Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just a quick good morning to kandy and woo and everyone else, going to wash my hair now and food shopping is on the agenda, speak later and have a great day

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,I can't be long as I have to feed the animals,then when Mr Kandy has gone off to work I need to jump into the shower.Have a good day Rosa...

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, maybe woo can persuade one of his friends, the vampire bats, to collect the blood from you and take it to the hospital. It would save you a journey. [​IMG] [​IMG]

woo, if your Sat Nav isn't working properly you should do what the homing pigeons apparently do. There was a programme on TV last year that was quite interesting. That attached mincameras to the feet of homing pigeons so they could see where they flew. It turned out that most of the pigeons used recognisable landmarks for navigation and the the most common landmarks used were motorways! :eek: We could see them flying above the motorways and turning off near junctions to follow other major roads. :D

4. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    morning everyone, its a beautiful day here in brighouse, west yorkshire. my geraniums in the window are loving the sun and are growing rapidly! my hibiscus is now sitting happily outside, hope that will revive those yellow leaves!

5. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Morning Kandy, woo, rosa and shiney, and welcome AndyK to our morning show!

It's 22.7 already, a wee bit warmer than yesterday morning, but we only went to 23.6 yesterday and down to 18 last night.

Good luck at the doctor's, Kandy. Like you rosa, we're off grocery shopping then lunching with friends. Must remember to take the camera.

Hope you're back on track, woo. That's interesting with the homing pigeons, shiney!

I think your yellow leaves will drop, AndyK! :(

Have a wonderful day everyone. [​IMG]

6. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning everyone.It`s so windy this morning.I`ve not long since crawled out of bed and think a go slow day is in order.
    LOL and rosa,the big day i was talking about...
    Sat. August 25th..mr.fiz and i are getting married.
    It feels very far off, so i`m still quite calm and so far things have come together nicely.It seems alot of folk are of the same mind and are getting wed bank holiday weekend,so i`m having a bit of a chew hiring cars and a photographer.My mission today is to have them sorted before i go to bed.The funny thing is,the church is less then 5 minuites walk from where we live and the distance from the church to the reception is about 30 paces.I can see us all sprinting across the green if i don`t manage to book cars!! :D

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,206
    Congratulations elainefiz and mr fiz! :cla;: [​IMG] [​IMG]

I couldn't be putting up with all that commotion. When we married, we got up, it was my birthday and t'other half said "do you want to get married" so we called his Mum (he was only 18 and he needed permission to marry, I was 20 and didn't as girls could marry at 18, boys it was 21 then in Alabama) and off we went to the Registry Office! And that was 39 years ago! :eek:

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    congratulations !!! Elainefiz and mr , I was married 21st August nearly eight years, more lovely pictures to see.

9. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Congrats! This is wierd I was just coming to announce my date as we've just booked in at tregganna castle hotel, st ives for 7th August 2009! cant wait! i've also booked my flying lesson for 28th may this year that is going to be awesome!

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,675
    Hi Elaine congratulations to you and Mr fizz. [​IMG]

Shiney Yes but over half of the Pigeons kept flying Into overhead cables due to their Pigeon
    Toes and black and white film used on the minicameras. :D As for the blood ,I will have a word on the QT,They will probably think I,m Bats :D

11. dancing queen

dancing queen Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    good luck Elainefiz with your wedding preparations , hope all go`es well .

Andyk can`t think of a better place to get married , beautiful Cornwall .I have lived in Penzance all my life and would`nt want to be anywhere else :D :D :D

12. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    oh lucky you! are you a pirate?! i always associate penzance with the pirates of penzance!!

13. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thank`s for the good vibes everyone.We were engaged 2yrs ago, whilst holidaying in Turkey with friends.Earlier this yr the same friends called and asked do we fancy Turkey again this yr?We said yes and mr.fiz said.."should we call it a honeymoon?" :D
    [​IMG] The darling man has a way with words.
    Good luck to you AndyK. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. AndyK

AndyK Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    awesome, good luck to you too! we got engaged nearly 1 year ago. i did a bit of a romantic proposal on the beach at perranporth!

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,511
    woo, :D :D

elainefiz, many congratulations to the both of you. We also got married on 25th August but that was over 40 years ago :eek: and we are still happily married [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Mrs shiney and I wish you a wonderful day and lots and lots of them in the future. [​IMG]