Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello peepes [​IMG] ,

A bit hit and miss weatherwise, looks dingy out the window but pop outside and its actually quite warm, no breeze but i think somethings-a-brewing and it ain't coffee :D

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,263
    Hi folks, I'm back, thanks for the good wishes.

It was only the telephone lines out but they have fixed it. I did say to Sis 9 days when I phoned her on the mobile ... I meant 21, 5 December through Boxing Day 2005, telephone only again, but half the lines in the Algarve were down.

The storms started early afternoon Monday and we still have them rumbling overhead now, so I may not be here long. Electrical storms are quite wild here, love them.

Nice to see you back AndyK ... I can always manage by candlelight ... my candle bill is higher than my electric. [​IMG]

3. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone!

Lost my password and couldnt log in...finally found it, and wrote it down and put it somewhere where i wont lose it next time i clear out some cookies (lol)!!
    I have to run, but will check back in tomorrow.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Hi Penny, nice to hear from you again. Hope you didn't put it in one of those "very safe places"!!! :rolleyes: :D I am very good at that..... :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny havnt spoke for ages hope your keeping well.
    LoL do hope the weather gets better over there, mind like the idea of candlelight.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning everybody, try this link again Helen it is definitely working this morning http://www.r-clarke.org.uk/ funny thing the stars you don't know when you have them.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls had a little lie-in today if you can call it that :D

Lady nice to 'hear' from you and glad your ok.

Welcome back Penny ....I'm hopeless about passwords etc as well and have to have my own little black book for everything!

Thanks for the link (again Walnut) you are a dear going to so much trouble for me...I hope to impress my family with my new found knowledge..I only hope I don't bore them to tears. :eek:

Have a nice day people.
    Helen.xxx.

8. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all, excitment here last night. Was watching the TV when all of a sudden there was a choking smell of gas..... Somewhere I have a major leak, but was suprised at the amount of gas that escaped in the space of about 1 mins........ Went to get the key to turn it off.... Not there... :eek: Luckily I remembered I had put it in a new place..... :rolleyes: So waiting for the gas man to come now....... Have a good day all...... [​IMG]

9. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Darn it.. Pressed enter twice & it double posted..!! :rolleyes: :D

10. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,263
    Morning all, lovely and sunny this morning.

rosa, we don't mind the rain, not having had any all summer ... we could go through another three-month dry spell before winter. We just felt a bit lost when you can't get out in the torrential rain and the computers don't work!

Hope all is sort safely with you Marley ... that sounded a bit frightening. :eek:

Have a good day everyone.

11. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning one and all!

My goodness Marley glad to know you're ok, I'm sure the gas man said that now a days its almost impossible to get gassed and gass is much safer than it used to be but I still wouldn't like to take any chances and I notice we still have the odd house going bang so I don't really believe him totally! :eek:

Don't know where yesterday went :confused: time seem to have flown and it's only the start of the short 'days' and I'm already wishing it was Spring!

Have a nice day guys and girls...I'll 'see' you around. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

12. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen you seem to be rising earlier cann't wait to start the day,well done Marley good job you were quick off the mark with that gas leak, everyone take note make sure you know were to isolate your supplies check your isolation valves are easy to turn off,check your r c d works on your electricity supplies, check your smoke alarms frequently it could save yours and your loved ones lives, have a safe day everybody.

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning Helen & Walnut,
    Well the gas man came to check it is all turned off properly & is safe & I will know today when he is coming to fix it... Don't use it for cooking so not too inconvenient.... Just have to use the immersion heater..!!!

:confused: He said leaks often occur like that quite suddenly & indoors..!! He did stress how important it is to know where your key to the box is. :rolleyes: I have just moved my key rack, but of course I went straight to where it used to be...!!!!
    I can quite see how poeple are overcome by the gas. It filled the rooms so quickly & because it is heavier than air it took quite a while to disperse... Even with every door & window open.... I should know later when he is coming back.....

Have to laugh, when we first smelt it we accused the dog of polluting the air.......!! :D Obviously it was apparent within a split second that it wasn't him... Poor old dog....!!! :D :D So yes Walnut, all have a safe day..

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, lovely and sunny here, hoping it stays nice for sunday when the QE2 comes into the tyne so i can get nice pics to show you all.
    got the video of whales from africa having a bother uploading the file onto pb so asked for advice so that i can get it on here to show everyone.
    anyway have a great day

15. Victoria

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,263
    Morning Helen, walnut, Marley and rosa.

Pleased the gasman sorted you out Marley ... in the nicest possible way! :D

It's fresh and sunny here, not quite 20 degrees, only went to 24 yesterday but more storms are forecast. Our friends are coming over at 11am to help us shift huge boulders so hopefully it keeps dry for that. Naturally, we have sold the van now so he can put them in his 4x4 as they sure ain't going in Isabel! :eek:

Have a good one everyone.