Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all already spent a wonderful hour in the garden and hope to do some more later on....maybe not at dinner time though a little too hot yesterday, burning flesh does not look attractive!
    Helen.xxx.

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,244
    Good morning walnut, Kandy and Helen.

It's a clear sky, 22 degrees and fresh feeling this morning after the rains. It all cleared by late afternoon unfortunately ... the ground could have done with a bit more. But, we're grateful for small favours, especially in August.

The planes were coming in fast and furious yesterday (sometimes we can see them banking into Faro) through the thunder and lightning and I felt so sad for the folk aboard. However, they will have had a lovely evening and the future is bright ... [​IMG]

May take Isabel for blast up the motorway then a lovely meander through the mountains later. [​IMG]

Enjoy all you do.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,567
    Good morning everyone.

Wow! It turned out hot yesterday. We never made it to London as our friends that we were meeting phoned just as we were about to leave and said that their father had been taken to hospital. We invited them to come over in the evening if everything turned out OK.

I then took the opportunity to get some gardening done. The grass really needed cutting but the ground was still too wet and soggy. So I pottered around edging the lawn and tidying up. After lunch the lawns had dried up well enough to mow and I spent two and a half hours mowing until Mrs shiney made me stop because of the heat. Apparently I was beginning to look like a lobster :eek: :D . I stood in a cold shower for a while and I felt OK until I saw I was covered in bites.

Our friends' father is not too bad so they came over and we spent a very pleasant evening in our garden room.

After a misty start this morning it has turned out nice and sunny.

Have a great day :D

4. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everybody,as soon as it gets lighter I will burn some rubber then spend the rest of the day at home (gardening of course) best place to be on a bank holiday, have a safe day everyone.

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,692
    Good morning Walnut and everyone else Have a good day and be safe.

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Walnut,Woo and others to come hope you all have a wonderful bank holiday.
    Nothing could be better than spending it in the garden just a pity you can't mow the lawn so early in the morning :D
    Helen.xxx.

7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all.Had a lovely day yesterday in the sun.Managed to get the lawns mown and Mr Kandy edged them so they look nice and neat and we did a lot of tidying up of the borders. :cool:

The sun is shining again today so it will be nice again me thinks [​IMG]

Hope you all have a great bank holiday :D

8. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,244
    Morning walnut, woo, Helen and Kandy. Happy Bank Holiday Monday to you all. I don't celebrate BHs any more, not since I "retired" as every day is a holiday, although I do keep weekends separate from weekdays. :rolleyes:

It's 23 and there doesn't appear to be a breeze today .... hmmmmm.

The garden is recovering nicely from all the building works. A couple of the large shrubs, notably Rosemary and Euryops still look sad as I had to really massacre them. Had to give the Brug and Cestrum some iron yesterday as they have both been having bad yellow-leaf days but the Cestrum continues to bloom non-stop and the Brug has another flush of budlets. [​IMG]

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,567
    Good morning everyone,
    Another lovely day. I've just scrubbed and disinfected the bird feeders and the birds seemed to appreciate it [​IMG] .

We're off to the chilli festival at Bennington Lordship today. I've never been there before but I understand that the gardens are quite nice. It is only their second year for the chilli festival so it may not be too big. I'll let you know how it went - maybe some pictures too.

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,692
    Good morning Everyone you all have a lovely day and stay safe. [​IMG]

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo and later risers, had a good gardening day yesterday prepared some seeds for planting I will be growing them on through winter, seems strange putting the propagator on at this time of year but with some of the night temperatures falling to 8c as it did last week i'm not taking any chances, have a safe day everyone.

12. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo,Walnut and everyone else when they wake up.

It was another glorious day yesterday,though it was cool in the wind.Went over to the allotment and we dug up the last of our spuds which have turned out better than we thought and then Mr Kandy got the ladder out and picked all the plums,Victoria and Margery's Seedling.Looks like we shall have to find room for them in the fridge :eek:

In the afternoon we went over to Harlestone Firs a forest/wood where I used to play and ride horses when I was a youngster.Had an enjoyable walk round there and met a couple of ladies with a little Yorkie called Alfie who posed for a photo :D

Went into the local garden centre to use the loos and to buy and ice cream and they already have the Xmas Cards in and it is still only August.I do wish they would get a life.It is far too early :rolleyes:

Hope you all had a great weekend,though I think it went too fast.Have a good day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

13. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo,Walnut,Kandy and all!
    Had a wonderful bank holiday went to a carboot with Bob and got some lovely plants at a bargain price,spent the rest of the day in the garden nothing gets better than that, gotta enjoy this lovely weather while it lasts! :D
    Helen.xxx.

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,567
    Good morning everyone,
    It looks like it will be another good day [​IMG]

We had a good time at the chilli festival and went there with our niece and nephew - also chilli fans.

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,244
    Morning woo, walnut, Kandy, Helen, shiney, Uncle Tom Cobbler and all ...

Sounds like you all had a nice Bank Holiday ... Kandy, I got quite worn out reading about your activities! We went out to get some bits and pieces then I cut the Lantana back as it grows very fast and was encroaching on the dining patio. I was lazy the rest of the afternoon and read sitting in the shade ... not that it was a Bank Holiday here!

Enjoy whatever you may be doing today. [​IMG]