Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Windy.Hope you have a good day with the
    Devil Spawns.
    She must be very flexible if she hasn't broken anything yet.I would have been up in casualtiy the very first time i fell over.My balance never has been too good.

Try if possible to have a rest yourself over the weekend.Even mum's need a battery charege once in a while.

Kandy

2. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    There's so little time and so much to do though! [​IMG] The garden is my refuge, my peace and quiet!
    My girl's into all sorts of sports. Until recently played full contact rugby for Redruth, but not allowed to play anymore as she's a girl(ggggrrrr!!) She also does thai boxing, horse riding, surfing and any extreme sports she gets the chance to do! No injuries as yet, think she's 10 per cent lycra!!! Touch wood [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning all, had a great day yesterday, planning a drive out this morning to wooler, northumberland to meet friends that live near berwick, we are going for lunch.
    the weather looks fine hopefully its stays that way. [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Windy.It sounds like she is in to a lot of things,which is a good thing,rather than sitting at a PC all day like some of the youngsters do.

I had always been into horse riding,since my eldest brother took me with him and his fiancee when I was just 4 years old.I also enjoyed playing netball, rounders, swimming and all the ususal girlie things of the day,though I was more of a tom boy back then.

We never heard of anyone doing contact rugby or even thai boxing all those years ago.Though I think that if girls are interested in these sports then more should be done to encourage it.

It certainly is a mans world...

Kandy [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa.I see you are on here bright and early.
    Hope everything is going well with your visitors and you are all enjoying yourselves.

There is no sign of Shiney yet.I hope he is ok.I see he didn't even say goodnight on Nite Nite last evening.
    I hope he hasn't overdone it with the shed base.

Have a good time today.

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Rosa, have a lovely day.
    Kandy, there still isn't many girls doing these sports, but I'm a firm believer in encouraging your kids in what they want to do, no matter how wacky! It certainly keeps her fit and occupied and hopefully will instil in her some values she will keep throughout life. The boxing means that the potential bullies in our village leave her well alone, although it's all about self-control so she wouldn't actually hit them, but they don't know that! [​IMG] Unfortunately, my boy's the opposite and just alternates between the PC and the PS2 all day if I'd let him!

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandyfloss, quite late for me 8am. we are having a lovely time uree is enjoying herself here she likes whitley bay, will have to go as we are getting ready to go out for the day.
    shiney is probably having bother with his broadband coverage.
    have a lovely day will speak later [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hope you have a very nice day Rosa.

Yes I think you may right about be his coverage.It probably would be quicker to reply to us by 1st class mail ha ha

Shiney if you can see this have a good day.In fact I hope everyone reading this has a good day in all that you do.

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Windy.Such a shame that more girls cannot be incouraged in doing these sports.It seems that nowadays they are more concerned in having children at such a young age.They are only babies themselves,but seem hell bent on ruining their young lives trying to raise children,just probably to have something to hopefully love if they didn't get that from their own parents,but they don't seem to realise what a struggle it will be for them.

At least it keeps your daughter and son away from the wrong ones,and at least they will most certainly turn out to be good children and responsible adults

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,795
    Hi everyone
    I finally arrived on here. I tried to log on earlier but my computer was playing silly B's. It wasn't my dial-up this time. I logged on to the internet and then straight on to GC with no trouble but when I tried to sign in on GC the computer said I wasn't on line !! :confused:

I had to give the computer a good talking to before it would behave.

I didn't log on last night because our guests didn't go until the early hours.

windy,
    just reading about everything your daughter does is making me tired. How do you find time to rest?

Have a great day. I'm laying some lino in the shed today and starting to put things into it - plus some racking etc. Then we are off to an engagement this afternoon.

Mrs shiney and I went to a local garden centre that had a half-price sale. We bought some lovely grass that were in really good condition. Most of them were in 12 inch pots so were quite big. The pots were full and the grasses were bushy and quite tall. Some were variegated white and green and some were red and green. They only cost �£3 each. If I get a chance I'll take a photo and put it on here. We also bought a variety of fuschias at 50p each. Mrs shiney wants to pop back to the garden centre today.

---------------
    shiney

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,477
    Morning all! Just getting down to this thread!

Good buy on those grasses, Shiney. They sound pretty. I'd like some grasses in pots but can't find any here, only Pampas grass but that's too big.

Hope everyone has a good day!

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning LoL hope you are fit & well ,How are the babies doing now ?

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,477
    Hi, Gogs. They're getting fat and sassy ... just like me! Did you see their 6-week old birthday pic the other day? How are things with you and Charlie and Jake?

14. FANCY

FANCY Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I think a few of gc members have had good bargains this bank hol.

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,795
    Good morning everyone, looks as though I am talking to myself again. Sorry, I didn't get around to talking last night, dirty stop-out!! [​IMG]

We had a good day yesterday. spent the morning taking rubbish down to the dump - that's a good day!!!! Went to the engagement in the afternoon and didn't get home till very late.

It's a bit damp this morning and no sign of any sun.

----------------
    shiney