Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Morning woo and Kandy.

Lovely day here, yet again ... I'm wishing for rain!

Kandy, I've been having lots of problems. The system is often very slow for me, not 30 minutes I hasten to add!

I've double posted on more than one occasion (rolleyes) but as soon as I see I have, I just go back and edit and delete post and it's gone!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,094
    [​IMG] Just done the weekly shop,bought a drink for EVERYONE.........CHEERS.

[​IMG]

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Hi Roders Nice one ,Have a drink on me,take It out of my share. :D [​IMG]

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Mines a Vodka n Tonic (ice n lemon) though Roders! [​IMG]

5. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Good Morning friends ,I sincerely hope that you are all Well,Have a good Day,Enjoy the day, [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning to you Woo,we keep missing each other because you are on the night shift.Hope the foxes haven't disturbed you too much.Still it is nice to have them.We get the occassional one here in our village but that's about it.We used to have Hares hopping down our street,but alas they have been pushed out of the way for the houses or have been squashed by the lorry's :eek:

Hope you all have a very good day when you all surface.Mind you it is probably warmer under the duvet :D

7. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Morning woo and Kandy.

Lovely day again although the barometer is saying rain! I'll believe it when I see it. Will have to hose the garden again today!

We have nice big bunnies hopping around the orchards, Kandy. I just always keep my fingers cross the trio don't get to the babies! They wouldn't eat them, just think they are toys.

Thank you, my dearest. I enjoyed the beer after my hot and tiring day admiring gin palaces!

Have a lovely one, one and all!

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,see you all later....

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning Kandy, Yes catch up with you later on.. Busy old day today..... :D Have a good one everyone.. :D

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,456
    Good morning Kandy and MF.

Keep your feet firmly on the ground - no flying off in this wind. That reminds me, where's woo this morning?

----------------
    shiney

11. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,664
    Good morning KF,MF,Shiney.Lots of probs with Broadband to day,its either the Weather or Mice eating through my cables :D I keep losing It(Literally). [​IMG]

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,157
    Morning Kandy, Marley, shiney and woo.

Lovely sunny morning here and that gusty wind seems to have blown itself elsewhere, thank goodness, but we're only 11 degrees! :eek: If if keep this up I'll think I'm back there! :D

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,456
    Morning woo

If it was mice, I hope you had them for breakfast.

When you're passing this way can you pop in for a refreshment break. We have very frisky mice in our loft that you might enjoy.

We now have our phone line back and our Broadband back - two different problems. Both were down for nearly a week. Our Broadband is on a different phone line which managed to keep receiving calls. It was very frustrating speaking to the call centre in India. Their vocabulary and grammar is excellent but their accents are sometimes difficult to follow. They seem to only keep to a set script and it is almost like speaking to a robot.

India - "Hello Mr shiney. Please try pressing that button"

Me - "I have already tried it four times and nothing happens but I shall try one more time"

India - "Hello Mr shiney. Thank you for trying one more time. Have you pressed the button?"

Me - "Yes, and nothing has happened, again!!! What are we going to do now? Please don't say Hello Mr shiney and any other pleasantries as they don't help and they are costing me money as I am paying for this call by the minute."

India - "Hello Mr shiney. I am sorry this is costing you money. Please try pressing the button again"

Me - "I don't think I want to waste my time doing it again and I am getting very frustrated"

India - "I am sorry you are getting frustrated - please press the button again"

Me - Pressing the button obviously is not working. Neither did any of the five preceeding procedures work. How many other procedures are there to try?"

India - "I am sorry they didn't work. There is one more procedure we can try. Please press the button again."

Me - "As that doesn't seem to work can you please tell me the next procedure - and if that procedure doesn't work where do we go next?"

India - "We can move on to the next procedure and if it doesn't work, you do not have to go anywhere. You can stay at home and I shall escalate the problem up to the next department."

Me - Sometime later. "That procedure didn't work either so I suppose you can now escalate this matter"

India - "Yes, Mr shiney" (Grrrr) "I shall now escalate this to the next department. I am sorry I have not been able to solve the problem."

Me - "Before you escalate it can you give me a reference number for this problem?"

India - "I am sorry, Mr shiney. We do not have reference numbers. The information is linked to your telephone number."

Me - "Will I be kept informed of what is happening with this problem?"

India - "You can telephone this number to find out what is happening with this problem."

Me - "Will the person who answers the telephone be able to tell me what is happening?"

India - "No, the person who answers the phone will not be able to tell you what is happennig with your problem. They will have to escalate it upwards."

Me - "Do you have a freephone number I can use when I phone again as I don't want to keep on paying for these calls?"

India - "Yes, I can give you a freephone number for these calls."

Me - "Then please give it to me now!"

India - "Here is the freephone number...."

Me - "When I phone this number will I be speaking to you again?"

India - "No, you will be speaking to our faults department."

Me - "Are you in the faults department?"

India - "Yes, I am in the faults department." ?????

Me - "What do I do now?"

India - "When we finish this call I shall escalate this problem."

Me - "Have we finished all we need to do?"

India - "Yes, Mr shiney. Thank you for calling our faults department. I hope I have been of service."

I put the phone down and 24 hours later called the freephone number. After giving my phone number etc and explained all the procedures I had gone throughthe conversation started -

India - "Hello Mr shiney. I am sorry you are having trouble with your Broadband. Please press this button." !!!!!!!!

I feel a bit better now I have let this out of my system.
    ------------------
    shiney

14. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Now that woke me up a tad! :D :D

Right, time to plant my new lilies! Quite excited as i've been waiting for money to start doing up my garden and now its happening!!

Yay!

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,if that had been me,I would have written the whole lot out,then when I pressed that button,I would have lost the whole lot and then that would have escalated the problem :D :D