Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Hi windy

It is dead easy but I don't really have any quantities worked out as I chuck things in as I go along. I'll try to guess the right quantities.

There is a quick way to make it and a very quick way to make it. [​IMG]

Very quick way:-
    Chop up about 1lb of butternut squash and only just cover with boiling water. Boil for about 10 minutes (until soft). Chuck in a tin of chick peas and boil for another couple of minutes. Add stock granules or cube (granules are easier for adjusting quantity) and boil for another couple of minutes. Then add a 14oz tin of coconut milk. Boil for another two minutes, taste and adjust seasoning then liquidise. If you have a hand held liquidiser then do it in the saucepan and adjust seasoning after liquidising. You now have a tasty thick soup and can top it with anything you want - parsley, swirl of cream, chopped toasted nuts or seeds, or even some bits of chopped dates :eek: .

The quick way - which only takes a little longer - is to fry off a leek or onion whilst the squash is boiling then add it to the soup with the other ingredients. You could even make some of the onion/leek bits crispy and top the soup with it.

I usually use chicken stock unless cooking for veggies.

You can use the same method for lots of soups.
    Broccoli and coconut milk (with stock cube)- just those ingredients and nothing else is fine. Don't boil the broccoli for too long and you will get a lovely green soup.
    Mushrooms go well with coconut milk instead of cows milk or cream.

Enjoy :D [​IMG]

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,498
    Kandy :D

I'll use a nice piece of rib of beef for you and have some lovely crispy spuds with it. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,I don't want anything other than Topside,no ribs.I am not a flintstone :D [​IMG] and I make really nice crispy roast spuds all fluffy after draining off the water and giving them a good shake in the saucepan,and the vegetables especially the carrots and parsnips must be just slightly hard,none of that soggy boiled to death stuff,not that I am fussy or anything,oh and one other thing only Cornish Ice cream will do none of that splodgy cheap rubbish..now I am being fussy,and I hope you have some serviettes or if I was posh which I ain't I would say napkins :D [​IMG]

[ 27. April 2007, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

4. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Shiney [​IMG] [​IMG] Will give that a go...always looking for different things to do with squashes :eek: :D

Kandy - how about doin it the Cornish Way and having a big dollop of clotted cream on top of the ice cream [​IMG] I can feel my backside getting bigger just thinking about it!! :D

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    That'll do for me Windy :D :D I think a coach party is in oder to help name the new Sun Room with plenty of bubbly to smash on the hull,oops that's ship naming silly me [​IMG] :D :D

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,199
    Good morning one and all. There are all too many words for me to read yet ... I'll have to come back later to digest it all! :D

It's sunny / cloudy here but a nice start to the day.

Have a good one in all you do.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Shiney sounds like a meal fit for an Owl,I,ll
    be flying over about 1.30pm,Will there be any Owly bags for my relations? [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

8. Tropical Oasis

Tropical Oasis Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning everyone just back from shopping and bill paying, thought I'd have a nosey on here before sitting in the garden with an ice cream. [​IMG]

9. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    You all have made me hungry, think I will go and eat the lunch left-overs - veggie hot pie (tastes good cold too) and some fish, if Gato lets me have a bit.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.I had to get up at 4.30 to have some painkillers so have been watching the new Miss Potter DVD that I bought the other day.Very good film especially good as well because it is filmed in the IOM where I have been for a holiday :cool:

The sun is shining and a hot weekend is forecast :cool:

LoL my friend is flying out to Portugal on May 1st so is hoping for good weather.She used to go in February but says it is always cold so has delayed it until now.Please put the order in for good weather...Thanks

Hope you all have a great day [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy and everyone, cloudy this morning sun is peeping through but at least its dry here on the north east coast.
    have a great day

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good morning Kandy,Rosa and everyone else.I feel today like some flying(loop the loops)Its glorious out there . :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, get out there and take some lovely pics for us to see, have a nice day [​IMG]

14. Tropical Oasis

Tropical Oasis Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning everyone, off to work for 10 but finish at 2. Need to get some more compost.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning tropical oasis, you sound like your going to have a busy day, guess you will be gardening when you finish work