Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa.If you lose track of what posts you want to look at from a particular member,say LOL,then look at the top of the page where the GC logo is.Then look to the right where there are some boxes.Pick the one that says Directory.Click on that and you will see a page that has boxes in it.Write in the members name or number and then I think you press enter,not sure.If you have done it right a page will come up with that members topics and post's for each day.Just click on them and you should eventually find what you are looking for,and you won't miss the postings of your favorite members.
    Hope this helps you and stops you getting lost

Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    When you go into the Directory, Kandy / Rosa, you can type in the person's name on the left, press enter, then their name comes up (hopefully), press on their name and their profile comes up, then go into their recent topics.

I find it easier to click on the person's name 1) if I know they are on line from the Recent Visitors' list, or go to a subject where this person always participates (like you two in the Muppet Show or Wakey, Wakey) and click on their name over their avatar.

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks for that LOL.I was just trying to help Rosa,so that she can find your bit about sun dried tomatoes.At least once it is in the recipe thread then we will all be able to find it.

I am forever getting lost on here,but then with no sense of direction I am not suprised...I can't even find my way out of a paper bag

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy & shiney, how are you this morning, had a good night last night there was a band called rock bottom, know a couple of them they are friends with hylton valentine who was with the animals who i know very well.

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Morning everyone

I had no trouble getting on to the internet today and got on to GC with no trouble either. Then I had the problem. Every time I clicked on 'log in' it told me the page could not be displayed. got here eventually [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had my delivery of bird seed yesterday (I do eat other things as well [​IMG] ) and there was a little booklet with it from the Suffolk Owl Sanctuary explaining about owls and how to adopt an owl. Their website is
    www.owl-help.org.uk
    I haven't looked at the site yet.

As usual I have lots of things to do today. Apart from continuing sorting out the shed I have to go over to a village about 10 miles away to walk a dog. The dog's name is Aimee and her owner is away for a couple of weeks. She has someone house and dog sitting but this person is elderly (even older than me) and can't walk Aimee more than 15 minutes. So I go over every so often and take her on a 5 mile run/walk. I walk and she runs. [​IMG]
    ----------------
    shiney

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    shiney, I am still having problems tiscali keeps logging me out and also had that this page cannot be displayed, going to call that steve he will probably come back and have a look at it again, heard nothing from tiscali what a surprise :confused:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning windy how are you this morning just enjoying a cup of coffee, its dry out there, going out later meeting friends for a couple of [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all,
    blowing an absolute hooly here :eek: One of the stems on my Lobelia cardinalis has snapped off at the ground and my banana is mashed to a pulp! I do wish my big stuff would hurry up and grow and shelter the garden from this damn gale!!!
    Sorry to hear you're still having problems with the PC Rosa. I've been on Tiscali for years and never had a problem with them, but perhaps it's the luck of the draw? :rolleyes:

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    rosa, I've lost your avatar again. It was on here when I made my last posting. Is little rosa running in and out of the computer? Maybe that is why your computer isn't working properly [​IMG] [​IMG]

windy,
    I've checked the names of those grasses. The one you particularly asked about was the third picture and it is called Carex Morowii 'Silver Sceptre'. The other two are Miscanthus Sinensis 'Strictus' and Imperata 'Red Baron'. I think they are on page 38 of 'Wakey wakey'.

-----------
    shiney

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    still having bother with this pc and tiscali, getting steve back to have a look as it nearly went out the window last night, the night before had problems with the lap top it shut down and went into hibernation, put it away. will have to look at it.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    never noticed it dissapearing shiney seems ok, if i went out of gc to check my e-mails you can bet i would be logged off tiscali surely this cant be right.

12. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Shiney, thanks for that [​IMG]
    That Carex is really lovely, you got a bargain for �£3!!! Might have a google and see if any of my local nurserys have some.
    Rain and wind here now :( Oh when am I ever going to get the turfing done?????? Play was stopped for bad light last night. Is it me or is Autumn closing in earlier than usual? :(

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I seem to be posting in the wrong place today or is it everyone else.I am going to stick with this one,and then you will all be over on Night Owls...No wonder I am Dizzy.

Shiney do you think you can look after our elderly dog while we are away? I can guarantee that you will walk quicker than she does.

Now it has gone cloudy I expect it will rain soon.

Rosa I will have to see what the photos look like of the sunrise.I did some on stills,then did the rest on cine,before the clouds got in the way.I wanted to film it rising. [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Windy Hope you are well.We have lost the sun,so now the rain will come.

Just off to have a nice mug of tea.Have a good day everyone.Catch you later

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    catch you later kandy, oh by the way how is your back and bronchitis with that old pipe of mr kandys