Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    hello lol hows weather ? my dad lives in malaga
    im going over in two weeks is the weather ok :cool:

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,294
    Ola imp!

I'm about five to six hours west of Malaga. Went to Spain for a mini break last month and was only an hour away inland.

At the moment we are 22 degrees, going to about 28 in the afternoon/evening. October starts our rain season ... if we are lucky to get any :D ... and it can change rapidly when it does.

I don't know how it will be in Malaga but it will be warm so bring your shorts and shades! [​IMG]

3. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    no shorts just my moleskin undies :D hope my bikini line is ok [​IMG]

4. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone..

Its a bit warmer here today, and of course, calling for rain after lunch, figures huh.
    Hope everyone is well and has a great day.

5. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Hi penny, is your weather as bad as ours? DEE

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning guys and girls.

Walnut there's nothing to 'see' this morning in the sky.... it seems all the 'good stuff' went with the moon, how long for some more things to see or appear?

Shiney and Marley it's really nice to know that you grandchildren are being 'brought' up instead of dragged up, which is how it should be.

Some of the things I have heard from little ones have been able to make me turn red with embarrassment although most of their parents think it's funny to hear crude things from a babe's mouth because most of them speak that way themselves!

Shiney I loved that story of the person putting the bar back when no thank you came, wish I could get away with doing the same but Bob would die of embarrassment for sure!

Speaking of manners my 'new' neighbours have moved in and I have found out the 'hard' way that they have a teenage daughter....I thought a boy racer was on our road last night loads of earth shattering bass but no to my horror I found out it was coming from next door!

It seems she had her music on full blast I really had no other option but to go round and ask them to turn it down, Bob said let it be they will settle down, but I really think it's best to nip things in the bud before thay get out of hand (sorry about that pun)....met the dad although they did turn it down I don't think they will be ideal neighbours like Trish and Nigel before them as Michael (the new neighbour)said I'm working away all week up Scotland so the girl pretty much does what she likes and her mother is always out although she doesn't work, I think the daughter is about 12.

I wonder if he knows that someone has been keeping his wife company while he was away all week our bedroom backs onto theirs and our walls are so thin...I don't have to explain anymore do I?

Anyway I hope that they will settle in fine although it really doesn't look good for me nor Michael at the moment! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and about to be risers,Helen as long as th sky is clear there's always something to see you will have to get a pair of binoculars or a small telescope, Kandy stay with the physio sounds like it's doing good, carry on doing that piriformis excercise in between sessions,all have a safe weekend.

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Everybody,I have just been reading the last few pages trying to catch up on everything.I can't remember being taught manners though by my parents but I must have and there were ten of us kids and foster kids as well so they managed to find time..

Shiney,Mr Kandy and I usually go to the supermarket together and we have two trollies? and he stands at the end packing the stuff into the recycled carry bags{Every little helps [​IMG] } but the girls on the till always throws the stuff down the conveyor belt at breakneck speed so that it is a mad scramble to pack it all,so it looks like the customer is being slow.My sister who has just packed in her job at the supermarket she was working at says the girls are told to push through a certain ammount of items per hour,so on the face of it,it just looks like the customer is going at a snails pace.Mr Kandy takes his time because he hates to have his bread flattened...

That annoys me a bit when no one says Thankyou,but these days if you say anything to people you are likely to get beaten up such is the state of the world...

Mr Kandy has a Nephew and Niece who never ever said 'Thankyou' for their presants unless prompted by their mum and dad and they can't even be bothered to send him a card on his Birthday so he refuses to send them one.They don't even buy a card or presant for their Grand parents but will willingly take what has been bought for them.They even had the cheek to Celebrate both their '18' and '21' Birthdays so they had two parties cards and presants :rolleyes:

Walnut,I am still doing the stretches and each morning I feel ok and can run up the stairs but by the end of the day,I am like a cripple.I went for a walk yesterday dinner time,but it started raining but I couldn't walk back home very fast.I tried running but that was worse so I just had to get wet.I am dreading getting old.I need one of those motorised scooters me thinks...

Have a great day and weekend everyone [​IMG]

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]

Morning everyone, hoping it will stay dry today going out celebrating hubbys birthday today.
    We went out for a meal here yesterday waterford arms, lovely place they for years have awards for the best and biggest cod and chips and it was right fantastic, the best batter and fish i have tasted.
    looks a little dull here this morning
    have a great day everyone

10. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,610
    Good morning everyone,
    Helen, sorry to hear you have noisy neighbours. I hope they take notice of your complaint.

Kandy, it sounds as if your back has improved a bit. Keep it up [​IMG]
    I know that at the supermarkets the checkout staff have to work at a fairly fast rate. I make things easier for myself by putting the shopping on the checkout in the order that I want to pack them. Aren't I well organised [​IMG] :D
    One of our nephews moaned a little bit about the birthday present Mrs shiney had just given him so she took it away and he didn't get anything. That was years ago and now he is married with kids and his daughter is the one that I said is so, naturally, polite now [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa and Shiney,Rosa hope you have a great day celebrating Mr Rosa's Birthday and that Watford Arms place looks quiet a lovely place,and I bet you had a lovely time there.We love fish and chips and often have the fish melting in our mouths,it's that fresh.Hope you have a good day together [​IMG] Mr Kandy has been living it up in a Hotel down in Bracknell on a work's course so the house is no longer quiet [​IMG] :D but it is nice to have him back rather than having to talk for hours on the phone [​IMG]

Shiney,we always stack everything together and always do the fruit and veg,meat and bread last so that it doesn't get murdered in the bags.We too are organised but then we have had 27 years of practise [​IMG] ;)

Hope you both enjoy your day and hope the weather improves for us all,well all of us that doesn't have the sun that is

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, it was a lovely place its next to were i took my photogrph of seaton sluice, we will definately be going back, aswell as fish & chips they had a superb menu the lamb on the bone looked fab.
    Meeting everyone about 12 so looking forward to it.
    mr rosa will be away week tuesday back to africa off-shore for 4 weeks, will get my paintings done will have pleny of time.
    have a great day

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,294
    Good morning earlybirds. [​IMG]

It's overcast and 20 degrees here but the sun is trying break up the clouds.

T'other half is off getting Isabel her re-test and kindly brought me my tea in bed this morning. [​IMG]

Happy Birthday, mr rosa, have a wonderful celebration ... is this the big one, rosa, or is it next year like me?

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, no its not the big one its next year.
    good luck with isabel on her re-test.
    speak later and have a great day

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Banned from the garden for a few days as my 'bum' pain has become too much for me again. I wish it would sort its self out but I think an awful lot has to do with the cold weather we are having at the moment if it carries on then I'm doomed!

Poor Dan (my eldest) has also twisted his back and is in an awful lot of pain but I have been able to help him out with my pain killers, I know I really shouldn't do that but I can't see him in so much pain....poor thing even has to sleep sitting up on the sofa but thankfully he is moving a little bit better with my 'help'.

Dan 'hates' being poorly as he never has a spare moment what with working and going to university but he does work so very hard and I'm pleased to write has no student debt at all and even manages to run his own car although the car was a pressie from mum and dad!

I was wondering if any of your parents out there 'helped' your children through university or college instead of them getting into debt?

Or do you think it's a way of the world today debt and learning go hand in hand?

Anyway it's raining here so I'm not going to miss much in the garden with my ban, have a nice Sunday whatever you are up to. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.