Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa,I do hope your back is a lot better today.We just have to keep plodding on as best as we can.Mr Kandy often works on the big computer upstairs while I am down here on the laptop so I think you will be ok.You will have to get him to join GC like I keep trying to get Mr Kandy to do.Have a great day and don't over do it :D

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,293
    Good morning, all, just passing through quickly.

Lovely story to start the day, walnut. [​IMG]

It's a beautiful day here and I'm going out to enjoy it.

Have a wonderful day.

3. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    thats so sad, i want to cry.

4. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Kandy you poor love [​IMG]

If cramps are a regular problem Quinine Tabs from the Doc's can help a lot, might be an idea to ask???????

As for hair, mine is very thick too. Don't use serum it makes it worse trust me. When i wake up i have about 5 partings all over my head :D

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    AG I have only just started getting these cramping pains in my calf muscle.I don't know whether it is connected to our holiday or some other thing.I tried Googling and found that a lack of Pottasium can cause it as can low salt in the body.I had that once before when I gave up eating salt for a number of years,only having what was in the food I bought,then when we went to the Isle of White for holidays and had extremely hot whether I think the salt levels dropped in my body.The cramps were terrible.I was talking to a keen cyclist who I was working with at the time and he said to increase my salt input.I did that and within a couple of months the problem had cleared up,until now that is.I use salt now but the low sodium sort. [​IMG]

I will ask the Doctor if the Physio work doesn't help.I don't want to run to the doctor while I am having Physio.Thankyou for the advice though [​IMG]

6. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    If it is to do with low pottasium which can also be caused by diuretics try eating a banana a day as it combats it due to it being so rich in the stuff :D

Like Tesco says 'every little helps' :D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning guys and girls.

Thanks all for being so understanding about my rant another old saying (where do I get them all?)I like to say is 'Someones gotta get it' :D

Kandy I do hope someone or something can help you out nothing seems to work for me and the drugs that the doctor has given me (Tramadol) seemed to work wonders to begin with sadly they have lost that lovely power now.

Paula seems a few of us are 'cursed' with thick hair mine is really thick too and nearly to my bum but has so much natural wave/curls its a nightmare to brush.

I have to wear mine 'up' most of the time but I do get an awful lot of complements from hairdressers (when I go!) and people in general.

Dan (our eldest) is cursed too he hates his with a passion as he always wanted that long hair/grunge look when he was younger.

Paula banana's are a 'no go' in our house as you say too much potassium in them which Bob is not allow and boy does he love them. :(

On another note we brought a lovely cordyline at the weekend and for a bargain price too �£3 and it's a lovely size...wish I had brought another one! :(
    Helen.xxx.

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all hope all the bad backs are somewhat better today, mrs walnut managed to drive a little yesterday so some improvement there, could I just say that anyone excercising an afflicted part say your stretching a bad right leg then do the left leg an equal amount it is important to keep the body balanced (alexander technique)have a safe pain free day everyone.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning all.I couldn't stay in bed any longer so I thought I might just as well get up and be in pain rather than lie in bed all day.I shouldn't complain though because there are people a lot worse off than me and at least I can still hobble about albeit slowly.I still go out for walks round the village every day,though I have to tell Mr Kandy to slow down as I can't stride out at the moment like I normally do :(

AG I love bananas and try to include them in my diet every day.Some of the walking we did in the first week when I was ok was done in hot weather and I had to keep stopping for a tiddle as for some unknown reason I got tiddleitise and though we took water with us I might have got dehydrated.
    When I go to see the Physiotherapist tomorrow I will try to find out more.

Helen,my hair is thick but fine so have to use hairspray even in doors to keep it in place.I used to have long hair when I was young but now I am a lot older I don't think long hair suits me.If I grow it long then it starts to do my head in and I can't wait to have it cut short.

Walnut I shall take all your advice on board and will start properly today with the exercises [​IMG]

It is blowing a gale out there today and we have torrential rain as well,so the Indian Summer is finally over.Have a great day everyone [​IMG]

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen,walnut, kandy and everyone.
    kandy i get the same just have to get out of bed, woke up in the middle of the night my arms felt as iff the blood circulation wasnt going through them, must of been the way i was lying, never mind we plod on.
    guess kandy you wont be using your bike at the moment.
    its raining here looks quite miserable out there.
    have a nice day anyway

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,293
    Good morning Helen, walnut, Kandy and rosa and whoever may follow me.

It's another beautiful morning here with a slight breeze.

Enjoy your day. [​IMG]

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,Sorry to hear you are having problems as well.We are going to definetly have to get a new bed within the next couple of weeks and see if that helps.I haven't been on my bike since I had that sickness bug on my Birthday.It is folded up at the moment waiting for the day I am fit enough to get peddling :rolleyes: Take Care [​IMG]

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi kandy, thats what i thought get a new bed it didnt really make much difference, mind you cheap beds are no good or should i say mattresses.
    I couldnt ride a bike to save my life :D now, too much up them hills, going down is fine.

14. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Its a sunny and warm day here in Ontario, supposed to be that way until Wednesday and then cooler temps moving in.

How is everyone?
    Doing well i hope.

Gotta run, but i will check back in later.

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    I don't believe this.I have just had a phone call from the Hospital.This is what they said...

Hospital...'Mrs Kandy,You have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for Physio'

Me..'Yes that is correct'.

Hospital...'Well I am just ringing to say the appointment has been cancelled because the Physiotherapist is off sick.Can you come on Thursday afternoon instead'

Me...Through nashed teeth,Yes of course what time'

Hospital...'Is 3pm ok' with Exxxx?

Me.. Yes that will be fine. Bye then...

What I want to know is how can the Physiotherapist know that if she is sick today that she will be ok for Thursday.When I had the sickness bug the other month I couldn't have known in advance how I would be feeling two days later.This is the second time they have done the sickness excuse.No wonder I am feeling fed up,cheesed off and had enough of the Bxxxdy NHS
    :mad: [​IMG]

Hi Rosa,we definetly need a new bed as the one we have is twelve years old and squeeks like mad :D

[ 24. September 2007, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]