Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,793
    Here are some of the grasses we bought at �£3 each

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sun is just coming out.
    --------------
    shiney

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney [​IMG] Love the pictures of the grasses,great bargains...Where did you say the garden centre was?

Dragged ourselves off to our local Tesco's late yesterday afternoon and after packing the shopping into the car, went to see what plants they had in their tent outside.

I was shocked as most of the outside plants had all wilted,due to lack of water.It makes me cross that they are trying to flog the stuff to shoppers,then they just let it die.

I would have thought that the staff would have the brains to water the stuff...Perhaps not.

Shiney there seems to be a lot of people getting engaged in your village,as everyday you say on here you are going to an "Engagement"...only kidding

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,793
    Hi Kandy

good morning.

The engagement was in London. That's a big village near here [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The garden centre is a small one on a back road in Sawbridgeworth, about 2 - 3 miles from here. The road it is on is directly opposite the Beckhams place (Beckingham Palace) so when you come along with all the other screaming fans you can also go and buy some plants. ;) ;)

The staff at these big supemarket gardening departments are not there to water the plants. They are paid to stand there and look blank when you ask them a question (with apologies to the one that is good).

Have a lovely day - and you windy, I see you are on here somewhere. And the rest of you when you get up.
    -------------
    shiney

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, nice grasses shiney, all having a nice bank holiday weekend. just done the dinner for later, going for a few of these [​IMG] [​IMG] had a lovely day out yesterday in northumberland got a lovely pic of an owl for the night owls will be putting it up shortly.
    The weather is nice here a little windy but at least warm. [​IMG]

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    Love the grasses Shiney. Miscanthus is one of my faves. What's the green lovely shaped one? Wouldn't mind a few of them.
    Right, off to do the chores and then spend a few more hours of digging - deep joy!

6. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning all ,Boy did it RAIN here last night,seems to be bright this morning though i have just surfaced.
    HAVE A NICE DAY. xxx

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,474
    Hi, guys! By the time I come on line this page is near the bottom of page one! :D

The grasses are very pretty, Shiney, lucky you getting such bargains!

So you've got all the rain as well, Gogs? Walnut was just saying they're due storms in Cheshire. Sigh! :rolleyes:

8. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning!!!
    Hey you guys where are you?

9. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Gogs,
    I'm here! Hows you today? Been raining in the night and looks a bit murky now so no watering for me -yay!!!

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning Gogs & Windy.. Good weekend??? It is a lovely morning here with watery sunlight just breaking through... Have a good day all..!! [​IMG]

11. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Aha good to see you're here Windy & MF,not a bad wkend back to normal now though,just seen the news bout tourists being advised not to go to Turkey my brother is due to fly there next sat. for 2wks.better if he stayed at home.

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    No terrorists in Cornwall Gogs! [​IMG] Unless you count the ones with mobile homes holding the lanes to ransom! :D Only a week and they'll all go home (yay!) and then we can drive at more than 30 miles an hour, not have to break at every bend and definately not slow to a halt on the brow of every hill to admire the view! :D
    Love tourists really. but glad when they go!! [​IMG] :D

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    :( This terrorism business is dreadfull... I have to say I think it is getting worse again now, as the holiday season is drawing to an end...!! They want to cause as much fear, disruption & confusion they can!!!
    :eek: What a worry for you Gogs. I am sure he will be fine!! Is he scheduled to be actually going to the area where the explosions etc have been?? You poor thing, having that worry... My family were in Spain when the train bombs went off & not far from it all as well... It was very difficult waiting to hear from them I can tell you..!!! Must stay focused & calm...!! Let us know if he is able to change it..!! [​IMG] My sympathies with the tourists Windy... We get plenty like that around us too....!!

14. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Not sure exactly where they are going MF i'm gonna phone him later to see whats happening,probably just me panicking before i know the full facts.
    We get loads of tourists round here as we are not far from Gretna Green.

15. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning Shiney just seen you are on, hope all is well !