Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everybody, it went very cool last night I decided before midnight it may go frosty so started moving some of my brugs into the p/tunnel, a lot of rearranging to do today, have a safe one everyone.

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Walnut and all you late risers!

Walnut many thanks for your aid with the stars,I think you have got me hooked.

I agree it's getting pretty cold now isn't it thank goodness I have a big, fluffy dressing grown to keep me cozy in the mornings while I'm looking outside like a loon although 'they' will have to have pretty good eyesight to see me in this darkness!

Lady I do hope you don't have too many problems with your phone line nor any more bad storms.

Rosa it does sound like the old girl has been having fun on her little trip around the isle.

Kandy I'm so sorry to hear of your wait I dare bet by the time you do get to physio you will have mended all on your own, but it's nice to know that even the guys and girls that are there to 'fix' us get sick now and again!

Anyway guys and girls gotta order my gravel today otherwise winter will be here in next to no time and I'll wonder why I have not done such a simple task!

Enjoy your day.Helen.xxx.

3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Well Helen, sounds like you are finding out about the stars now then... :D
    :eek: I dashed out last night & popped a few plants in the greenhouse too, but I couldn't see any sign of frost this morning, but you never know.... Just jolly chilly I think....!!!

:( Sorry to hear your physio was canceled Kandy, fingers crossed today goes well for you [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day everyone...

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone [​IMG]

AG love that bit about the National Elf service :D

Helen and Marley,the appointment got cancelled just a couple of hours before I was due to go for my first session.What makes me laugh is that I have had to wait 9 weeks for this appointment but then she could off me one of two appointments for either today or tomorrow.Mr Kandy reckons that once you have an appointment then there is a block of days when you can go for the sessions,but we are not sure how it works. :rolleyes:

AG,I do hope you have better luck with yours next week....

It is certainly chilly out there this morning and we had rain from yesterday teatime and all through the night so at least the plants got a good watering.I did ask for it on the weather thread on Sunday and it did oblige,so someone must be listening :cool:

Have a great day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,
    got soaked through taking the pics of queen elizabeth but she was worth it, it was great to see her on her way.
    busy burning them on to dvds to watch on the telly at my leisure.
    have a great day all

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,574
    Morning everyone

We're back after a lovely week of sun, gentle walking, good company and good food. Now it's back to the real world [​IMG]

I suppose I had better go back to catching up on all my mail and messages :( [​IMG] [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,694
    Good afternoon all my friends Sorry I am a bit late today But this Is my first time of being vertical since yesterday I just had to get off the floor There's something so disorientating looking at the ceiling all the time and frustrating being so Inactive.Hope you are all well and stay safe(are well I suppose I had better get back on that floor again(Mrs owl has said she is going to nail me to the floor) If i
    don't. [​IMG]

8. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,Glad to hear that you had a great holiday up in the Lakes.Looking forward to seeing your holiday snaps.I will PM you to let you know how I got on this afternoon with the Physiotherapist.Please except my Thanks for yours and Mrs Shiney's support at this difficult time.You are indeed good people [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good evening all [​IMG]

Kandy hope it went ok for you at physio :eek:

Linda/Helen/Marley and 'everybody else that knows me' :rolleyes: it was cold last night, had to shut one of the bedroom windows! Cooler today as well. I pressume this is the end of summer?

Took a walk in the woods up the end by the farm, got a strange look from a girl up there feeding her horse, anybody would think she had never seen a human tripod before [​IMG] another 15 hours til freedom [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi AG,Hope you are ok all things considering.It has been cool here all day though the sun has been shining and there were plenty of clouds about though they have gone now.I think we are heading for the winter months now.Time I went down under where it is warmer,now where did I leave my digeridoo [​IMG] :D

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Welcome back Shiney well invigorated I hope, Woo mrs Walnut has had the same problem as you with her back the advice she has is to keep moving and take ibuprofen(easier said than done).Kandy I don't know if your doctors and dentists are the same near you but they have a very prominent notice saying 220 appointments or some such figure missed this month due to people not turning up for appointments which equates to 55hrs lost just ask them for one of these missed sessions it doesn't half flumox them.Have a safe day everyone.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning people!

Looks like thats the end of our 'summer' only hope that the winter is kind to us all.

Marley I'ave been very lucky indeed to find Walnut who has been very kind to enlighten me with the delights of the early morning sky, if only it was a little warmer for me!

Rosa saw you pictures of the 'old lady' and they are wonderful.

Shiney glad you enjoyed your holiday, it's always a shame for them to end although I must confess no matter how well I enjoy our holidays I'm always pleased to return home...just like Dorothy says 'there no place like home'.

Paula I hope things go well for you dear.

Woo I can so relate to your back problems that's why I have started to get up so early as I can't seen to rest in bed once I wake in the night and the drugs don't seem to be working for me anymore. Take care Woo.

Looks like I'll be busy shifting 3 tons of gravel with Bob today but I'll have to drug up and make sure Bob allows me to do some work...gotta love him!

Have a nice day guys and girls. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

13. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all, A very dark old morning here today..!!!!! I know why but not even thinking about it...!!! I do hope this isn't the end of summer yet!!!!!!!

[​IMG] Freedom for you today then AG...!! Hope all goes well there...
    Helen, you do need someone with a little knowledge to teach about the stars so well done Walnut & I hope you have many hrs of enjoyment.. I know I find the night sky fascinating..!! Love to look at it..

Hope your physio worked out Kandy, I don't know, but why it is always so difficult to get appointments with them. Our physio place is always empty!! But never any free appointments!! When I had to go for my shoulder there are 4 bays. Only one is ever in use at a time & yet there are always at least 2 Physios there..!!! Most strange to me the way they work... Allot of talk & not so much action it seems.. :rolleyes: They seem to be a law unto themselves in our area anyway... They may do good work, but getting it is hard work..!!!! [​IMG]

Woo, my advice is to keep moving as much as possible too.. NO garden work of course..!! Just gentle movement.. And do take anti inflammatory tablets as Walnut suggests.... My experience has shown them to help allot..!! ;)

Go carefully Helen, moving that gravel...!! ;)

[​IMG] Well all have a great day in all you do everyone..! [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, weather a little better than the last few days.
    have a great day all

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,694
    Thank you all my friends for your support and advice,Mrs Owl is on the Keyboard today she is kindly leaving this message from me to you.Have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG]