Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, put whiskys picture in my pet portraits for you [​IMG]

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney,Hope you have an enjoyable day in the big city and that you don't get flooded out with all this bad weather we are having :cool:

Hi Rosa,hope you are well.I have put the heating back on because it is that cold.It has now started raining again so that is it for the rest of the day.Enjoy yourself in all you do [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,I will go and have a look now,Ta :cool:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, thought you might want to see the photo against my water colour.
    looks like you are having the same weather as us have a great day anyway [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, have a nice day you must of typed in before reading my post [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thanks Rosa will do,though we have nothing planned because it is so wet.We went to Stratford upon Avon last Sunday and had a good day out though it was damp and there was squillions of people.I have just haerd on the news that it is flooded but not sure which part :eek:

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy guess we are going to get some rain again across the country more floods expected, its awful for people everything getting ruined and having to start all over again, just terrible :eek: :(

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    and no money coming from anywhere apart from the tax payers pockets again.I shall think before I dip in my pocket next time overseas countries want relief money.Charity has to begin at home

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy i quite agree with you we have enough disasters of our own in this country, anyway i always put money i our local lifeboat as its run purely by donations, they dont get any help from the government and all this dangerous work out in sea, they are volunteers themselves as they have their own jobs firefighters etc.local lads

10. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Kandy, I think it went OK and I really really want the job so I am keeping fingers and toes crossed. They said I will hear towards the end of next week. [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning diziblonde, do hope you get the job and good luck [​IMG]

12. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning (afternoon) Rosa and thankyou

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,226
    Evening folk. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, Dizi. [​IMG]

We had a lovely trip to Spain today. Having had a second worrying high-speed phone call from a guy at El Corte Ingles which we couldn't understand, we arrived for our order to be sitting at the cash register waiting for us! Then onward to the lighting department, where our order for the ceiling fixture was duly waiting. :eek: That's a bit like Portuguese service! Too quick for you to think about!

Got lots of other bargains as the department store is having an up to 50% off sale.

Wasn't so hot today either. Had our beach lunch then walked along the beach and back (well, part way as it's VERY long, Portuguese beach, that is) and I took lots of photos to go up tomorrow in Country Life.

Got caught up in a minor accident on the motorway on the way home. A medium sized delivery truck ran off onto the verge, hit a sign, careered across two lanes, hit the concrete barrier and skidded along on it's side. Don't know about injuries but possibly none. We were the car the cops stopped to allow the recovery vehicle out. Fortunately there were no vehicles / motorcycles following closely to be involved in the mishap.

I say motorcycles because it's the annual Algarve Motorcycle Club Meeting at Faro Island this weekend (a four day affair) and there are usually around 30,000 bikes attending from all over Europe and, boy, did we see some beauts on the road today. Joe Cocker is heading up the music festival.

So, hope you guys have had a good day and have a lovely evening and weekend.

PS Forgot to say, the ice making machine makes a tray of ice in 7-9-11 minutes (depending on the size you want), can make 18 kilos of ice a day, and costs 2c a hour to run. [​IMG]

[ 21. July 2007, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Lady of Leisure ]

14. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow sounds like an exciting day there LoL, better then sitting here watching the rain at any rate - thanks for sharing x

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, great day at tatton yesterday did rain on and off but well geared up for it, the organisation was superb all the staff very helpful, plenty to see only makes you wish your garden was bigger.
    Good luck Dizi keeping my fingers crossed for you [​IMG]