Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Cough Cough Cough,though the back is cough cough starting to get cough cough better Thankyou

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    dear, dear me thats a bad cough you have there kandy

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Morning, folk! Have fed the critters ... Magic Sam has gone out for a soiree around the garden and C & C are bouncy around the living room so now I'm sitting down having my peppermint tea which I usually have before my Earl Grey.

I had a later night last night because the air up on the deck was so cool and there was a lovely breeze we stayed up there longer than normal! [​IMG]

No sign of the precious wet stuff falling from the skies here, I'm afraid. It's 27C already. Yesterday we only went to 32C, a few degrees "cooler" than of late.

Speak to you later! [​IMG]

4. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Belated good morning all ,that Paladin shouldn't have shown me that pic. it was all too much for me!(sorry Pal ,just joking)O.H. telling me to get a move on going shopping shortly,need to wash my hair first says i. Grrrrrrrr

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL and gogs, not so nice hear now raining and i have to go out in it 11.30 good job for the invention of the good old brolly..
    I hate washing my hair washed mine yesterday its a pain [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to me and 7 guests.it's a bit wet out there today,so no riding my nice new shiney bike today.

Didn't get much sleep again because the street hunter brought another snack into the bedroom four times.Tried to shut him out, but he's started sawing through the bottom of the door with his razor sharp claws.We shall have to send him off to the fur farm me thinks if he carries on.It's nice to recieve prezzies, but there is a time and place to do it.
    He got bored in the end,so ate said snack.Just what I need when I am trying to sleep.At least I didn't have to perform another water burial...

It's wet outside,though thankfully the wind isn't so strong...at the moment.

I have been trying to sort out some more photos to get on here.

I will have to go soon to polish my nice new bike.It a Dahon Expression folding type,so I can get it into the back of my KA.
    At least I can now try to get some of my fitness back I lost through my health problems cough cough.
    Have a good day everyone

7. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Kandy,
    Still gales and lashing rain here, oh, and now we've got fog too! Looks like another non-gardening day for me. Suppose I'll have to do some housework instead [​IMG] :(
    The new bike sounds cool Kandy, hope the weather perks up so you can have a go on it. [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning kandy & windy, dry here and not suprised after yesterday it lashed down all day.
    kandy look like you will be getting out a lot on that new bike of yours

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and Windy.I have used the money I had for my Birthtday plus a bit more to buy the bike,so didn't have to add too much to the cost.

It is now dry here after what looks like overnight rain,but the roads are still damp.I'm not sure what the forecast is for today,but I seem to remember more of the wet stuff to come.

10. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Morning ,Kandy,Windy& rRosa ,miserable morning here ,hope you have fun with your new bike Kandy.Know what you mean Windy bout not getting in the garden i don't like to think i have to stay indoors.What you gonna do today Rosa?

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Gogs.The sun is trying to come out here,so might be able to get things done.I too hate being cooped up all day,so hope you have a good one

Kandy

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning gogs & shiney, kandy and windy again.
    enjoy your new bike kandy you will have lots of fun peddling up the hills then free-wheeling down them :D :D
    the sun is shining very cloudy surely we couldnt have another down-pour like yesterday it lashed from the heavans all day.
    staying in was going to go to a local club with friends have changed my mind, will take rosa up to the local park iff it stays nice

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,788
    Morning everyone,

The wind has dropped today. Yesterday we had gales and there were some trees down around here. We also had a powercut. That's always a nuisance because I then have to go round resetting clocks, answerphone message etc. I hope my runner beans and the shed are still standing. Going to put up more shelving etc in the shed today - but Mrs shiney and I shall go over and walk Aimee first.

When I went over yesterday morning to walk her she nearly licked me to death before I could manage to get the lead on her. She's very good really. One word from me - and she does exactly what she likes!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Although she's so small she nearly dragged my arm out of its socket for the first mile but a bit of very fast walking and some running took a bit of the edge off her enthusiasm. Fortunately the lead is one of these extending ones so she could roam around for about 40 feet but this meant that she was off like a shot every time she saw a rabbit. She even flushed out a fox. we came across a couple of dead rabbits but she ignored them. She only seems interested in catching and killing live ones. She also has this unfortunate habit of wanting to pick up lumps of horse pooh so I have to keep a sharp eye on her. She loves water so I let her have five minutes runnnig up and down like mad in the ford - just making sure that she kept out of the way of any cars driving through. She looked like a drowned rat when she came out. By the time I got her home she was exhausted which pleased the lady who is looking after her. She is actually a very good dog in the house because she loves watching television but has a bad habit of changing the television channels.

I'll think we'll wait until it stops raining before we take her out.
    -----------------
    shiney

14. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning Gogs,
    I've got plenty to do indoors and must do the joy that is the 'weekly shop'-aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!! :mad: But I WANT TO BE OUTSIDE :( :( [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps if I say it loud enough, the Weather Gods will hear and make it brighten for the afternoon - 3hrs would do!! D'ya hear me weather gods - quit the rain!!!! :D :D