Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Penny.Glad to hear that your daughter has got over her illness.Lets just hope it keeps away.Don't over do it with the scrubing and enjoy your day [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all you other wonderful folks!

Lady having an open fire brings back so many memories and I do miss the crackle of the logs and of course the smell but I don't really miss the cleaning out or the soot that seemed to get everywhere never mind waiting for the house to warm up! :D

Penny it's nice to know that your daughter is feeling better it's not much fun being poorly.

Great night sky outside loads of bright stars out and so easy to see too as it's so very clear with no clouds at all!

Well what a wonderful day it was yesterday it seems the weather has some surprises for us still so very bright and warm just ideal for spending time in the garden.

Pity I only had time to 'do' the slug patrol late last night...oh well another day and maybe another chance to catch up on some weeding!

Lets hope for another good day, have a good'um whatever you are doing. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and one and all, popped into the shed to get my telescope on this beautiful morning, the shed has the greenhouse attatched,ln the greenhouse are some of my brugs I pulled in the other day they have another flush of flowers on them the smell is intoxicating, talk about seventh heaven what a way to start the day, have a safe one everybody.

4. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Dark this morning when we got up and it was nice to see such a nice bright star straight outside the bedroom window :cool:

Had to take Poppy and Willow for their annual boosters yesterday teatime,but as usual Poppy legged it as I went to pick her up from where she had been sleeping at the base of the garage wall all day.We then spent ten minutes trying to catch her but in the end had to give up.
    The receptionist wrote AWOL by the side of her name as we had to rebook for this morning.
    She only came in for two seconds last night and that was it for the whole evening.Same this morning and now she has legged it again.Hopefully the lure of a heated house will entice her back indoors or else I shall have to cancel the appointment. [​IMG] :rolleyes:

Have a great day everyone [​IMG]

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,704
    Good morning Helen,Walnut and Kandy,and everyone else,all have a great day and stay safe,By the way Today is The Worlds Smiley Day,and I thought I would share this with you all. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning woo, kandy, helen, walnut, LoL & Shiney when you arrive and everyone else.lovely picture woo.
    Had a bad night coudnt sleep so i got up and slept on the settee, big mistake my back is going mad this morning, hope it eases in the course of today.
    kandy hope you find the cat naughty little thing running off like that worrying mum and dad
    have a great day every one [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Woo Rosa,Lol and Shiney when you get on here sometime.Woo that is a lovely sunrise photo,though I don't feel like smiling at the moment because Poppy refuses to come indoors,so unless she comes in by 8.30am I am going to have to ring up the vets to see if they can fit me in later on today grrr [​IMG]

Rosa,I know exactly how you feel,I have spent nights on the settee because then I can dangle my legs over the arm and get comfy.My torture treatment is stating to work because yesterday and this mornin g is the first pain free day I ahve had in ages,though it could be the strong painkillers masking it.I do hope yours gets better.Just keep mobile if you can,no sitting at the computer for too long.

Try to enjoy your day [​IMG]

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning kandy, was just wondering iff you have caught poppy yet being nearly 8.30 now.
    yes sitting at the pc for hours doesnt help, making a point now of having breaks from it.
    speak later

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,I have just been outside and there is no sign of her. Earlier she was sitting on top of the fence outside the back door so never tried to grab her because she was too high up.I think she came in when I was upstairs and as soon as she heard me coming down the top stairs before the dog leg she scarpered through the cat flap.I haven't put any food out for her so she can't just nip in and out.I wish someone would invent a vaccination that goes in the food as appossed to an injection in the back of the neck :rolleyes: The problem is that Tina went to the vets and never came back so Poppy and Willow think the same thing.I had better go as I need to ring the vets.You wait and see,as soon as I cancel it she will come back indoors [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Rosa,I have just had to cancel the appointment and renew it for Monday.It will be a rush as I have my torture treatment late afternoon and then have to rush home and hopefully get Poppy to the vets. :rolleyes:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    kandy that will be typical, she must sense shes going to the vets, do hope you have better uck monday, will keep fingers crossed for you.
    speak later and thanks for letting me know

12. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone,all done and dusted.Poppy came sauntering into the lounge at 9.25am then legged it then came back in so I quickly shut the door and phoned the vets.They said to bring her for 9.50am so after spending five minutes trying to catch her,I caught her an bundled her into her carrying box then raced off to the vets.We have just got back home and she cried all the way there and back.I am worn out now and need a lie down [​IMG] :D PS we never had this problem with the dog [​IMG]

13. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,296
    Good morning, morning folk. My, we are chatty today.

Thank you for the lovely picture, woo. [​IMG]

Helen, it's coal fires that have all the sort and take forever to get into action ... that's what I had for 23 years in England. As I was the first home from work, I had the honours so could be considered a pyromaniac. [​IMG] I didn't take my coat off for the for the first half hour. It has a back boiler and underfloor pipes which went to the other rooms, which was okay. We have closed-door wood burners here and they light very quickly, are exceptionally efficient and heat in a short period of time, even with our 17 foot high ceilings, but the heat comes out of the stack as well. There is very little ash also ... the intense heat burns it to nothing.

It's a lovely day here so I hope you all enjoy whatever you may do working up to the weekend.

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, yes we have had quite a good chat and pleased to hear kandy eventually got her poppy to the vets this morning.
    lovely day here warm and sunny, have a fab day

15. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Another nice day here today, although calling for rain later this afternoon.
    Got alot of cleaning done yesturday, and have some laundry on the go as we speak.
    Anyhow, have a great day everyone, and might try and pop back in later.