Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Nothing organised with them really rosa, but we may go to a local outdoor play place, babes to adults age range....!! :D :D Will have to see what the weather is going to do too. Doesn't look all that promising here at the moment..! :( When they plumb your washing machine in make sure they do the connections to the water up tight...!!! So often they don't & you get water dripping constantly, albeit slowly, but it is water.....!!! They didn't do ours up really tight & it dripped away for a few months... Made a terrible mess..!!! :eek: Happy washing, May the wind blow it dry.... [​IMG] Have a good day!! [​IMG]

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi marley, what ever you end up doing enjoy, very windy here also looks as if its going to pour down.
    the hubby had to put a new connector on and i think he is going to do it as currys just deliver he is a pipe-fitter so it should be ok.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Oooh sorry..!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] No problems there then rosa....!! :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    marley there shouldnt be :D :D

5. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Good Morning you guys,i see everyone is gonna be busy in one way or another.Weather has settled a bit here but it is nowt special.

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning gogs,the washing machine hasnt arrived yet arriving anytime up till 1 lunchtime then i will be fairly busy, have you got anything planned for today

7. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Morning, early birds! Not sure what I'll do today, finish re-organising my computer, just a little more to do. Have to pop out to check the postbox today, always do on a Monday and Thursday and in between if we happen to be passing! Not expecting anything but have to send some post.

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, not doing much myself at the moment waiting for comet arriving, i said currys before do get them two muddled up.
    want to make the breakfast but it will just be the thing iff i make it they will arrive, typical :D then as soon as the washing machine gets put in can get my washing done

9. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Delivery over here is far more efficient than there, often same day! When we bought our futon, the chap followed us from the shop to our house, then and there!

Attitudes to customers is different. Our bank manager always greets us, along with everyone else in the bank ... in their own language (Portuguese, English, German, Dutch) and shakes your hand! [​IMG] We said, just like Barclays! :D :D :D We have three or four of those here as well!

Yuk, they are spraying the orchards next to us, horrible smell, so now I'll get more aphids. Magic Sam is out .. don't like them to be out when they're doing that! They haven't picked last year's fruit, this year's is green so heaven knows why they are spraying! :confused:

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    delivery isnt to clever here it took us 10 weeks to get out leather seetee, chair it came from italy, iff you buy anything from currys, comet, asda anywere you atr talking at least 4 day wait.
    i can smell it from here is magic sam back indoors, how the babies are they aggrivating magic sam.
    just had a call from comet they will be here within an hour.

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone.Hope you are well.Woke up early this morning and rushed out to take some photos of the sunrise before it got too bright.

I have been busy this morning doing the usual boring stuff like housework.I try to do it every couple of days,to keep on top of it,though with my tribe,Me, Husband,Dog and two cats thats pretty difficult.

Rosa,did everything go ok with the new washing machine?I see you were waiting for it too arrive.

LOL.Hope you are fine as well over in sunny Portugal.I like the cutomer service you have over there,it is a pity the Brits cannot be the same when dealing with their customers,after all we are their bread and butter.
    It is a pain though LOL when the spraying goes on.It happens in our village though the farmer does inform the householders that are near his fields when he is about to spray his deadly concoction

Kandy

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,466
    Good afternoon, Kandy! We find that businesses bend over backwards to assist. Occasionally you get a "don't care" type in a major chain shop (Vobis is bad, do you have Vobis there, computer stuff?). Our mechanic of several years just packed up his business to do other things and in July he (well, one of his mechanics) serviced our car and took it for it's MoT two weeks AFTER the business had closed because they had done it for us in the past!

Having just said above they haven't picked the oranges yet, we went out to the Post Office in the village 6kms away and what were they doing in the orchard ?? you've got it ... picking the oranges! Why spray and then immediately pick? :confused:

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    LOL I am glad I am not going to be eating any of those Oranges,though they are probably destined for the British supermarkets.I shall check the labels,though I peel them before I eat them anyway,but the residue from the spray will still be on the skins.
    They are determined to kill us off one way or tother.

I was just saying that Shiney has disappered,do you think he has gone on holiday without saying Good bye to all his Suger babes?

Perhaps he has seen there is a new kid on the block

Kandy

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon kandy,
    washing machine has arrived and have my first wash must have put it on the wrong setting its been going for over an hour, will have to check instructions again.
    got my digi going to charge the battery and guess what didnt realize will have to buy a disc is that what they are called dont come with the camera, will go to tesco for one tommorow, then the skys the limit will be able to get out and take some pics then upload them onto gc at long last

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    ps think your right kandy shiney will be away unless he is hiding with the guests :D :D