Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Morning Kandy, woo, Marley and Shiney.

Gosh, this is a lot of technical talk for so early in the day!

I'll catch up with you folk later! Had a good one!

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :( Oh Poor old you Kandy,
    Sounds like your server drops the connection after a while if it thinks you aren't using the internet.. What a sod.. Get your husband to look at your settings, you may be able to stop that...!
    Also get him to run defrag, that will proably make your machine run faster again after that. I usually run all my anti-virus software after that as well & it then clears out any annoying cookies etc... This should then help to stop you losing stuff [​IMG]

Otherwise do as shiney says & write it in word then copy & paste into GC

:eek: Don't shake it Kandy, you could damage your screen if nothing else... Laptops are a little more delicate than a tower set up..!!!! :eek:

Get Mt K to do it for you over the weekend when he has a moment...... ;) [​IMG]

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Thank you Marley I will try that now. Thank you BM,Thankyou every one. [​IMG]

[ 16. March 2007, 10:03 AM: Message edited by: wiseoldowl ]

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.I shall be quick because those Smileys are doing my head in.

Thankyou for you advice Shiney and MF.We have already bought more memory for the laptop which makes starting up quicker now,which is a lot better.I know what you mean about doing the posts on the word processing bit first,it just seems long winded,though I suppose it would be quicker than having to retype it all.Even on the word processing bit we still get the error message come up,so we will have to plod on with it.I didn't realise that shaking it would affect the screen on this lap top :eek:

Anyway,I hope you all have a great day in all you do.We are off to Rutland Water to the cycle shop to pick up Mr K's new folding bike he has ordered.We were hoping to have a ride round the cycle paths,but cycling has been banned for me at this moment in time :( but at least I can still do walking though [​IMG]

LoL,Good morning to you.I keep missing you in the mornings.Hope you also have a good day and keep up the good work....

5. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Hi all I will remove the Smileys if they are annoying but there is nothing wrong with happiness in this less than happy world. :D :D :D

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    You can keep the smilies by all means Woo,It doesn't mean that I have to look at them though.No offence to you :(

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,463
    Morning Kandy and woo,

woo, I like your smileys and your owl keeps looking at me. :D

Kandy, I hope Mr K likes his new bike. Keep walking, it's good for you, but wrap up warm. I'm off to the British Museum this morning. I hope they don't decide to keep me in there. [​IMG] [​IMG]

BT phoned me yesterday (on my mobile) to say they will come round on Monday to try and fix my phone line. I suggested that they needn't come round but just do what they did on Thursday when then phone came back on. They said they can't do that because they didn't do anything on Thursday!!! Ah well! That's life.

Have a great day everyone.

-------------------
    shiney

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,I think I went to the British Museum when I was in Junior school many moons ago [​IMG] but cannot remember much about the trip.Is that where King Tut's treasures were on display? We went to the Natural History Museum in 1991 the last time I went to London and I could have stayed in there all day.It was facinating.We shall have to go again when London is less crowded :D

We are doing as much walking as we can ready for our July expedition to the Large ponds up the M6. :D :D

Have a great time and don't forget to wear some sensible shoes...

9. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Hi everyone [​IMG] we will be back but in a more refind manner :D [​IMG]

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Morning woo, Kandy and shiney. Gosh, woo and Kandy, you two can sure talk first thing in the morning!

And Kandy, we're back to that conversation we had a long time ago of repeating ourselves! :D :D

It's beautiful here and I shall get out in the garden as there's the Euryops (Paris Daisy) I still have to prune. The Lantana is shooting now from his hard cutback a few weeks ago.

Have a lovely day everyone/

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    To all our friends from the Emerald Isles a very
    Happy ST Patricks day.
    [​IMG]

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,159
    Happy St Patrick's Day from me as well. My grandfather, mother's father, was Irish!

13. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    I just wished everyone that on What's Your Weather Like and then discovered that you woo and LofL had already said it in this thread. So, I'll join you and say it again "Happy St Patrick's Day" everyone.

14. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Top of the morning to you all,I trust that everyone,s ready to enjoy the day,do,nt forget friends the Sun is still up there,Its just having a extra few hours rest cos its Sunday. [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning to you Woo.I was up at 5.38AM this morning trying to get the pages to turn on here.It took 30 minutes to turn one page so I gave up and went and fed the pigs and made myself some breakfast :rolleyes: I can send you some sun if you like as I am sun going to have to put these on :cool: as it is so bright.Hope you have a good day in all you do [​IMG]

LoL,i pressed the reply button twice yesterday and that is why I kept repeating myself.Thought I had managed to fiddle the deleting bit but when I came back to it later in the day it was still there [​IMG]

Shiney hope your day went well at the Museum and you didn't get too worn out.We wasted the morning going to collect Mr K's folding bike only to find that as he lifted it up to put in the back of the car there was a big chunk gouged out of the metal work where the packing that should have been there when they shipped it hadn't been put in place so in transit the bike got bashed about.They rang their other bike shop to see if they had one,which they had but that too was damaged.We have waited six months for this bike and now they have our money and we have no bike until they get it sorted. :mad:

Anyway hope you have a good day in all you do and all other peeps who will drop in here today...