Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :D Morning everyone..!!!
    Lovely morning here, have already been out for a lovely long walk.... Shall go out in the garden later... :D :D
    [​IMG] Glad your competition went well & you raised such a descent amount there shiney, & had fun too..!! [​IMG] [​IMG] :D Have a great day everyone.. :D

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,455
    Thanks MF but we just went to the quiz and weren't involved in running it. They did a brilliant job.

Mrs shiney and I are organising an all day Pamper Day in the village hall in June. We will have 20 therapists offering 'taster' treatments at a low price. We are running a raffle and the proceeds of that plus all the entry fees will be given to the local Breast Cancer Fund. We have been given some great raffle prizes - people are so generous. We have a dinner for two, worth about �£100, at a local posh country hotel. A silver and pearl bracelet worth �£120, a pair of 18ct gold earrings set with pearls and coral, a studio photgraphic portrait worth �£50, Champagne, vouchers for lots of holistic treatments, flowers, gifts etc. I hope we manage to sell a lot of tickets.

Off out into the sun again. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.Happy April 1st.Hope none of you get caught out today.Still it doesn't count after 12.00 noon...

Shiney,well done with all the fund raising work and I bet the village hall will be packed in June especially when the weather is warm.Good luck with it and I hope you do as well as you did in the quiz night [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Thanks Kandy,

I hope the weather stays dry and warm today as most of my day will be taken up with a funeral. I want ot get some gardening done this evening as I haven't seen the weather forecast for the coming week.

Not that the forecast helps! [​IMG] :D They forecast lots of rain for last Thursday and Friday and we didn't get more than about an hour of drizzle. We are already having to water hundreds of pots that we are getting ready for a plant sale in May. But our builders were very pleased.

Have a great day.

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,

Sorry to hear about your forthcoming funeral.Hope everything goes ok for you.They are not the most pleasant of things at the best of times :(

I have just been looking at your CD photos.I think when Mr Kandy sees them he will want to walk the whole lot.They are fantastic,and you even got a shot of a dog identical to our Tina.There isn't one walk that I wouldn't want to do apart from the really rough one,which reminded me of Scarfell Pike.Mr Kandy is talking to his dad on the phone at the moment so he will have a peep when he is finished :D

I haven't seen any weather forecast yet for next week,so it will be a suprise :D They tell lies any way.I am still waiting for the six foot of snow they promised the other week :rolleyes:

Enjoy your gardening later on this evening [​IMG]

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Mornin you guys,April Fools day have a good un !! :eek: [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,156
    Morning Kandy, shiney and Gogs.

It's a lovely day here. Off for Sunday lunch in the hills today so looking forward to that.

Hope you all have a super day and be cautious of any fools you may encounter! [​IMG]

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, it was hectic yesterday at work. But we raised about �£300 which isnt bad at all for our little store!

I'm completely exhausted and was looking forward to a restful day in the garden and tidying, but its not meant to be as i have to cover a shift today and add more hours onto the 40 week i've already done, oh well!

Hope everyone enjoys their day and has a restful one on my behalf!!

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    A beautiful morning here, sun shining, birds singing. Going to a Golden Wedding celebration today... [​IMG]
    [​IMG] Have a good one everyone, whatever you are doing... ;) [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    MF,hope the Golden Wedding Celebrations went off ok that you were going to and that you didn't overdo it :D There won't be any celebrations for people to celebrate in years to come as a lot of couples live together now so they won't have the milestones to celebrate like our generation have :D

11. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    How many years is a Golden wedding?? Is that 50??
    My parents are coming up to 40 years, don't suppose anybody knows what that is?? ( apart from a life sentence :D ) Is it Ruby or some kind of stone?????

12. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Think its ruby , coming up to 35 myself [​IMG] (a life sentence is less) :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    i am going mad , yes a golden is 50 :D been on here to long [​IMG] :rolleyes: [​IMG]

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,455
    Yep! 40 years is ruby. We've passed that one already. :D :D It's been great.

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,Well we've done our Silver,25 years,now it's onto 30 but I can't remember if that one is celebrated as anything.Is it Coral? and what is 35?if any of you achievers know :D

Shiney, I hope everything went ok for you yesterday [​IMG]

Hope you all have a very good day in all you do [​IMG]