Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,Yes I heard the same thing.It is terrible for all those poor people who have lost everything and having no insurance.My heart goes out to them.
    I still haven't heard anything being said about an Appeal being set up for people to Donate money or furniture to help them.As I said on the weather thread the UK is always one of the first countries to dip their hands in their pockets to help other countries when they have disasters,but no one seems to want to know us.

Mr Kandy was saying they have a heatwave going on in Greece and Romania and 35 people have already lost their lives,so I expect they have enough of their own problems...

I am glad your friends got through the floods ok because people have lost their lives this week when the cars have got swept away...

Don't overdo the painting,think of your hand.You need to keep resting it or else it will never get any better.Have a good weekend also :cool:

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,219
    Morning Kandy and rosa. Gosh, you two are chatty this morning. I've had a lovely lie in ... it's nice having our bedroom back with a lovely new floors across the front of the house.

It may be a warm one here today as it's already 23 degrees ... not as hot as Greece, I would not like it that hot.

I'll be interested to see the portrait you paint, rosa. I'm painting a sunset scene but I'm not liking it very much at all so may play around with it for a while. Also may start sorting my clothes out.

Have a lovely day in all you do.

3. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,687
    Good Morning Kandy ,Rosa,Lol, and everyone else,Have a great Day and stay safe. [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy yes your right were is our help from other countries no we have to sort our own mess up, we are too soft with other countries, think i,ll go build a british church in their countries they seem to be doing in our area.people come to this country cause they said they will get looked after.
    LoL just waiting for sunshine to send her boys photos ohhh they have just arrived will get it started.
    woo have a lovely day and that goes for everyone else that cares to venture in here [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning LoL and Woo,We have just got back from shopping in M&S in Norhtampton.What a waste of time.They are having the place refurbished so there are no tiles on the floors or ceilings so all you can see are the piping for the air conditioning and electrical wiring :eek: At least I amanged to get some bits for my September Holiday{If we ever get there} and some food from the food hall..

Mr Kandy was going to buy a small bag of cherries but was shocked at the price �£7.99 :eek: they were on half price so would have been nearly �£16 what a rip off.He settled for a small pack which came to �£2.49.I often wonder how they work out the mark up on these items...and I felt cheated the other week for having to pay �£20 for a having a dry trim at the Hairdressers,that snail farm looks even more promising... :D

LoL,I think you do your chatting during the day and evening, so as I am in bed by ten and then up at six,I do mine in the morning,while you are still in the land of nod [​IMG] :D

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,219
    Hi Kandy. I don't come on so much in the daytime any more, just first thing then in the evenings ... too much veggie talk for me! :rolleyes:

What a price for the cherries! They are expensive here but I think around 5-7 Euros a kilo. When I had my hair cut to my shoulders (never again) last year, I had a mobile hairdresser come and she charged me 10 Euros (about �£7).

Enjoy your day.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy and LoL, when i went to goa in january we went around the markets looking for cherries as i too love them and they wanted a fortune for them it was more than �£10, told the seller she is having a laugh and she said import very expensive, so i guess she wouldnt of sold many of them over there. The indians certainly couldnt afford to buy them

8. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,105
    CHERRIES.......I just love them.....the only trouble is when I start eating them I cant stop...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Wish I was there to help you eat them Roders!

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    ohhhh lovely cherries roders, I could just eat them yummy, yummy

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone.Pinch Punch first day of the month and all that :D Well what a washout June was,glad to see the back of it with all the rain.It might as well rain until September [​IMG]

Hope you all have a great day in all you do and if you see the sun can you send some my way Ta :cool:

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Kandy may be able to send you a bit of sun getting a bit brighter, not before time,have a good day.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Walnut,sorry didn't realise you had posted on here.I was trying to answer Shiney's quiz questions,have my breakfast and catch some more snails in the garden..Have a good day your self :cool:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, walnut and everyone.it lashed down here last night, very dull this morning.
    enjoy the 1st of july, have a good day everyone

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,We had rain lashing down all night as well,but it has stopped now and the sun is shining.Have a good day in all you do [​IMG]