Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Walnut glad to hear you had a great day at Tatton and that the rain was favourable to you as well,and yes we sometimes we wish we had a bigger garden especially when we keep buying even more plants :D

LoL glad to hear that you escaped from what could have been a very nasty accident and that you got back safe and well.Your guardian Angel was looking after you that's for sure :cool:

Lovely photo's that you have put up as well,looks like a nice place altogether.No wonder lots of Brits are leaving here in their droves to go and live there :D

The sun is streaming through the window as I write this so up to yet it is a beautiful day.Have a good one everyone in all you do [​IMG]

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Morning Walnut,Kandy and everyone Have a lovely day and stay safe Out there. [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Woo,Hope you weren't up too late last night trying to get your project done [​IMG] :D

Have a great day yourself :cool:

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, kandy ,woo and everyone. pleased you had a great day walnut yesterday.
    have a lovely day everyone

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Morning everyone. [​IMG]

rosa, you were right, I must have been typing when your posting came on.

I hope everyone had a good day yesyerday. We had a good time in London. It only rained a little bit but the traffic wasn't as heavy as usual so I suppose a lot of people thought it might be bad and didn't bother to go out. We wandered round the West End for a bit and it was quite sunny and warm.

We and our friends had a nice lunch and then went to see a show. It was very good and was called "Avenue Q". I hadn't heard of it before but it was a musical comedy and a sort of puppet show. It has been on Broadway for a year or two and is most definitely non-PC.

Have a great day

6. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,227
    Good morning one and all.

We start the marathon of findings our belongings and putting them back where they belong. That is, after I wash the bathrooms down from ceiling to floor yet again ... the grout residue never seems to go away.

By saying the above, I'm not saying the plumbers are finished ... they are back tomorrow to finish the door frame on the main bathroom, then, hopefully ... I never have to see them again.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to all of you and that you will have a pleasant Sunday.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and LoL, sounds like you had a great time in london yesterday shiney, havnt been to london for a while, my trip there wasnt excactly great standing in a quewe early morning for hours at the indian visa place, dont fancy that again.
    LoL thats great news the work just about finished want to see pics mind.
    have a great day

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to me and the three guests that are looking in,hope you are all well have a great day everyone [​IMG]

Shiney glad to hear that your day went ok in up London.I have never heard of the show Avenue Q that you went to see and as I don't like puppet things{Punch & Judy} I think I would have given it a miss :rolleyes: :D

Glad to hear though that the traffic congestion was at a minimum,I don't think my lungs would like all that pollution,nearly as bad as Mr Kandy's pipe smoking cough cough :eek: :D

LoL,hope you managed to find all your stuff after all the building work that has been going on.At least it is nearly finished and you can return to normal...

Rosa,I take it you wasn't keen on standing for hours in a queue for hours at the Visa place.Will you need Visas again when you go this Xmas?If you do try to get them earlier this time.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Kandy hope the morning is less grey for you than us,just come in after touring the wet garden to see what flowers have opened overnight,it's alovely time of day very peacefull before the every day noises start, have a good safe day one and all.

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Walnut,now I have finished on here for the time being I shall now go on my daily snail hunt and see how many mre of those critters I can find to feed the recycling bin :D Have a good day yourself

11. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning Kandy and walnut and everyone else that will be on here.

It's another busy day today. I have a meeting here soon. We have been organising bridge lessons in schools and it is becoming so popular that there are more schools interested than I can find volunteers to teach.

Kandy, the puppets were very good. It was a proper stage set and the puppets were very similar to the Muppets and Sesame Street. The actors were all on stage acting as if they were in a normal play (or musical) but they had their puppets on their arms. It was done so well that after the first 10 minutes we were just looking at the puppets and not the people operating them because they had become real characters.

Hope you get rid of a lot of snails. Mrs Shiney is out on slug patrol.

Have a great day everyone [​IMG]

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,227
    Morning Kandy, walnut and shiney ... and rosa wherever you may be.

It started off quite grey here but the sun is out now. Have done all the watering of pots, of which I have too many.

Plumbers haven't shown up yet so may not be rid of them as quickly as anticipated. We did take the dust sheets off the sofa and TV yesterday to watch the F1.

I shall be off soon to get out for a few hours.

Enjoy whatever you may do today and hope you have some dry spells!

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon walnut, kandy, woo, shiney, LoL and everyone.
    Been busy this morning had to get to the shops for my daughters birthday present and had to package them up and send them.
    its a little dull here but the main thing its dry and quite warm.
    have a great rest of the day

14. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning or afternoon :D Everyone sorry I am a bit behind today I have been projecting before the rain comes.Stay safe all of you. :D [​IMG]

15. cajary

cajary Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Afternoon all. I was up relatively early this morning because we had our G-son last night. Hasn't stopped raining all morning, reckon I'm going to get a bit damp going to work later. All the best for the day