Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,I'm a bit late on here this morning as I am having to take things easy and can't sit at the keyboard for too long as well as doing the exercises from the Physio lady and the hot water bottle treatment..phew :D

I will get back to everyone who has contacted me just as soon as I can.Hope you all have a great day in all you do. :cool:

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning guys and girls.

Can't sleep again which is a right pain in the bum and it's because of it!
    Boy do I miss my good 8 hours sleep.

Anyway moved all of the gravel yesterday Bob and I were very lucky one of my son's (Dan) had a day off work and he along with his girlfriend Gemma helped us out which was wonderful for my back and Bob too.

The gravel went much further than Bob and I imagined so some went on the back....wish we ordered one more bag as it would have done the whole thing!

Never mind going to want some more gravel for a path on the back garden along with some more for my greenhouse (when I get it!) also for the tops of my pots.... so a couple more tons should do the trick.

Hope everyone is able to 'get about' without too much pain today...take it easy Woo and Kandy Rome wasn't build in a day, although if you're anything like myself you will not be able to rest without getting itchy fingers with being so bored!

Kandy the water bottle treatment doesn't seem to work for me but I do wish you well.

Have a nice day everyone. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,got the bread on the go at the moment the smell will permeate the house for the next couple of hours, mrs walnut loves waking up to the smell of fresh bread,have a safe day everyone.

4. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning Walnut, Helen & all... ;) Just got the butter out of the fridge Walnut!! Is it ready yet??? :D [​IMG]

Well I do hope you are all feeling a little more comfortable today... [​IMG] Helen, you & Bob must have felt good when you stood back & looked at what you had achieved!!! [​IMG]

Kandy I do hope you are more comfortable today too... [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a good one everybody...

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone I do hope you are all well and enjoying this lovely Autumn day :D

Walnut,I can smell that freshly baked bread from here [​IMG] We keep saying we are going to buy one of those bread making machines and a juicer etc,but we haven't got a big kitchen so wouldn't have the space to have them all.If they are on the work tops they will just gather dust while waiting to be used and it is more stuff to keep clean..

Helen,The heat treatment has been suggested by the Physio lady,to get the oxygen to my bum.I had to do the same thing when this Sciatica started this time round nine months ago.

When I had my MRI scan done it was found that the bottom vertebrae is degenerating with wear and tear for my age and there is a protrusion as they call it pressing on the Sciatic nerve.The Physio treatment is suppossed to be helping it but I now have my Periformis in spasm so I am going next Tuesday for some soft muscle treaetment which I have been told will be very painful.I am determined to keep mobile as I am only a youngish wrinkly so I am not giving up yet,though even I couldn't manage the gravel shifting.I can't even do much gardening at the moment and even ironing all our holiday clothes has nearly killed me.Thankfully I have one of those steam generator irons which has made it a lot easier [​IMG]

Woo I do hope you are not suffering either with your back.Do try to keep mobile or else your muscles will stiffen up.

Have a good day everyone :cool:

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Marley,you sneaked in with your post while I was correcting my spelling mistakes :D

I feel fine at the moment because I am back on the strong painkillers but as the day goes on I shall gradually go down hill.If I am like this now I dread to think what I shall be like when I am 52 cough cough.And to think it was gardening that started this problem off originally fourteen years ago... ah well

7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Kandy, you poor dear! Now that is a very good reason for all your pain. I know. Although through different circumstances...
    :( My son in law has broken his back twice in two separate accidents. One traffic, one a fall... The last leaving a sharp bone spur which rubbed on the sciatic verve . He has a high pain threshold & worked until one morning he couldn't feel below his knees. He was under the NHS all this time. No prospect of any real improvement... :( He is 42 with 3 children...!!

[​IMG] Anyway to cut a long story short, he was told of a surgeon in Ireland who was pioneering a particular type surgery for this & other spinal injuries. So he paid & went privately as this was his only hope of walking again..!! He has had the surgery & although not pain free as he works again now. It is not that dreadful pain.! It is now just the use of his injured back. If you know what we mean...... :eek: His work??He is a Tree surgeon with his own business...

I can find out more info if you like. But the one thing everyone has always said it to "keep moving" as much as you can as you say Kandy..

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,270
    Good morning all. This is becoming quite painful reading about all this pain and agony! I just wish you all a comfortable day and pleased to hear your son-in-law is mobile now, Marley.

I hope there's some of that bread left for me? It is a granary loaf, walnut? That's my favourite. [​IMG]

It was sunny earlier but has now turned cloudy.

Busy day ahead. Enjoy your day whatever you may do.

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, Very painful indeed,I suppose we all at times have our bad times, My back does the same thing and was told there is nothing they can do, they wouldnt operate on me its too dangerous, so i just have to live with it best i can.
    anyway have a good day lets hope its pain free

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all I'm early as normal.

Bob can't seem to get his head round why I get up so early now...he has a good extra 4 hours on me and still feels rough when he awakes the poor dear.

Kandy I can so relate to your pain I get spasms every so often and they are not nice at all...I remember when I first started to have them I went to the doctor and she gave me diezepan!

Bob had a good laugh at that said even the doctor thinks your nuts...the cheeky devil!

I do hope your pain gets a little more bearable Kandy it's always pretty bad with sciatica as you do indeed need to keep moving.

Went to the movies yesterday.... it feels just like being a teenager again as we seem to be going to the pictures so often now, at least I don't have to worry about being in on time or else :D

Have a nice day people whatever you are doing.
    Helen.xxx.

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen bob doesn't know what he's missing getting up at this time just tell him he must be getting old and needs his sleep he will be up like a shot tomorrow, :D Kandy keep searching the web as Marley says there's research and new techniques being found all the time I learned of one in america and asked a surgeon to do it over here which he did it was a complete success I now have a shoulder that is held together with dacron tape (lost all the ligaments in a cycling accident) it's better than the other shoulder,LoL you don't (knead) a bread making machine it's good excercise for your wrists and fingers the bread I make uses 50-50 strong white and stong brown flour I add to this sunflower,pumpkin and linseed use honey to feed the yeast. Marley problem keeping the bread warm sending it down there be ok if you toast it.Have a safe day everyone.

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,I have always been an early bird due to having a morning paper round when I was a kid and then having to take my mums outdoor work back to the factory everyday and collecting the new work ready to be done and that was before school :eek: then in my last full time job{60 Hours} I was a key holder so had to get up early to ride to the company on my small motor scooter to open up the place ready for the workers :rolleyes:

Marley the Consultant was talking about surgery but said the procedure is dangerous so I opted for Physio...

Helen I was given Diazapam when I couldn't sleep but I only took 10 of them because they knocked me out at the wrong time of the day and then I was walking round like a zombie for the rest of the day.I think the problems this time is due to long spells of being driven round on holiday because Mr Kandy wanted to visit some of the places we had visited many years ago...

Walnut,I shall look on the net a it more when I can sit at the computer long enough.Thankyou for the advice though [​IMG]

Enjoy your day everyone when you all get up :D

13. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Well spent most of yesterday on the phone trying to locate some parts for an outboard motor... Would never have thought it was so difficult to get them..!!! Hopefully today..!! [​IMG]

Kandy, it is entirely personal choice about surgery to your back. Yes you run a risk as there are so many nerves etc in the spine that can be damaged.. I would go with your Physio as it is early days for you.... But when you are 40 & 3 young children the prospect of being wheelchair bound the rest of your life, is not really an option my son in law felt he could accept. Then when he lost feeling it was the only option.. Kandy, his op is NOT an NHS option but it is fantastic.. The success rate is very high... As I say personal choice... But it was the right option for him..... [​IMG] As Helen says, just keep the movement going that is so important even though very uncomfortable....!! :(

Walnut, so glad to hear your pioneering surgery worked for you... I am sure you would have found life a tad tedious if you were not able to cycle anymore.. Good to hear... [​IMG] OK, then Walnut, my toasting fork is ready & fire roaring...!!!! [​IMG] :D

Helen, one thing I seem to find impossible these days is sitting in the cinema... Stupid really, as they all have very comfy seats compared to the old "flea-pit" days.. Just don't seem to enjoy the time in them any more..!! :rolleyes:

Well have a great day all, what ever you may be up too..!!

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,270
    Good morning all. It's hazy sunshine this morning.

I get up about 9am just because I can. [​IMG] I don't miss that early morning alarm clock one iota.

T'other half is away with Isabel this morning having her IPO (MoT) so fingers crossed.

Will probably go to Portimao later as t'other half needs some kind of drill that can cope with our 60cm stone walls.

Kedi-Gato is off to Florida this morning for 17 days with her hubby and son as her son has bought a house there. She'll be logging on from there connections permitting.

Enjoy your day one and all.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, having bother with this mouse its driving me nuts, took the ball out cleaned it still not working, so i will have to buy a new one.
    weather is awful here this morning raining.
    have a great day in all you are doing