Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everyone funny isn't it we wake up yet again on these dull wet mornings, and our lovely LoL will be struggling to stay cool, mind you we are not far from Rosa but we have not had those 4 lovely days,we will have to find a way of sharing it around. :D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut and everyone else when they get up.No rain for us today at the moment and yesterday was brilliant apart from one odd shower which watered the garden :rolleyes:

I wouldn't want it up in the ninties because then it is too hot to do anything but stay indoors with the fan running,and I wouldn't be able to get outside in the garden.Perhaps up in the 70's but certainly not in the 90's,too hot for my fair skin....

Enjoy your day everyone :cool:

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, kandy and everyone else that joins us, the weather looks dry here we are supposed to be having a nice dat today then tommorow its going to turn not very nice sat and sun.
    I had better make the most of it today.
    have a nice day

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,I have just been out to feed the pigs and it had just started raining,though by the time I came back indoors it had stopped.The weather forcasters are just saying that you will have rain up in your neck of the woods by 4pm,so you had better make the most of any decent weather you may be having...Enjoy your day [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, its looking chaneagble here now allthough the sun is out pretty dark clouds coming over, enjoy your day

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,220
    Morning walnut, Kandy and rosa.

It's 25.5 but doesn't feel "hot". I sit outside for a few hours each day in the shade reading as there is not much gardening to be done. I will water things after I write this. At 30 the a/c goes on in the kitchen/diner and at 7pm it goes on in the bedroom. The rest of the house is comfortable as it's old with thick walls and small windows.

I'd rather this than all that wet stuff. [​IMG]

I try to share my warmth and sunshine with you guys.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Hi Rosa,Lol,Walnut,Kandy and all,Have a good day. [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL and woo, its nice to have a little warmth brought to us from portugal and especially seeing the photos.
    Been having a break from painting going to finish 1 i started on sunday.
    have a lovely day [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, its another sunny day here, although alot cooler, around 68 degrees, which is nicw after having days in the upper 90's.

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everyone, drat the weather lots of roses stuck in bud and rotting it's a shame they (and me)waited all year for this, had a bad year with my Daturas most of the flowers rotted they have just been full of water with having an upright blossom, rescued a few and brought them inside,moan over worst things happen at sea, make the best of your weekend stay safe.

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut,sorry to hear about your roses and Daturas.Some of our Day Lily's have rotted while in bud and the slugs and snails have noshed all Regale Liliums to shreds.We had waited all year for their wonderful scent and I only managed one photo before I lost the whole lot,so I can sympathize with you. :rolleyes:

Good morning everyone.Welcome to good old wet blighty.Hope you all have a great day in all you do. :cool:

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning Walnut,Kandy and all,Such a beautiful day as they all are.Keep smiling. [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning walnut, kandy, woo and all, sorry to hear of you losing some flowers due to the weather.
    its dry here this morning very cloudy.
    have a good day

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning everyone,
    It has been a busy few days with some more to come. The wind looks as though it is picking up so I'm just off out for a walk in the forest in case it rains later.

Have a great day [​IMG]

15. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,220
    Good evening walnut, Kandy, woo, rosa and shiney.

I was busy being hot in Spain today so unfortunately didn't say hello to you guys. We have to go back next Saturday as both items we wanted had to be ordered! :eek:

Took some photos but haven't looked yet. Besides being hot, it's boring there (although Huelva is a lovely town/city) but as far as the eye can see it's sunflower fields ... all dead and drying now ... must have been a wonderful sight a month or two ago. Hopefully I'll post a couple tomorrow in my Country Life.

walnut, so sorry about your roses and Daturas ... I know what them mean to you. :(

Have a nice evening everyone!