Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,553
    It's not very bright out at the moment :D

See you later. [​IMG]

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Shiney what are you doing up at that time no wonder its not very bright :D mind you having said that it was 12:50am when I went to bed,less bed the more you can get done, take care everone.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney and Walnut,

It has just taken me 18 minutes to get to this stage,this stupid computer.I tried logging in but all I got was the hour glass and nothing else then it said it was done,though it wasn't so I had to turn it off and start again.What a waste of 18 minutes I could have been out on my bike :mad:

If you two did more during the day then you would have to be in bed at ten like me.It is easier for you men as you don't have the household chores to do like us women or else you pay people to do it for you :D :D Anyway,I get up early so I can cram as much as I can into the day before I go back to bed this evening.It is too nice a day to spend it asleep :D

Have a great day everyone in all you do :cool:

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,553
    Morning walnut and Kandy.

walnut,
    Do you think Kandy is getting at us men? [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kandy,
    I had a busy day yesterday. It is hard work sitting on my backside talking to people or looking at a computer. :D
    Actually, apart from my meetings I did manage to do some cleaning, ironing and cooking.

It looks as though it is going to be a lovely day so I hope everyone enjoys it whilst they can.

Have a great day [​IMG]

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Shiney.Oh no Shiney I would never get on to you as you might withdraw your advice as to the best walking up in the Lake District and then we would have to resort to the books [​IMG] :D

Nice to see Mrs Shiney has got you well house trained in the art of cleaning,ironing and cooking :D :D Mr Kandy isn't interested in any women's jobs in the house but would rather be doing DIY which he is good at or up to his ears in engine oil,useless with money though :rolleyes: :D

Have a great day assembling those cupboards and no swearing [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, shiney, kandy and everyone, its beautiful out here this morning nice and sunny blue skies.
    by shiney was up early i was just going to my bed about then :D :D
    enjoy your day whatever your plans [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,227
    Good morning all. I've had a nice lie in this morning as I've a very busy day / week / month ahead.

What do you guys / gals do in all these waking hours you have?

Hope the weather starts improving for you all.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning LoL, we are planning on going to newcastle races on saturday will take my camera iff the weather stays nice

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hey Kandy, like Shiney I am a slave to housework it's easy don't know why you girls fuss about, the only thing I hate doing is shopping this is one thing that confirms to me that women are wired up differently how anyone enjoys it is beyond me,now where's that iron? [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning everyone I trust that you are all well and feeling good Have a great day. [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Woo and Walnut.I am late this morning and just can't get going.Perhaps it is because I am cold brrrr :rolleyes:

Walnut glad to hear Mrs Walnut has got you trained as well in the art of housework.It is no joke when woman have to work full time,bring up kids and do all the household chores while the men sleep on the settee all night.And they are all payed lower wages than the men for doing the same job,bring back equality that is what I say
    [​IMG] :D

Have a nice day everyone :cool:

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,553
    Morning walnut, woo and Kandy.

walnut, I don't know about enjoying it but I do most of the shopping. I don't mind doing it because I have it all organised in my head and and just go and get what I want. I don't go shopping with Mrs shiney because I can't stand window shopping. :D

Kandy,
    equality? I always thought you women were better than us [​IMG] :D

Have a great day [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, kandy and shiney and everyone.
    I get fed up food shopping and housework but there is no one else to do it, mind i dont work.
    When i had my children when they were little i did do shopping, housework and held a full time job in our business it was hard work dont think i could do that now.
    there should be a wage for housewives and kandy your right there is not equal pay in a lot of proffessions.
    have a great day

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,227
    Morning walnut,woo, Kandy, shiney and rosa.

walnut, you can come slave with my housework any time you want to. [​IMG] It's quite easy as it's all ceramic floors and I don't wear clothes that need ironing! :D I'll then just send t'other half out to do the shopping as I can't stand that. :eek: What will I do, do I hear you ask? The garden, of course, and I love cooking! [​IMG]

Must say, I got equal pay toward the end of my career, along with a car. However, although I never had children to care for, a high-flying job, sometimes on the road, maintaining a home and garden was more like double time, and that didn't include the two years I did extra manual work nearly every evening and weekend ... but my garden was often compared to Kew! [​IMG]

So, off I am into the garden shortly before the heat of the day hits to get it looking purty again it the places that got sadly and badly neglected.

Enjoy all you do today, folk.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,553
    Good morning.

There is only Oogie and four guests on here and I'm just going off too.

Have a lovely day and I'll see you later [​IMG]