Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,It has started raining here again,but we do need it for the garden and allotment.Have a great day [​IMG]

Morning Shiney,hope you are well this fine wet morning :cool:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, getting very cloudy here but at least its dry and the sun is out. have a lovely day

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Morning woo, Kandy and rosa.

Lovely morning here, almost 20 already. I may just lie in the sun and read for a while today.

The sky was heaving yesterday morning with folk coming in for the holiday week (being a Bank Holiday you only have to take four days holiday). We are not necessarily on the flight path ... the Quinta, the rich area is ... but sometimes due to the direction of the wind they come over us. Usually it's three within 15 minutes every hour. Yesterday morning there were about eight in quick succession ... I would not have wanted to be in the airport! Today it's quiet.

The folk on the Quinta (nothing under a million) bought there because it was convenient to the airport, 15-20 minutes. Now there are lots of cheap flights and more frequently, the folk are complaining to the airport authorities that's it's too noisy and they need to accept fewer flights or re-direct! :D :D

Have a lovely day, one and all!

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    Morning LoL, that sounds like a good idea reading in the sun, you must be having a break from painting, i,m just waiting for an e-mail of a horse to paint, so having a little break myself.
    we are on a flight path they come in from denmark and spain and the london flights come this way and do a u-turn over into newcastle along the coast. have a nice day

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Good Morning all my friends Hope you had a good holiday weekend and you are all well. [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Don't know about anyone else,but I am ok.Hope you had a good weekend.Have a good day in all you do [​IMG]

Good Morning,Shiney,Rosa,Lol and evryone else who might peep in here today.Hope you all had a good weekend and I hope you all have a good week. [​IMG]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo, kandy and everyone had a quiet weekend felt very tired so i havnt been far.
    hope you all had a lovely weekend.
    Looks nice out there sunny and nice blue skies just been on my balcony to check my clematis montana and its sprouting loads of new shoots doing very well. have a great day

8. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.It`s shopping day and i`m still not dressed.We`re off to choose-buy invitations for the big day.
    Looks bright out but the skies are cloudy.

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning everyone. Another lovely day of rain - I hope.

The rain held off until our builders had finished tiling the roof so it may have been my fault that we didn't have rain until now. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    They've started plastering the walls and ceiling now - still another month or so to go.

Have a great day.

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Morning one and all. Lovely day here and already 21 degrees so it will be a warm one for sure, as yesterday was.

Have I missed something, elaine, what's the big day?

Enjoy your day in whatever you do.

11. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all, Have already been to Heathrow & back this morning, was there by 6.30am .. Excellent drive up & back. Looks like I missed the traffic jams on the way up as when I was coming back the traffic was at a standstill all the way back to Reading from Heathrow..!! :eek: Lovely day here, windy, but no rain to speak of so far.. Busy days today & tomorrow as off on my hols on Thursday for a couple of weeks.. [​IMG] Yea.. :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    i was wondering what the big day was intriguing elainefiz reveal all.
    marley were you going for your holidays looking forward to seeing your pics

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Off to the Carribean rosa.. I have bought extra memory for my big camera so I shall be off snapping.... 3 cameras so should have 1 or 2 photos.. :D :D :D Looking forward to the gardens etc... As well as a bit of snorkelling & walking too.. Just relaxing....! ;) :D

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    how lovely you will get some great pictures there, we are planning a 6 weeks trip in december, starting in thailand going to cambodia, pattaya, bangkok and off to calangute, goa for 2 weeks then finish back in thailand for the last 2 weeks, looking forward to it and there is 6 of us going together.

15. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] OOh, you will have a super time rosa. My cousin owns/runs huge golf club in Vietnam & he says he is there forever... His heaven..!!! :D 6 of you too, so lots of fun...! :D Enjoy..... I know I shall enjoy mine as I havn't stopped since Xmas.... :D May go back to Canada in the Autumn.. ;)