Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning intermiplants, have a nice time speak next week

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,305
    Good morning all, a lovely day it is again, so another topless day. [​IMG]

Your cheery sunflower certainly made me smile, roders. [​IMG]

Enjoy your holiday, imp and mrs imp. Let me know if your likkle bike heads west.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL,that sunflower definately has brightened up this morning very nice.
    I have just booked myself on a 2 day oil painting course end of this month in ipswich, an american oil painter is coming over to do the course, should be good and i will end up bringing home 2 oil paintings, 1 of poppies and the other a landscape with a lake and castle. will take plenty of pics and put them up.
    have a lovely day

4. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Its cold and raining and parts of me north are getting the dreaded S word, not us though, just lots and lots of rain!!
    Its only 3 degrees here, and add the rain, it chills you to the bone.
    Might try and pop in later, have a great day!

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    hi penny, keep missing you, guess you will soon be getting snow over there, hope your keeping well

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the advice Walnut I'll be asking my doctor if he can help me out with the injections I'm not afraid of needles so thats good.

Last night found out that Bob's mum who is nearly 80 has cancer thankfully it's only skin cancer and Bob was able to calm her down as he had a huge cancer hole on his forehead a couple of years ago.

I wonder why in both Bob and his mum's case when they went to see the 'Top man' he just came out and said 'it's cancer' no build up or anything at least at the vets with our beloved animals they show you more compassion and break it to you steady!
    Helen.xxx.

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and everyone, no need to ask Helen having a bad night again hope that doctor is sorting something out for you,enjoy your course Rosa I can see you giving this guy a few tips,Penny you need them thermals now is this cold early for you or is it following the normal pattern? have a safe weekend everyone.

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Well it is still dark outside so can't tell you whether it is warm or cold out there but at least it is dry.

The forecast for the weekend is going to sunny so it will be back to wearing shorts again

Helen sorry to hear about the skin cancer though even that one can be serious.Mr Kandy's uncle developed it on his head and over the years he has had to periodically go into hospital to have bits cut out when it has flared up again and then had to have skin grafts taken from his legs to patch it up.

At least though he has made it to being 90 years young.I wouldn't want to develop any cancer because in their own way they are a terrible thing to have and it must be a nightmare for anyone suffering and having to have treatment or having their families watching their loved once waste away with it :eek: :(

Hope you all have a great weekend in all you do [​IMG]

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for that Kandy I think because Bob had a HUGE hole in his forehead it calmed his mum down no end, hers is very tiny indeed compared to what Bob had.

When he had his op it really did break my heart to see the state of him propped up in the hospital bed with huge amounts of blood on his pillow.

I made the mistake of taking our boys to see him but I went in first and came out and told the boys that they need not see their father if they didn't want to because he was in such a state, they both decided to go in and it hit our youngest boy the most he cried his eyes out and was so angry how the staff left his dad in such a way. :(
    Helen.xxx.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, little late this morning, was up on here quite late last night.
    looks nice and dry out there and feels quite warm.
    just charged my cameras up ready to get out and see iff i can get some autumn pics for the new competition.
    have a great day speak later

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,305
    Morning early birds. A lovely start to the day.

Came home yesterday with my new watering can as the sturdy rubber one went kaput after less than two years to discover we had no mains water so I couldn't christen it. Fortunately we had rainwater in our underground cisterna which holds 20,000 litres so we had to pump that into the house.

Our friends who live nearby phoned to ask if we had electricity as they had none for five hours!

The roofer is coming this morning to measure for the materials and will start removing the roof Monday assuming the materials are here. Never a dull moment.

We are taking our friends at lunchtime to a glass / framing place and then to brunch so that should be pleasant.

Have a lovely day everyone and a good weekend and hopefully the weather will be kind to you all.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Just having me a nice cuppa and waiting for the drugs to kick in and maybe I'll get lucky and have a few hours more sleep.
    Helen.xxx.

13. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,yes Helen get yourself back to bed for a few hours it's dull as ditch water out there anyhow pain is allways worse when you are tired,LoL enjoy your day hope the roofing goes ok especially with it being the wet season [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen and walnut, you were up early hope everyone is keeping well.beautiful blue skies here on the north east coast.
    have a lovely day

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,709
    Good morning Helen,Walnut and Rosa and Lol.Helen I hope Things Improve for you,All have a lovely Sunday and stay safe. [​IMG]