Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    No not finished yet Rosa another coat to do,won't manage it today got other things to see to.Kandy what fun we'll have on here in the lead up to C-------,& yes good idea bout cards.

2. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning Gogs,rosa.. :rolleyes: Hate to say this Kandy, but started on the prezzie trail a while back!! have 6 so far... :rolleyes: Sad I know, but I do three special calenders with a liitle gift for each day of December. Hard as they get older, as you end up spending more!!! [​IMG]
    What's up with the pc then Kandy??? [​IMG] I don't know you lot!!! Getting bad backs sitting at PCs.....!!!! [​IMG] Hope you feel better soon. Give those muscles a good old stretch out..!! [​IMG] Catch you later..

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    gogs what colour did you do the kitchen, best to have a rest as it is hard work.
    e-mail me also and we can exchange addresses for xmas, we were just discussing what we are doing for xmas this year with hubbys son & his wife, think they are coming to mine this year, ohhhh cant wait to put the tree up decorations and all the lights on my windows, funnily enough just ordered in avon sale a avdent santa

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    yes marley its sitting in an awkward position with the lap top on the settee all night that did mine, mind i have back problems from a ski-ing accident when i was in my 20s

5. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Pewter,it was magnolia but no good with the dogs,i was forever washing walls.Yes you too for the cards.Think we must go back to childhood with this christmas thing, i know i do.

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,790
    Hi Kandy
    It is lovely for you to think of sending Xmas cards to us but please don't send to me. We made a decision years ago that instead of us sending cards we would donate the money we usually spent on cards to a charity. In those days we used to get between 200 and 300 cards and sent about 100-150. We now give �£150 to the our local hospice. We asked all our friends not to send us cards and now quite a lot of them do the same as us.

I know it is nice to receive the cards but we send a lot of emails instead BUT still send cards to friends who live abroad and to all our friends who live alone.
    --------------
    shiney [​IMG]

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.We are looking forward to Xmas,because we are going to be away up in the 1,000 acre Chatsworth Estate on the Caravan Club site.

We take Trees Lights Turkey and Prezzies with us.

The site looks nice at night with all the fairy lights on.It's brilliant,and we get to walking around a lot of the Estate.They have Red Deer running on the Estate,which is nice to see.

If they have snow so much the better,we then drive up to Mam Tor near Losehill and walk up the hills.Really nice way to walk off the Turkey

Kandy

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney.Who said I was going to send you one anyway...only joking.

We usually buy the Charity ones,so they are doing some good anyway.

I like recieving cards,as I heard once that if you send someone a card it helps keep the friendship going and are thinking of that person.

Now that Rosa has shown me how to do E cards I will probably be sending a lot of those out.I shall respect your wishes Shiney,and will just say have a Happy Xmas and New year.

Kandy

End of Sermon

[​IMG] [​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    going for now got loads to do, hubby is moving the washing machine out of the kitchen, getting a new one delivered monday, shopping, wash the hair as we are going out tonight to the local rugby club doo with friends, enjoy your day will speak later [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Morning one and all ... it's September already but a wee bit too early to be talking about Christmas cards! :eek:

I want to cut the Lantana hedge back today but don't whether to do it early or late (it's 27C already) ... me'thinks early will be a better time because once we get to our high (yesterday 33C) we stay there till 10-11pm!

I've just chopped another tray of tomatoes for sun-drying, the first tray only took two days. We visited friends yesterday and they came us some so figured I'd dry them as well ready for winter sauces! [​IMG]

Have a nice day everyone and speak to you anon! [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I get my christmas cards also from the local charity shop and also always buy a pack from our
    local life boat in cullercoats, special ones this year as the photographer for the first year ever has caught the moment in snow, looking forward to seeing them. [​IMG]
    hi Lol didnt get the chance to wish you good morning so good afternoon, send me some of them lovely sun dried tomatoes how would we do them here put them in the oven i suppose.

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Afternoon, Rosa. Yes, you can do the tomatoes in the oven ....

Preheat to 200F / 100C / Gas 1, basically the lowest setting possible.

Cut the tomatoes into quarters or eighths and arrange on a cake rack cut side up. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt (and ground mixed peppercorns and herbs if desired).

Place in the oven and bake until they are shrivelled and dry ... but this could take between 6 and 12 hours depending on the size of the tomatoes.

You can then keep them in zip-locked bags or plastic containers where they keep indefinitely or put them in jars and cover with olive oil to intensify the flavour for use at a later date in sauces or other recipes.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks LoL, would you mind putting this in the recipe section then it will be easier to find later as i will forget were it is then i will have to ask you again, cheers :)hope you dont mind me asking you.

14. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Just hung out some wash and came in to do just that thing, Rosa! Great minds and all that ...

I'll put it under the sun-dried recipe, okay?

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    dont forget to add your sauce recipes [​IMG] [​IMG]