Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,253
    Good morning woo, walnut, shiney, Helen and rosa.

Enjoy your lunch, woo, and your walk, shiney.

Haven't decided where or how I want the new line, Helen, perhaps on the kitchen patio where the old lines are. T'other half suggested in a triangular fashion as it's 15 metres long. I only wash every other day ... clothes / linen, that is! :D Couldn't be looking at it daily, even though it's dry almost before you hang it out, and I only use the tumble drier in wet weather which obviously means it's not used frequently, sadly. :(

Have a good day one and all.

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, LoL maybe an idea to put your washing line in your neighbours garden then you don't have to look at it :D have a safe day everybody.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,567
    Good morning walnut and everyone,
    LoL, think vertical [​IMG] ;) .
    You could always get a flag pole and hoist the washing up that. Then the washing would be out of sight as long as you didn't look up that high :D [​IMG]

It's pretty dismal out there at the moment but it will brighten up soon.

Have a great day :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut and everyone, lovely sunny morning out there, nothing much planned, got garage arriving to fit a new cd in my car be able to play my music at last.
    have a great day in all you do [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut,Shine,Rosa, Lady and others to follow.

I'm not up this late guys honest I'ave been working away on the net for a couple of hours now...REALLY [​IMG]

Lady you are so lucky to hang your washing out and it to be dried in minutes....I bet you're running backwards and forwards hanging it out and bringing it back in before you even get to the end of the line :D
    Shame we have to have washing lines really as they do spoil the garden's view.

Gonna get Bob to pop mine up later...he doesn't trust me with the drill...don't know why!!! [​IMG]
    Have a nice day people.
    Helen.xxx.

6. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,253
    Morning early folk.

walnut, it's only orange orchards around me and I'd have to clamber over a stone wall. Like your idea, shiney ... I'd just have to not go up on the deck while it was out. :D

T'other half put the Aussie shade sail up for Isabel yesterday but has some adjustments to make today. Will put pics up in Meet Isabel. [​IMG]

Going to make my Tesco shopping list out today ... there's an English shop in our nearby town who orders for you if they don't have it in stock. Takes a week which isn't bad. Sad, isn't it, but there's just some things you can't live without ... corned beef (virtually impossible to get here and a favourite with me), Marmite, Bovril, etc. You can get Bisto, horseradish sauce and the like in most of the normal grocery stores.

Must go into the recipe section ... just thought of something.

Have a nice day everyone.

7. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    hi LoL, I also like marmite (in small quantities)and gravy, but I can live without them at anytime !

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all, LoL by gum its a while since I had corned beef hash, there are 2 types the uk and the us type over in the us they actualy use beef off corn fed cows in the uk its just beef preserved in salt or brine, just thought I would mention it, have a good safe day everyone.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all I'm a little bit early this morning as you can see!

Had a very busy day yesterday and a bit of a celebration as well ..if you can call it that! we finally got our "big" car back from the garage after only having it for a couple of weeks of which we brought way back in March (I kid you not).

It's had a new turbo unit which took 2 months to find out the problem and fit,new thermostat 2 weeks to fit because the garage broken it replacing the timing belt, new timing belt took them 2 weeks to fit because they fitted the wrong one, new engine 2 months to fit!

You might imagine that the garage is a little back street one or that the car only cost a couple of hundred quid but in fact the garage is a main dealer chain (Stoneacre)and the car cost 4 thousand...I know to some 4 thousand isn't a lot of money but I would say it is when it's your cash you're handing over not finance.

This will make you laugh as well the sales manager told us that for 4 grand you would only get someone else's cr*p although he didn't used that word but the one that begin with 'S' .....I kid you not!

Needless to say I wrote a letter reporting his conduct and that of the general manager too and now both have moved on...going to see the new general manager next week to see about some compensation!
    Helen.xxx.

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,567
    Morning walnut and Helen and everyone else,

Helen, good luck with the garage [​IMG] you deserve some compensation for all the hassle.

have a great day :D

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, little cloudy here this morning.
    hope everyone has a lovely day, i,m planning a day out in newcastle sometime, for pictures of our town about 20 minutes drive from me, I dont normally go into newcastle but this will give me the opportunity to get pictures of our bridges for the september competition.

12. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,253
    Morning walnut, Helen, shiney and rosa.

walnut, I must say for the 14 out of the 20 years I lived in the States I was obviously using the wrong ingredient!

What a nightmare, Helen. If your �£4,000 car is s***, then I dread to think what they would think of Isabel who cost me �£2,550 ... :eek:

We had exceptionally strong gusts and gales throughout the night so between it and t'other half's snoring I feel a bit like I need some sleep! One brolly is inside out and off it's spokes but fortunately the Aussie shade sail is still in place.

Enjoy your day one and all.

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,692
    Good Morning everyone I do hope you are all well
    all have a lovely day and stay safe.
    [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Had to get up to make sure one of the kids gets off early for work...thought I might be the first to post and Woo beat me! :(

Never mind...Morning Woo, Walnut, Shiney, Rosa, Lady and all hope you enjoy your first cuppa of the day as much as I am! :D

Helen.xxx.

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo,Helen and the rest about to rise ,welcome to the earlier set Helen although I am usually up at 4-4.30 bread making comes fist,dealerships are rubbish at sevicing cars you can find some good back street garages I would sue the pants off them.Going to renew our passports today before all those new recognition rules are enforced on us, had some fun last week taking the photographs in one of them booths, how come your never happy with them, questions like do I really look like this, is my fringe on my face, am I smiling were issuing out of the booth, it was more fun than watching a bucket of tadpoles, have a safe day everyone