Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen i'm late this morning only got to bed a 2am sky is clear ay the moment and it's a bit chilly, stars are out but moon still a bit too bright to do any serious observations.Keep stretching Helen to help with your pain, consider doing pilates regularly to keep flexible, have a safe day everyone.

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Everyone.Well another month has nearly ended and come to think of it so has another year :eek: where does the time go...

Helen I do hope your son's back gets better soon and yours as well.At the moment I can't get down to do any gardening or allotmenteering for that matter so all the weeds will have to wait and the Guneia pigs will have to speed up noshing the grass.I expect I could get Mr Kandy to cut the lawns but he scalps them and then the grass goes brown which really annoys me :mad:

We never had any help from parents.I was from a very large family and had to help my parents with my mums outdoor work to bring in a bit more money so was too shattered to even study to get good exams at school.It was a case of get out to work as soon as I left school to bring in some 'board' money to help with the family finances.Mr Kandy got one 'A' level Qualification and wasn't bothered in working to get more or to go to University.Years ago it was a big thing to get to Uni,now so many kids go there,but I don't know whether it does them any good when it comes to getting a job as it is the experience that a lot of employers are looking for these days.It seems now that you need 'GCE' qualifications to get just a meanial job these days and I found that once you reached 30 then you were unemployable with a lot of companies :rolleyes:

Walnut a lot of the ladies in my v illage go to Pilates classes in our village so I might have to consider joining..

Have a great Sunday everyone

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, walnut kandy and everyone.
    helen do hope you will be feeling better and your son, i guess it is our weather it doesnt help, my back starts more in the winter and i guess kandy will be the same.
    have a nice sunday everyone

4. Sunshine P

Sunshine P Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all

hope everyone if feeling better soon,

could be nap time for me in a bit have been up since 3.45am, feeling a bit tired now,

Have a good day everyone :eek: :D

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning sunshineP, you have been up early.enjoy your nap speak later

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,610
    Good morning everyone,
    I've been out in the garden doing a bit of pruning. The air is very still and the sun is shining. After I've had a break I shall get back out there and finish the rest of the mowing that I did yesterday.

Helen, I'm sorry to hear that you and Dan are poorly and wish you lots better [​IMG]

Kandy, I hope your treatments are gradually sorting out your problem and you will be able to get the whip out and make sure Mr Kandy cuts the lawns properly. Tell him I said that he doesn't get Sunday lunch until it is done properly :eek: :D :D

Have a great day :D

7. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,107
    [​IMG] Good Morning all.
    Its a gorgeous sunny morning here too,no wind and every weekend like this now IS a bonus,so lets make the best of it.
    Have a great one everyone.

8. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,294
    Morning everyone ... full house today. [​IMG]

Thank you, rosa, having had her suspension done and a full service whilst she was in the shop, she passed her re-inpsection. If you show just "show up" for opening time, re-inspections are prioritised as they only check the aspects that failed.

Yesterday we spent a lovely couple of hours driving along the coastroad and then inland, roof down, of course ... so what a surprise when the rains came last evening!

It rained steadily all night which has done the earth wonders. Overcast and 21 degrees at the moment so don't know how the day will turn out.

Enjoy whatever you may do.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi I need a lie down as I can't cope with all these people on wakey wakey this time of the morning [​IMG] :D ...only joking...

Rosa,I do hope you had a good day yesterday with your friends celebrating Mr Rosa's Birthday,and Sunshine hope you don't miss this beautiful day with your sleeping [​IMG]

Roders,nice to see you on here,must be all of a few months since I last saw your flapping butterfly wings...

Shiney,I don't want Mr Kandy to touch the lawns full stop,and anyway he will be watching the Grand Prix when that starts and then we might go out for a little drive to a GC to look for some plants or bulbs. We have roast chicken today with all the trimmings.He needs fattening up me thinks.Good Luck with the gardening [​IMG]

We went for a 'Quick'? walk round the village earlier but it took us nearly an hour so I think I need to get my bike unfolded and give that another try,or get Mr Kandy to give my back a good kick to push this damn disc back into place :(

Enjoy the sunshine everyone [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi LoL,I missed you popping up there.Glad to haer that Isabel passed her MOT again and that you had a good day along the coast.Hope she didn't get too wet when it rained.Enjoy your day [​IMG]

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney, LoL, kandy, roders
    yes nice to see everyone in wakey wakey.
    LoL glad isabel passed her test great news, isnt it typical it rains when you buy a car with a roof you can have done.
    kandy we had a great day yesterday, the weather wasnt too bad so we sat outside the pub and guess what came by our audi we used to have took pics and got some pics of a couple of limos which i shall put up.
    have a great day everyone

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning guys and girls.

Walnut just like you yesterday I had a bit of a lie in today, only half an hour but of late that seems like an age.

Have tried pilates with my neighbour Trish (who have just moved) ahe was studing for her exams in the technic and Bob offered her my 'body' to practice with.... it was ok but sadly didn't work for me although we did have many a good laugh trying it out, I think the main problem with me is that I can't do things slowly..even when I'm hobbling around I'm still moving at quite a speed!

Thanks Kandy,Rosa,Sunshine and Shiney for your get well wishes Dan's now 'up and running' and is his usual crazy self which is like a breath of fresh air.

Kandy when the boys were little we had quite a few guinea pigs they really are one of the cutest creatures for little ones to have and I just love the way they 'talk' to you.

Shiney I'ave gotta get the mower out today too that's if I can get into the shed to drag it out!

Lady glad Isabel managed to pass her test just hope the weather keeps dry for you and hubbie to wiz around in her.

Have a great day guys.
    Helen.xxx.

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,called at my brothers yesterday he does a part time caretaking job on a market they hold car booties and the like, he picked up 3 plastic pots 18"x18" for a tenner, ideal for my bruggies well chuffed.

14. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen wondered were you where keep trying with the pilates give it time you will feel the benefits, have a safe day everyone.

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, walnut and everyone.
    woke up to the sun shining, still a little chilly.
    hope everyone has a lovely day