Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,241
    Morning one and all.

I have "found" my step exerciser in all the chaos, walnut, so I will start that again but I will not cycle in the heat. I'm already planning what to spend my soon-to-be-received pension on ... at last after giving to the Governments (UK and US) for so many years, I'll be getting something back, quite good amounts as well! :D

It's a pleasant 25 but overcast. Yesterday turned out sunny and 32 degrees and our luncheon was very nice.

More boxes to unpack today and homes to be found for the contents but we're getting there. Have another carload ready for the charity shop so may take that today.

Enjoy one and all!

2. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning everyone I am Just taking a tea break from my bricklaying Which I decided to start at first light this morning.All have a safe and good day.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all good on you woo nearly there now,LoL to quote lady bracknell "riches beyond the dreams of avarice" you will not know what to do with all that money,(maybe buy more plants) can't believe you are joining the pension set, my good lady joined 2 months ago,I am now married to a pensioner and I tease her about this,everyone have a good day.

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls!
    Could not sleep so I'm up early today and gonna start in the garden before it gets hot later, have a nice day.
    Helen.xxx.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Walnut, Woo and HD,nice to see you on here Helen :D It is a lovely day here at the moment and I hope it carries on for the rest of the day. [​IMG]

Walnut I managed 14 miles on my bike yesterday,though that was over three trips out.

By the time I retire the state pension won't be worth anything and I couldn't afford to be in work's pensions as having a roof over our heads was more of a priority than paying into a company pension, though Mr Kandy has a small one to come from the company he now works with.

I feel sorry for all those people that paid into them for over 40 years just to be told at 65 that there won't be any money in the pot because of the company's misuse of the funds :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone in all you do :cool:

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning walnut, HD, kandy and everyone.
    The weather is fab here this morning going to head up to seahouses hours drive from me then book trip to the farne islands got my camera with me so hoping i get some nice pics.
    have a lovely day all

7. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Good morning Walnut,Helen, Kandy ,Rosa and everyone else all have a glorious day and stay safe. [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning woo have a great day [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,558
    Good morning everyone.

It's another lovely day and the birds are singing loudly. I shall do a little tidying up in the garden before it gets too hot - maybe even mow.

Have a great day :D

10. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,241
    Good morning, one and all, and welcome to the morning chat room, Helen!

walnut, t'other half has a countdown on his computer for my "big day". :rolleyes: Although he's on an early retirement pension, he's younger than me :D and so has a long way to go to get his State one. He's not eligible for an American pension (even though he's American ... it has to do with how many credits you earned) but apparently he is entitled to a small pension because I am entitled to one ?????

Kandy, isn't all that sitting on a cycle seat playing havoc with your discs/spine?

shiney, you don't say if the builders bid farewell yesterday.

Having been 32 yesterday we went down to 20 last night but it was quite gusty and I had to put something on my shoulders and t'other half put a sweatshirt on! :eek: It's a very pleasant 22 now with a breeze.

Must go out and water the pots ... enjoy all you do! [​IMG]

11. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all, it's a lovely day here as Kandy has already confirmed. I woke up this morning with a migrane :( , which is always a lovely start to the day, I am hoping it will shift so I can get out in the garden.

LoL, tell hubby he is a very naughty boy and smack him on the wrist from me, I hope you are going to get your revenge when it's his turn!! :D

12. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,689
    Morning everyone What a night the storms lasted well into the night I thought I would share this photo with you all which I have just taken.All have a good and safe day.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Good shot woo when you try to take a picture of a sunrise you find how difficult it is to actualy see the horizon, ther's always hills or trees in the way I suppose you would have to be at sea to get the perfect shot.Have a safe day one and all.

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Woo been looking at that shot again there are two suns you can get a phenomena known as a sundog it's a reflection of the sun on the clouds but it looks too perfect I'm wondering if its possibly a reflection on the lense, methinks maybe dorset mike could answer this one he's a photography expert. [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Everyone,hope you are all well,not like me I was up four times in the night having to rush to the loo feeling quite ill.The third time I was bringing up blood,now I have such a sore throat,I cannot speak or swallow anything,even drinking water is murder.I think I have picked up some sort of bug and will perhaps have to ring the Doctor when he wakes up.Just what I need before tomorrow,ah well...

Hope you all enjoy your day in all you do.I am just going back to bed as I feel sooo cold :(