Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Walnut and Woo and everyone,I am a bit late this morning but got here in the end.

No rain here yet but it is dark and there is a breeze out there.

Have a good day everyone in all you do :cool:

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut,woo,kandy and everyone.
    went out yesterday so i missed everyone had a great day out.
    have a lovely day

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,558
    Good morning everyone
    It has been raining fairly heavily for the last couple of hours. We're pleased about it because our garden has been cracking up because of lack of water. We transplanted a lot of plants earlier this year so it has meant a lot of hand watering - and I need more hands :D . It has just started coming down even harder. I hope no one gets flooded [​IMG]

Have a good day in all you do :D

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney and Rosa,Rosa did you go anywhere nice yesterday?I was wondering how you were and that you hadn't caught this horrible sickness bug.

Shiney,our garden is the same with cracks starting to be seen in the borders and on the lawn again :rolleyes: Our heavy rain has just started at 7.45am and it is now even heavier along with the wind :(

Hope you both have a very good day [​IMG]

5. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,558
    Kandy, I hope you are feeling better. We've just got the rain but no wind yet. Even though it is daylight Mrs shiney is just going out on slug patrol as it is raining.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,just sitting here eating my toast.The silly smoke alarm went off again,so I told it to shut up like I always do but it never listens.I have to stand on the bottom of the stairs with a long wooden spoon and hit the button just to have some peace.When we had the dog she used to howl at it so they both did my head in [​IMG] :D

I am ok Thankou,last day of Antibiotics then it is back to the Dr's tomorrow with yet another water sample to see what has been found.Hopefully that will be ok,until I go again on Monday for my annual Thyroid,Cholesterol and Diabetes fasting bloodtest and hopefully all of those will be ok [​IMG]

Good luck with Mrs Shiney on her slug patrol,mine are slowing down now :D

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,241
    Good morning woo, walnut, Kandy, rosa and shiney. [​IMG]

Sounds like I'll have to be sending you all my sunshine yet again as it's a beautiful morning here with 21 degrees and a slight breeze. We went to 28 yesterday so it's all been very pleasant.

We're still trying to sort ourselves out after the works. As virtually everything had to be boxed up, it's a real eye opener as to what one hoards in one's life so it's giving us an opportunity to have a clearing out spree. The house/cat sitters will have to put up with a minimal amount of unheaval however.

Enjoy all your indoor activities today! :(

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL,its pouring here now miserable, yes have a little portugal weather would be very nice indeed.
    o/h is away today working in malabo, africa off-shore for 4 weeks.
    have a great day

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,558
    Kandy, Mrs shiney collected 100 slugs before she gave up in disgust. :eek:

LoL, a few years ago we had some work done inside the house and had to box things up to clear some rooms. We discovered things we couldn't even remember buying :confused: . We eventually took 21 big black bin bags (nice alliteration [​IMG] ) to the dump but still couldn't find enough space to put things when we unpacked the boxes [​IMG] :D [​IMG]

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Shiney you have given me a good idea when you said you sent your good lady out on slug patrol this would be a good job for my m-in-l it may put her off visiting, that woman would mither a nest of rats,have a safe day one and all.

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Walnut,you do make me smile.I think we have all had MIL's that could mither a nest of rats.It is funny how thay are towards the people who their children marry,though saying that my widowed mum and my bothers and sisters always treated Mr Kandy like one of the family which was nice for him,so there are some good ones out there. :cool:

Shiney,glad to see you have got Mrs Shiney trained in the art of slug collecting,but slug pellets would do the job even quicker.

Good morning everyone,hope you all have a great day in all you do.The sun is shining,though it is wet out there.Hope you all have a great day in all you do. [​IMG]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, kandy and everyone.
    well the weather has certainly changed now these past 2 days wet and miserable went to bed last night it was raining and got up this morning to rain, feels quite warm mind that the main thing.
    going to start my painting this morning.
    have a great day everyone [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,558
    Good morning walnut, Kandy and rosa - and everyone

walnut, :D

Kandy, we are not keen on using slug pellets but have used them around the veggies. With the large amount of slugs that we get the mess that the pellets make of the slugs (slime everywhere) would be awful. Mrs shiney puts them in a plastic bag and takes them to the council bins in the nearest town. She is beginning to think that all the other slugs have heard that their friends are being taken on a holiday so they all come into our garden from the neighbours because they want to go as well. After having taken 100 in the morning she got another 75 in the evening. :eek:

Have a great day :D

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,241
    Good morning walnut, Kandy, rosa and shiney. It's a lovely day here as usual! [​IMG]

I think you folk are unkind to M-in-Ls ... I adored mine and she me, although it took her several years to come around to liking me because I was the other older woman taking her baby away. :rolleyes: I also adored my F-in-L ... he liked me from day dot! :D My Sis is a wonderful M-in-L. Unfortunately, t'other half and B-in-L never had a M-in-L but she would have been a fantastic one, and more unfortunately no one will ever have the joy of having me as one! [​IMG]

Enjoy all you do today. [​IMG]

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon LoL, my M-in L hates me she wants nothing to do with me, it started when o/h and i fell out and the family turned against me, so i hate her to and the rest of his nasty family :D :D
    both of us get on with our own life she said to him iff he has anything more to do with me she wants nothing to do with him, how can anyone be like that about their son, mind boggles.
    anyway we took her advice and get on with it, thats my point of view aired about M-in-laws you have been very lucky to get a nice one [​IMG]