we are meeting up with friends for a few of these [​IMG] [​IMG] weather a little dull this morning hope it gets better a little later.
    have a nice day [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good Morning Royster,
    Looks like we're the only ones up this Sunday morning. How are you today?

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning Windy & everyone else ,tired this morning i was sewing curtains til late last night.
    HI KANDY seen you were around.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Gogs and Windy.The sun is js
    ust peeping out from behind the houses so it looks like it will be a good day...we shall see.

Gogs how do you manage to stay awake until so late sewing curtains?I would have stabbed my fingers plenty of times.

Kandy [​IMG]

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Gogs,
    Having my early morning catch up on GC before the Devil Spawns wake up :D Taking my eldest girl to the skateboard park in a nearby village later, have real trouble watching though, although it's not as bad as when she goes mountain boarding. I just know one day I'm going to spend the day at casualty! :eek: Hopefully, it won't be today!!! What's your plans for today? Did you finish the curtains?

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Kandy!
    Cloudy here again, but really must get some digging done later, so don't want it to be too hot [​IMG]