Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,701
    Hi all my friends Its been a torrid 8 days but at
    It seems I have more than my fair share of the Bounceability Factor,And there seems to be a slight improvement.Hope you are feeling a bit better Rosa and Kandy. [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Hope all of you are getting about a little bit better today without too much pain....hard as it is you really have to keep going.

Try not to envy the guys that are running about pain free their time will come as most often than not it happens to us all, a sad but simple fact things start to break down although one always thinks it will happen way after 60 never mind 40!

Just got the chicken cooking for later on as I never know if I might be 'doing' something later on and the boys have to be fed!

Maybe I'll bake something too all my cookies and cheese scones have been ate from yesterday morning's 'bake off'.....naughty,naughty Bob, ok it was me that ate most of the cookies but I hate scones so you really can't blame me for them. :D

Take care whatever you are doing and enjoy what little day light we are getting now.
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all good your on the mend Woo,Kandy when you see that Physio take mr Kandy in with you let her show him what to do get a non squeaky bed and let him help with your treatment, Penny the forecast over here is for frosts about wednesday we seem to be following the same pattern.I suppose I am very lucky I have a very high pain threshold and can switch off serious pain I do keep seriously fit and found it is the key,before undertaking major reconstruction surgery on my shoulder(after a cycling accident)I practiced riding my training bicycle one handed as I knew I would be in a sling for months,2 days after the operation I was up and spinning my trainer and to my surgeons surprise healed in no time, have a good safe day everyone.

4. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,292
    Good morning Helen and walnut and everyone else wherever you may be as I'm late today.

I don't envy your frosts approaching. Today we are sunny, 22 but rather gusty as it was through the night. Went to 27 yesterday. We don't have such short days as you folk, will check tonight what time we get dark (8ish?) ... not up early enough to check the mornings but when I feed the little uns at 7.30 it's sunny already. [​IMG]

Have a pleasant day one and all.

5. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi LoL, Helen and everywun :D

Further to my whats your weather like? post i can now confirm that the rain clouds are doing their stuff down Saaath :D Oh well means i know the garden is being watered but the washing has already taken a bashing, to bring in now and get wet or not ............. descisions descisions [​IMG] :D

6. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone~~!!

Well we are back to warmer temperatures right now, but calling for it to get cooler for the weekend (of course)!!!
    Its raining here at the moment(10:30am), but we need it, so thats ok by me.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all.

Lovely crisp morning I was able to stand outside with my two 'old ladies' while they saw to their toilet needs no wind or rain just the slight hum of the distant motorway traffic!

Yesterday morning while everyone was in bed I cooked the chicken but managed to burn the carrots as I was far too busy searching the net..whoops! [​IMG]

Thank goodness the carrots didn't smoke don't think the guys would have been too pleased getting up at this time in the morning if the smoke alarms went off! :D

Poor Bob over did it yesterday with trying to finish the block drive way he's suffering for it now...if anyone has any ideas to get the guy to stop please let me know. :confused:

Anyway you will all be pleased to know it's only a short one today no essay so at least that's a good start for the day for you. :D

Have a nice day people.
    Helen.xxx.

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all Helen if you don't feed and water Bob that should slow him down :D LoL we are past the autumn equinox sunrise is 7:02am and sunset is 7:00pm it was last sunday, of course we have the gloomy bits leading up and away from these times so you can really tell the days are shorter, have a good safe one everybody.

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning Walnut Helen and everyone.Hope you are all feeling fine today.Had a bad day yesterday but feeling a lot better today.One day at a time as they say.

I have found a baby hedgehog wandering along the grass verge so worrying that it might get run over have taken it in.It has been busy tucking in to the cats grub.I have called her 'Miss Tiggywinkle'and will release her once she has fattened up ready for the winter.She is living in the cats house that they no longer use.They are not impressed by her spines though :eek:

Have a great day in all you do everyone [​IMG]

10. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    [​IMG] Morning all, Glad you are feeling a bit better today Kandy.. Having a very busy week this week. You know how it goes..! :rolleyes: 1st time I have had a chance to say Good morning this week...! :D Have a good day everyone, whatever you are doing... [​IMG]

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,292
    Good morning Helen, walnut, Kandy and Marley.

A cooler start to the day here at 18 degrees but it's sunny and there's a slight breeze.

T'other half was annoyed he missed the Autumn equinox passing as he always remembers such things. We grilled out last night. We eat at 8pm and the light was just fading, but we are a bit further South than you. [​IMG]

Have a good one, one and all.

12. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Its a cold and rainy morning here, very dreary.
    And the tree;s have started to really turn, they look incredible.
    Have a great day everyone!!

13. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Penny hope you are ok.It is freezing cold here in the wind,just like winter,though the sun is warm and the sky is blue with white fluffy clouds.My temeratuer is reading 51F and earlier it was at 44F brrr.Hope you have a good day [​IMG]

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning everyone!

Walnut I'm sure you will be right behind me this morning...how about that big bright moon when I first got up I thought it was day break, it's a real stunner isn't it? :D

Kandy I have always had a huge love for those little critters and I hope the little guy/girl comes along fine.

Dan's GF is staying for a few days and is following me about like a little puppy dog, which is kinda cute.

Strange isn't it? how 'back in the day' having a GF or BF staying at home with your parents was a very unpc thing to do...times are a changing!

But the guys have been together for 3 years now and as Dan says 'I keep dropping her off, but she keeps coming back' :D

Boy wasn't it cold yesterday?

I thought that's it time for the thermals.... well not really but it did come close; warm trousers woolly socks, pink rigger boots, two jumpers, coat, hat and that was just to pop into the garden!

Boy I hope we are not in for a really cold winter I'll freeze!

Have a nice day guys

Helen.xxx.

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen yes nice bright moon but it stops you seeing yhe stars properly it is nice though,glad your feeling a bit better Kandy hope the physio doesn't disturb your problem to much, got mrs walnut back to speed again those early morning back massages free her up for the day,Penny looks like your just beating us into autumn but it did go cold last night it's not warm in the day with a northerly breeze,Helen I have been wearing my thermal vest under my cycling top for weeks essential to keep the chest warm when out on the treader, have a safe day everyone.