Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning Walnut and all my friends,Have a lovely day and stay safe. [​IMG]

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut and Woo and everyone.I am very late this morning due to a bad night and then crashed when Mr K got up :rolleyes:

Hope you have a decent time at Tatton Walnut.This weather is terrible and we are getting more rain this week :(

Hope you all have a great day in all you do [​IMG]

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, woo and kandy and everyone, its poured down here last night, looks a little dull here this morning but the ground is wet so i cant tell what sort of day we are in for.
    going this morning to my local art shop to pick 2 pictures up that i had framed one being LoL,s will have to find a nice place to hang it, in my lounge will put it up in her section in hobbies.
    have a nice day

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,223
    Morning woo, walnut, Kandy and rosa.

It's a lovely fresh morning, not 22 yet. I almost had to put a sweater on last evening in the breeze and it was too "cool" for us to be on deck. It's one of the fascinating things about the Algarve ... how it can be warm and cool at the same time.

Maybe you'll float this way, walnut, as surely you can't cycle up there now.

I thought you had the picture framed a long time ago, sweetie ... looking forward to seeing it.

Hope you all had a good weekend and that the coming week is kind to you.

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, its still in the art shop kept forgetting to pick them up do hope he has them, going this morning, will take a pic of it framed and put it in your section in hobbies when i get back, will find a special place to hang it :eek: [​IMG]

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning everyone

LoL, I hope you have recovered from your nightmare - what a horrible way to wake up. :eek:

Kandy, take it easy today. I hope you are feeling better.

We were at a friend's house for dinner last night and had to close the windows and doors because of thousands of flying ants crawling over the patio. There were seven blackbirds, two robins and one wren having a wonderful time feasting on them. Their antics kept us amused for about 20 minutes and then all the remaining ants took flight.

I'm off now to take Mrs shiney's car for a service and MOT.

Have a great day [​IMG]

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Morning everyone!!!!

Hope everyone is ok and not too wet!!
    Once again we have missed most of the rain. We had a thunderstorm yeasterday - well, sort of - it went a black as night, thunder rumbling around, a few flashes of lightning, then off it went - we could see the rain a few miles away, but missed us totally!! But at least we have had a heavy shower this morning.

I am starting week 2 off work due to a chest infection - I sound like I've been on at least 60 woodbine a day for the last 20 years!! I am on comlete rest for the time being.... and I can't remember EVER sleeping so much!! Weel - just got the little darlings off to scholl - so I'm brewing a cuppa then its back to bed for a couple of hours....

See you all later :cool:

8. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone, hope everyone had a great weekend, it was busy for us, kids had a soccer tournament and all we did was run, and guess what, we get to do it all over again this weekend, but thats ok, isnt that what a parent is for (lol)>
    Have a great day everyone!!!

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Hi Penny,
    Nice to hear from you again.. ;) I thought parents were always the local cab service.....!! :D How's the weather with you? Hot? Not sure where our summer has gone, but it seems to have forgotten us!!! Have a good day & say "Hi" to Ontario from me.... [​IMG]

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,Lol in all the years of cycling I have never been stopped by the weather storms, deep snow you name it,a little bit of sea between me and Portugal wouldn't stop me a quick conversion to a pedalo and who knows. have a safe day everyone. :D

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone,I do hope you are all bright and breezy this fine morning.

Had another rough night between my back problems and hot fluhes,the joys of being a woman and now it has taken me ten minutes to get on here :mad: If this carries on then this machine will end up in the recycling bin along with the snails and I shall be back on the Vallium :(

I do hope you all have a lovley day in everything you do and I hope the weather is the same :cool:

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,223
    Morning walnut and Kandy.

I've always thought cyclists were fanatics.

Sorry you had a bad night Kandy. GC is working slow for me this morning ... or am I working slow for GC?

It's 23 with a slight breeze. I want to go back to bed.

Have a good day in whatever you may do

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi LoL,I think we keep missing each other.I see I am not the only one with a slow computer.Thank goodness the Shuttle doesn't depend on us. [​IMG] :D

You are warmer than us I only make it 15c but that is still warm for us and we have a breeze also.I think I will go back to bed when I have done all my jobs round the house and by then it will be 10pm....Roll on September :cool:

Hope you have a good day [​IMG]

14. elainefiz

elainefiz Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.Young fiz is off on a school trip today so he decided he wanted fish finger sandwiches for his lunch.(i know)Anyway,couldn`t find his school bag, said he`d borrowed it to someone and hadn`t got it back.(my fault?)so wasn`t taking a packed lunch in a CARRIER BAG!!
    Old trainers i`d washed that had been drying on the radiator were TOO TIGHT!!
    Raincoat he hadn`t worn for ages was TOO SMALL!!
    It`s not even 8.00am and my head is in the shed.
    He`s away out the door growling like a grizzly. :D They`re all off to Hamsterly Forest to do mountain biking,today tomorrow and thursday.Don`t know if you remember the famous David Bellamy? He lives up there.Beautiful house and grounds.Me and mr.fiz were up there last yr knicking moss off his walls for my hanging baskets. :rolleyes: :D

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning everyone

It's a lovely day again. [​IMG]

I'm going to carry on with the mowing before I have to go and play bridge this afternoon.

Our builders haven't been around for two weeks now because we are waiting on some deliveries that are supposed to come at the end of the week. As they have almost finished we have been able to start on cleaning the place up. They have been quite clean and tidy but they don't clean things the way we like it. The floor has been tiled and they mopped up after grouting but it was still mucky. I've hoovered, swept and mopped and then dried it the old fashioned way - towel on the end of a broom. I needed a two day rest after that [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

Have a great day [​IMG]