Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone.It looks like it is just me and fourteen guests at the moment :D

Had a good day yesterday. Did a quick bike ride first thing. Fed all the pets. Did some dusting and hoovering,washed the sheets and pillow cases off the bed and all the towels in use, then ironing when that lot had dried,so that is out of the way until the next lot.Had another quick bike ride at lunch time

Weeded the front garden{No help there}drove to Tesco's for a couple of items and manged to spend �£90 :eek: :confused: packed that lot away cooked some din dins which went down nicely,then when Mr K had eaten his dinner and the washing and drying up was done{No dishwasher only us}we got our bikes out and went for a longer bike ride because it was such a lovely evening.I was in pain by the time we got back so perhaps I over did it a bit.Chatted to our neighbours put the pigs away surfed the net for half an hour then went to bed.zzzzz

Hope you all had an enjoyable day yesterday and have a good one today before the rain starts :rolleyes: [​IMG]

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,I saw britains gratest gardeners at work yesterday the local council gardeners, 4 guys arrived about midday in a waggon with mowers in a trailer at the back,they parked up spent over an hour having I presume their lunch the task in hand was to mow 3 small patches of grass at the front of some retirement bungalows,they took about 10 minutes and made a lot of noise, no grass was collected it was just left lying on top the stuff on the paths just blown back on the grass, they scarpered leaving a right mess, the old guy from across the way later came out got his mower and proceeded to go over the grass they had cut using his machine to gather the grass, he managed to fill 3 green bins with the stuff, is there no pride these days.They even had a nice day for it the lazy sods.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, walnut and everyone, bit cloudy here this morning, everyone have a great day

4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning everyone,

Kandy, I need to have a lie down and rest after reading what you did yesterday :D . Although you say you were in pain by the end of the day it sounds as though you are managing to do a lot more than you were able to do before. Keep it up [​IMG] [​IMG]

walnut, you should stop mincing words and say what you really think of them :D [​IMG]

It's started to brighten up outside but the wind is also picking up so maybe the rain is on its way.

Have a great day [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,I forgot to say,we have a Tracey as well.Tracey trailer that takes alot of our big unwanted items to the tip{dump} that we can't get in the car.We also used to have a trailer tent that was called Tracey and the Caravan is called Cara :D {Kara}

It started raining earlier so no gardening for me today. :eek: :D

Morning Walnut and Rosa, hope you have a good day as well :cool:

6. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    Morning all!!!! Last day of school today - just got soaked taking them in - and I took the car!!!! Youngest had "lost" his waterproof (most probably in class) - so I made him go in with no coat - am I a bad Mum??? WHO CARES!!!!! May teach him to be more careful!!

Anyhoos..... theres a cuppa calling to me, along with some toast and marmite....

Catch you later

Hey Walnut - sounds like we have the same team of council gardeners!!!!

Stay dry peeps XX

7. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovely hot day yesterday when I had a telephone interview for a job.
    Today when I have an actual interview for another job...I am going to look like a drowned rat! [​IMG]
    Somebody, somewhere is having a good laugh [​IMG]

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,226
    Good morning one and all.

I won't tell you it's a lovely morning here because you're probably tired of that.

Hope you are feeling better now, Honey.

D1zi, good luck. I got my best job ever (working in criminal law) looking like a drowned rat so have faith! [​IMG]

Back off to Spain again tomorrow to collect what we ordered last Saturday. A man phoned yesterday and left a message on the answerphone ... as we don't understand Spanish, especially when they speak at the speed of Concorde, we are just assuming that he was saying it was in. But you know what they say about the word assume ... you should never assume anything as it makes an "ass" out of "u" and "me".

Enjoy whatever you may do today.

9. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks LoL, the rain had eased off by the time I got there (by the skin of my teeth after getting stuck in traffic!) but I have to say I really like the sound of the job so fingers crossed

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning all my friends ,I trust you are all well and Happy.Have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG]

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo is it a late night or an early morning for you? bet those feather have not half been wet lately,off to dig my wellies (or waders)out for my Tatton visit, have a good safe day everyone.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Woo and Walnut.You two beat me this morning so I must have had a half decent night's sleep.Enjoy your day at Tatton Walnut,though I don't envy you with all this horrible wet weather and I am freezing cold sitting here in my dressing gown typing this brrrrr :eek:

Have a good folks when you all get going this morning [​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Forgot to say,Dizi I hope the Interview went ok and that you are soon the bearer of very good news.I will keep my fingers and toes crossed for you :cool:

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, weather has changed here it started raining last night and its still raining looks like its in for the day, still warm mind and no wind which i,m pleased about.
    have a great day and hope you are going to have better weather than here on the north east coast. [​IMG] :eek:

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning woo, walnut and Kandy

walnut, have a great day at Tatton but make sure you take a brolly [​IMG]

We're off to London to meet up with friends. We have lunch out then either go to the theatre/cinema, a museum or go on a guided walk depending on the weather.

Have a great day all of you :D