Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Kandy,

The Lakes are lovely aren' they :D

I will be thinking of you seeing the physio, i start in a week :(

Whereabouts did you stay? Going to go camping up there with the dog's :D

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    Wb Kandy,glad you had a good 'un ,hope you get sorted ok tomorrow.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,AG and Gogs,It is nice to be back home in one way but we have been spoilt up there by some fantastic scenery,weather and new friends we have made while out walking and on the caravan site :cool:

Hi AG,we stayed on a Caravan Park called Castlerigg Hall near Keswick,and we have been informed it is the best one in that part of the Lakes.We had views over Derwent Water and Cat Bells and some other mountains.

We walked round BorrowDale which was very pretty Newlands,also very nice,Tarn Hows which Beatrix Potter bought and Bequeathed to the National Trust so that it would remain unspoilt for generations to come...

We also visited Yew Tree farm which was used as Hill Top farm in the recent Miss Potter film :cool:

I do hope your Physio goes ok next week though AG.I am not looking forward to it tomorrow and I have to wear shorts as the letter says so I hope it isn't too cold,though at least I can show my tan off [​IMG] :D

Good Luck with yours.I will let you know how mine goes.Enjoy your day...

PS.We took a couple of photo frames of Tina our old dog so we felt she was still part of our holiday experience even though she is no longer with us.Daft or what...

Thankyou for your kind words Gogs,fingers and toes crossed so to speak...

[ 16. September 2007, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

4. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Kandy,

Thanks for that, will google it and check it out. Last year took the dogs to Norfolk, was thinking this year of going to Yorkshire Moors but Lakes sounds better :D

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut, Woo, Marley, Rosa, Lady, Kandy, AG,Gogs and all.

Walnut I'ave had no luck as yet finding the right stars that are up above although that site was pretty good...I think you can buy a chart or something that's handy to go outside with and maybe that will help me :confused:

Although the last couple of mornings there has been a fair few clouds in the sky which doesn't help when you are trying to find the right costellations!

Thanks for you kind words Marley I think with all the problems Woo, myself, Kandy and AG are having maybe we should start a new group called something like 'Mind willing, body not able'

Rosa I will be looking out for those pictures I hope the day was lovely for you and you got plenty of pics to share with us! [​IMG]

Welcome back Kandy pleased to know you had a great time just sorry to hear about your sciatica problems...being in pain is not ideal nor fun at the best of times but when you're on holiday its just really bad luck.

Anyway just going through the normal routine of having my first cuppa and playing the 'waiting game' for the drugs to kick in.

Have a nice Monday lets hope the weather is better than yesterday boy did we have some wind!
    Helen.xxx.

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,694
    Good morning Helen ,Walnut and all my other friends have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG]

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen here's an easy one for you if it's clear now look due east about 10 degrees (about shoulder height if you put your arm out)the bright object you see is the planet venus, south east and a bit lower down is a bright star called sirius, thats should get you started. Hi Kandy welcome back glad you had a good holiday pity about the old scatica hope you get sorted,have a good day everyone.

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Way to go Walnut thanks for that just popped out again and think [​IMG] I found planet venus to the right of it I saw two or so stars in kinda a line and still further along to the right a larger line of stars !
    Any ideas on what I saw?
    Helen.xxx.

9. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all.. Off to see my Grandson off to camp today.. Have a great day everyone.. [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley, woo, walnut , helen, kandy and everyone.
    had a great time yesterday taking lots of pics of the QE2 sailing into tyneside close to were i live, great wouldnt of missed it for the world, she got a grand reception when she entered the tyne in tynemouth, bands, fireworks and 40 thousand people turned up to welcome her, it was very emotional.
    have a great day everyone away back at 4.30 to catch her leaving

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Helen you probably saw orion it is now nearly due south at this time(I have a computer programme that shows me the sky in night mode in the day time so I can track the stars when day time or even at night whenit's cloudy)O ne for you tonight at sunset,BRIGHT THREESOME: When the sun goes down tonight, step outside and look south. Jupiter, a fat crescent Moon and the red giant star Antares are gathered together in the constellation Scorpius. The three are bright enough to see even from light polluted cities. Take a look:http://www.spaceweather.com/images2007/17sep07/skymap_north.gif

12. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,268
    Morning, morning folk. Missed all your cheery chatter yesterday as I was away for the weekend. Came home last evening to no telephone line again although we had not had storms. :confused:

Hazy this morning but the sun is breaking through. [​IMG]

Helen, Kandy and ag ... do hope you gals get yourselves sorted out soon. [​IMG]

rosa, must have been great to see the QE2. Our friends do a jaunt on her each year. I have seen her pass the IoW a few times. Sis and I sailed to Canada on the Queen Mary (was it Sis?) and to and from the States a few times on the SS United States ... fantastic beasties ... I always managed to get seasick however! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have a lovely day and week everyone.

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, just learned she is leaving north tyneside at 6 pm tonight going there to wave her goodbye and more pics.
    hope you had a lovely weekend away.
    have a lovely day

14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good afternoon everyone.Hope you are all having a great day in all you are doing.

Had a phone call earlier from the Hospital letting me know that my Physio appointment that I have waited nine weeks to get has been cancelled because the Physiotherapist is off sick,so I now have another appointment for tomorrow afternoon with someone else,unless of course she goes off sick as well.Not to worry though,I shall just grin and bare it through gritted teeth :mad:

Have an enjoyable afternoon folks [​IMG]

[ 18. September 2007, 07:19 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

15. accidentalgardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Kandy,

As Sarra said to me "it's that national elf" :D