Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.It is wet again and very windy with more forecast for the weekend...

Have a great day everyone in all you do :cool:

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,687
    Hi Kandy and all my friends Its friday ,weekend is nearly here,Have a good one. [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,yes it's Friday yet again and we will soon be into the heat of summer :cool:

Looking forward to it,It's July this weekend how the time is flying :eek: :D

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,219
    First off, hi up there penny ... thuoght you had forgotten about us ... pleased to see you back. :eek: you've been having it hotter than us!

Morning Kandy and woo. Will your weather ever change, Kandy, to something more pleasant?

We're a pleasant 19 degrees and there's a slight breeze. You get a good night's sleep when it's like this, not hot / not cold, just a sheet ... it all goes amiss when the mad Cal revs his engines at 5am and then gets Boo to join in the action. :eek:

Boa fim semana (they start saying it here on a Friday morning, sometimes Thursday afternoon).

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, woo & LOL and everyone.
    lovely morning here for a change nice blue skies a bit cloudy and the sun it out.
    have a great day all [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny hope your keeping well will speak later

7. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,544
    Good morning everyone

I'm back in the land of GC [​IMG]

Unfortunately my compute crashed - the hard drive is no more - and I have had to rebuild it and try and recover some things that were on it. Luckily I had backed up all the data but didn't have much of the software that the computer came with. We had been given the computer, brand new, a few years ago as Mrs shiney had done a lot of good work for some organisation on the internet and a member of the internet group offered it to her for nothing. Some people are amzingly generous [​IMG] . They posted the offer of the computer on the site and asked for applicants and they picked Mrs shiney.

After the crash I finally got the computer running and was given some software. all our normal data was backed up but we have lost all of our stored emails - so if I promised to send seeds to anyone I hope you will let me know. I then had a few weeks of trouble getting my Broadband working properly again - driver problems and phone line problems.

We've still got the builders in but they should finish this week - and they have done a great job.

During all this time we have been very busy raising money for different organisations. The plant sale went well and raised �£350 for the U3A. I also ran a small event for a skin cancer charity and raised �£200 and another event for the Altzheimer charity and raised �£400. Mrs shiney and I also ran a very successful Pamper Day for the local Breats Cancer Unit and raised �£1200.

We are just starting to relax from all that and so I now have a little time to get back on GC.

Got to make tea for the builders now.

Have a great day [​IMG] :D :D

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,Welcome back to GC.It is strange but there has been quite a few members rejoin this week who had gone missing.You must all have sent out thought waves to each other :D :eek:

Glad to hear everything is ok now with the computer and also that you raised quite a bit of money with your various charities ..

Looks like Mrs Shiney will soon be installed in her lovely sunroom and you unfortuneatly will be redundant as tea boy but I am sure you will find something interesting to do with your spare time [​IMG] :D

I will have to drop you a PM regarding the seeds you promised me.It fills an A4 sheet of paper.

Have a great day :cool: [​IMG]

9. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Welcome back Shiney, sure missed seeing you, so glad that you are back!

Very well done both you and Mrs Shiney on all the various charity events you gathered so much money on.

It'll be lovely when the sun room is finished and you can both sit and enjoy it - and think up more things to do!

I'll write to you later on today, am only on for a few minutes now.

Have a good day everyone.

10. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    [​IMG] Morning everyone, its a beautiful day here, around 84 degrees and supposed to be in the upper 90's all weekend, its a long weekend here for us with it being Canada Day, so that'll be nice.
    Have a great day everyone ;)

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    afternoon penny, welcome back, nice blue skies here north east uk, been sunny for a change as the weather has been awful throughout the uk.
    have a nice well deserved weekend

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Gardeners.It is dry here at the moment which is nice and there is no breeze or rain..

Yipeee at least hopefully there will be no noshing of my plants or vegetables by those dreaded slugs and snails :eek:

I am going to call this the year of the snail because I am finding loads.At this rate the dustbin men will be struggling to take the recycling bin off the drive to empty it,it is getting that bad,because I am fed up with chuking them over the fence only to have them crawl back again,so in the bin they now go.
    Talk about breeding like rabbits...or should that be snails [​IMG] :D I reckon I could set up my own snail farm,I wonder if it would catch on... [​IMG] :D

Have a nice day everyone :cool:

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning campers, the snails are having a lovely time anyway :D :eek: lovely and sunny here on the north east coastline.
    They pick their own snails off the hills in spain for consumption, so a snail company in this country would probably catch on, then everyone can send you their snails, have a nice day :D

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa it has started raining here now so it looks like we are going to get it for the rest of the weekend...

I have gone off the idea of a snail farm,it is bad enough trying to catch them for the recycling bin and I keep getting slimey stuff on my hands which is hard to wash off :eek:

Hope you have a good weekend in all you do [​IMG]

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy,it said there was going to be at least another 2 inches of rain forcasted for over the weekend, thats going to be bad news for the flooded areas.
    My friends hubby was in hospital in pontefract and her daughter and her had to drive through a flooded area to get to the hospital.
    I wouldnt fancy a snail farm yak, I had enough of them in my last place i lived across the road, nasty slimey things :D :eek: .
    I,m planning to paint a portrait later on, lets hope it works out.anyway have a lovely weekend