Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney,woo, walnut, kandy and everyone.
    have a great day in the city shiney, I,m going shopping later looking for beach wear for my hols in december, spending my birthday money.
    have a great day

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa, and Shiney again wherever you are.I have just got back home from doing five miles on my bike so I feel warm now :D

We might be going out this morning to the shops which will please Mr Kandy because I can't decide what to have for my Birthday next week :cool: I fancy a new camera because I have had this one eighteen months so would like a better one but they all look very complicated to me :D

They have just given it out on the TV that Foot and Mouth has been found on a farm in Wanborough in Surrey.Sixty cows infected and have to be destroyed.I just hope it doesn't spread again [​IMG]

3. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,240
    Morning shiney, woo, walnut, kandy and rosa.

Enjoy the outing, shiney ... I wouldn't be able to cope with the crowds.

Sorry, walnut, the sun was obviously missing me as it came back ... it's almost 30 now. I'll try to boomerang it back to you. [​IMG]

Good on you, Kandy, due to the heat our bikes have only seen the light of day when they are removed from the shed to get something behind them ... which has actually been a lot lately with the box shifting etc. :(

Hope you find something nice and sexy for your hols, rosa! [​IMG]

I've got more unpacking to do :eek: as the entire contents from the house barring kitchen was packed up for the works plus there was the vanload of boxes from the IoW that have been patiently awaiting unpacking ... most of them have gone into our new loft unpacked! :D

I also have to make a Mexican Cornbread for tomorrow as our friends are coming over for a Jambalaya lunch.

Enjoy all you do and hope some of you have good weather.

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all, Lol the heat is no excuse for not going on your bike, take plenty of fluids with you good head gear and get out there, I love the heat and have cycled in mexico and australia in some pretty fierce temperatures have cycled in the worst cold weather through deep snow and frost that has frozen -------here I go again i'll shut up now and let you all get on with your day, have a safe one everybody

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Top of the morning Walnut and everyone else,Its a simply cracking day I love rising early Its the best part of the day.I don,t want to miss out on any part of It.Stay safe and enjoy. [​IMG]

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good day Walnut Woo and all posters.It is a beautiful day out there and I can here the doves cooing their love song,and apart from that it is so peaceful.One of the joys of living out in the sticks, that is until the airplanes,helicpopters,microlites and cars wake up,oh and the barking dogs and whining kids screaming their heads off and the car and house alarms going off :eek:

Walnut I did 5.41 and 8.26 miles yesterday so I am well pleased with myself.I think my skin wouldn't stand all that heat :eek:

I rode a moped to and from work fo 18 years in all weathers,and in the winter,I often got into work looking like a snowman when we had those horrible frost's that clung to my waterproofs,then it would take all morning to thaw out brrrr.Never again :rolleyes:

Have a nice day everyone in all you do.We have a 21st Birthday party to go to this afternoon so we will be hot in all this heat.....

[ 05. August 2007, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo,walnut, kandy and everyone.
    looks nice out here this morning woke up to nice pink skies.
    Dont think i could ride a bike hard work up them hills, can remember years ago i had a racing bike and we went to the pub and on the way home late in the dark, going merrily along and i hit a pot hole and went flying it hurt :D :D dont think i ever went back on that bike especially to the pub, I let my other half at the time go on his bike and i got taxis, learnt my lesson.
    Anyway have a great day

8. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,558
    Good morning walnut, woo, Kandy, rosa and everyone,

walnut, I think I must be a wimp because strenuous exercise and hot weather don't go together in my world :D . I've been through five different deserts (and walked a lot in them) but only because I wanted to see things there and for the exercise. The same thing goes for the jungles and rainforests I've been in.

woo, I agree that early morning in the sun is one of the best parts of the day. Evenings in the sun are also good. [​IMG]

Kandy, have a very happy birthday next week. I see you are getting fit for next month. I won't start that until Aimee gets here [​IMG] . Enjoy your rave up this afternoon. [​IMG]

rosa, I hope you enjoyed your shopping yesterday.

We had a really good time at the Gallery, and London, yesterday despite the crowds. We are off now to Hatfield Forest for a walk and picnic with a group of friends.

Have a great day :D

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and Shiney,just got back from our usual Sunday walk round the village and I did 5.41 miles on my bike before breakfast so I am well chuffed. :D

Rosa,I have done that when we had our racing bikes and eneded up in the ditch which Mr Kandy thought highly amusing,but then he would :rolleyes:

Shiney glad to here you didn't get killed by all those people down there.We would love to go back to London to spend the day at the Natural History Museum and the Waxworks but couldn't face all those people squashing us and the long queues :eek:

Enjoy your day in Hatfield forest with your friends,and mind those wood 'ants'they can't half bite or is that the red ants that do that :rolleyes:

Enjoy your day :cool:

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,240
    Good morning one and all.

To quote shiney ..."walnut, I think I must be a wimp because strenuous exercise and hot weather don't go together in my world :D ". Ditto, especially since I only got the bike last year and had never ridden one before so at my tender age I don't fancy a heart attack! :eek:

Busy day ahead ... got the cornbread made yesterday and will soon start on the Jambalaya.

It's 27 and overcast so at least we won't fry eating outdoors! :D

Have a lovely day everyone.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, kandy again and LoL.
    shiney had a lovely spend going out today to see what other bargains are to be had, pleased you had a nice time yesterday.
    kandy i can remember when you did that, I laughed at the time as it was funny the way you came out with it :D its not nice though it really hurts, i still to this day have a little smile about my fall, full of drink didnt know what had hit me. :D
    enjoy your cooking LoL jambalaya havnt had that for yesrs yum yum.
    have a lovely day [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everyone,LoL never too late to get on that bike,I was on my treader yesterday some older guy was walking along with his bike I asked if he was ok he said he was fine then he told me his life history,he was 67 been sat at home mopsing for 6 months decided he would dig his bike out because it was a nice day and try a ride, he was sensibly taking it easy to start but intends to do a little every day this is despite having angina a stoke and a replacement knee, said he was trying to get his wife interested but she was unsure of herself I advised an excercise bike to get her started so its never to late in comparison you are only a kid,getting older is a mental thing more than anything.
    Kandy I am really pleased for you you are doing great and I am sure you are feeling all the better for it.
    Shiney have you not thought about writing a book about your experiences, I bet there ae some terrific stories with all those adventures.
    Rosa falling off is one of those things I still fall off I fell off in February (icy road) took about 1" out of my eyebrow claret everywhere finished my ride called in the a&e and they glued it all back together back out the next day. [​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Walnut and everyone,It is dull here at the moment so it looks like it will rain soon.

Had an enjoyable afternoon and evening at the party,though it was very hot and the thunderflies kept nibbling us when we sat outside.I was starting to think I had head pets :eek: Didn't sleep last night because of the heat and I am now sitting here shattered :rolleyes:

I do hope you all had an enjoyable day in the forest with friends,eating Jambalaya,shopping,projecting and everything else you were all doing yesterday. :D

Walnut,lovely story about that gentleman,yes it is never too old to start with bikes.I have always liked cycling and this new village of ours has some nice cycle paths built into it so I don't have to go out onto the road if I don't want to,and I am starting to feel better,cough cough splutter [​IMG] :D

Enjoy your day eveyone :cool:

[ 06. August 2007, 07:10 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut , kandy and everyone.
    good on that guy for gettig his bike out, see quite a lot of people out on bikes.
    its dull here so looks like the farne islands are off today see what its like a bit later on.
    have a nice day all

15. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,558
    Good morning walnut, Kandy and rosa

walnut,
    I am much too busy to write about my visits to out of the way places. It is quite difficult, for me anyway, to write in such a way as to make things interesting. I found it hard enough to write the three guide books I have already done [​IMG] :D

We had a good time yesterday but it was a bit too hot in the sun for walking. We managed to do half of our walking in the shade of the trees and with the breeze that was blowing it was glorious. The temperature must have hit 30. We all went back to some friends afterwards and sat in the shade of some trees on the banks of the river and chatted and [​IMG]

Today it is quite cloudy. Our builders say that they will finish today but I won't hold my breathe.

Have a great day :D