Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I bet magic sam didnt enjoy that visit at 4 :eek:

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    He was good as gold! [​IMG] He always was the best traveller of the three for the couple of years we to-ed and fro-ed from IoW to Portugal in a Transit van!

I brushed and combed him about 2ish and then snuck up on him about 3.30 having his afternoon snooze on the bed, cuddled him up and bounced him along into the kitchen and quickly into the carrier waiting for him on the table! :eek: I drove and t'other half sat with him in the back of the car coo-ing and comforting him. It's about a 15-20 minute drive and we had an appointment, no "surgery" waiting. It was either a new or relief vet (there's three, the Dutch owner and two Portuguese, all female) and she was cute as a button with a personality to match! [​IMG] He was again good as gold as she gave him a general checkup, eyes, mouth, heart, lungs, weight (5.2 kilos! in the summer this is good) and then the shot. He just had sweaty rubber toeses and fur falling out all over the place, which is normal for cats in vets! :eek: Whereas you can't get them into their carriers, at the vets they rush back into them at the soonest possible opportunity!

Can't remember what it is in England (obviously only for overseas animals) but it was 25 Euros (about �£18) but I was in credit with them because of returning medication Puschka had for her heart when she died in December so it was nothing, and I still have about �£5 credit left! To be used on the babies, huh?

Got home, gave him a slice of cheese and he went outside for 10 minutes, came back in and went back to bed! [​IMG] He's so precious!

3. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    LoL, I keep meaning to show you this web page

http://www.lurcher.org.uk/

it is a Greyhound and Lurcher Rescue, you reminded me of it when talking about you local strays. fantastic pooches, some of which have been up for adoption for sometime. :(

4. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Good site, BM! Hey the show is this Sunday, the 6th ... are you going? Remind me, where's Evesham? Glos?

I wonder if this is something to put up on the evergreen4ever site as we think pets and gardens sort of come hand in hand. What do you think?

Saying that, how about BM's Hideout on there? Costs nothing, it's Yahoo listed (and MSM, me'thinks but not sure). It's all fun, and that's what life's about!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Good Morning,Pleased to hear magic sam was ok at the vets. My mother had a cat years ago me and my brother opted to take it to the vets, got there she was fine and then she went crazy, scratched all my back, i was pleased when we got home. I developed a phobia and was terrified of cats for years would not go to anyones house that had a cat.My friend got a cat a few years ago and she got me to overcome my fear, he is Tom a ginger he is a sweetheart, everytime i go to hers he always comes up to see me, Alas no more fears of cats.
    [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    great site Bm, my friends sister adopted rescue greyhound and a lurcher they are fantastic dogs so good in the house, she also has 15 adopted cats and she also adopted 2 horses, she has plenty of room with her own stables, we keep saying what is she going to adopt next, she also has her own 2 horses and 2 race horses and she loves them all, when i go to hers i always muck in and give her a hand, walking the dogs around the grounds, feeding the horses and all the cats its great fun. [​IMG]

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Morning everyone

We don't have any animals but really like any animal - though I wouldn't like to cuddle a lion [​IMG] . We've always been much too busy to have any pets as it wouldn't be fair to them but there are four cats that own our garden. They take it in turns to patrol the garden and occasionally have a hissing match if they meet. One of them is black and white and quite old (at least 15 years) and none of the others argue with him. There is a long haired fluffy black and white that always tries to stalk the birds at the bird feeder but the male pheasant usually sees him off. There is a longhaired white and ginger one that a friend says is a Burmese and it always looks spotlessly clean - it likes to be petted and mioaws very loudly. The fourth one is also longhaired and fluffy and is white, gold, and ginger with brown socks and blue eyes. He likes catching rats. They all live near us but we don't know which house each one lives at.

The older one is sleeping in his reserved place in the propagator in our greenhouse - I can see out the window him when I sit at my computer. He spends a lot of time there but wasn't there when the weather was so hot.

have a good day
    ----------------------
    shiney

8. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,498
    Morning all! Rosa, where is Rosa? I can't see her! [​IMG]

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,823
    Maybe she's got all shy!!!

-------------------
    shiney

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    dont know whats happened she was on earlier and i havnt done anything to take her off, STRANGE :confused: :(

11. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
    rosa I have deleted your Pm so I can't remember how to get in for you. probably a temporary fault with image shack or you have changed its location there.

12. Banana Man

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +407
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I see rosa is back [​IMG] :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    now that everything seems to be back to normal i can concentrate.
    By shiney you certainly dont need any animals of your own, with your sort of adopted cats you have there, just borrow the neighbours.
    Although i am a leo i certainly wouldnt like to cuddle a lion also.
    good morning Lol you gave me quite a start as i did not know what you all were going on about, then i looked and saw for myself, my reaction was oh dear now how am i ever going to get her back, as it took that long to get rosa there in the first place. Mixed reactions :confused: :( ;) :rolleyes: :eek: [​IMG] :(