Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning LoL, I can well imajine what its like, lets hope there not going to be on too long.
    have a nice day

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,633
    Good morning everyone.

Helen, I'm sorry that you seem to be in so much pain and don't seem to be able to shift it. I wish you lots better:pray: [​IMG]

I have missed being on here but it is because of a combination of a lot of things. I have been very busy and have also had a recurrence of my lower back problem. (had problems there for 55 years [​IMG] ) Sitting and standing were the worst whereas walking and moving about was not so bad. By the time I had done all my necessary work on the computer I wasn't able to sit here any longer to get on to GC. (It's nice to see GC has moved up to number 6 [​IMG] )

On top of all that Mrs shiney hasn't been very well. She is quite a bit better now and should be winging her way to Egypt in about an hour's time. The good weather should help her recover. After lots of physio etc my back is on the mend.

Enough of the gloomy bits!

It is a wonderful morning with brilliant sunshine and I shall get out there and potter around for a while before I bother to deal with any of my work.

I can see from here that the cat that appears to have taken up permanent residence in our greenhouse is starting to stretch himself. That means that I shall have to be careful when working out there because he gets under my feet all the time. Mrs shiney has named him Oscar - don't know why! We only very occasionally give him some food but he appears very healthy.

I wish you all a lovely and healthy day and lots more of them. :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney,join the club of us with bad backs, mind sitting on this pc all the time doesnt help matters, i have breaks from it, plus we would never get anything done.
    hope mrs shiney has a nice time and the warmth will do her the world of good.
    looks like its just you and oscar for a while.
    have a lovely day

4. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there everyone.

Yet another wet day here, and its cool too, so really cant even do anything outside, although i did get the grass cut...talk about dodging the rain drops!!!
    Gotta scoot, but have a great day everyone.

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,709
    Good morning Helen,Walnut,Rosa.Lol and Shiney and all my other friends,I can't sleep so many thoughts buzzing round in my head.I am going to take Gypsy and Tiny for a walk They won't mind
    Everyone have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Yes you have guessed right no quick fix for me I'm afraid.

Walnut the doctor said the injections are not ideal for me as yet as it would take too long to sort out as I would have to be referred to a surgeon to have it done and he says I need a 'quick fix' to help me sleep first to see if that works.

He wanted to prescribe liquid morphine much to my horror!

I asked for something else to try first so he has prescribed Diazepam because just my luck I have started to get the feelings of spasms on top of the pain!

So here's a list of the drugs that I will be taking from tonight.

Tramadol for the pain of which I'm use to and doesn't work for me well anymore.

Paracetamol to help with the pain.

Amitriptyline Hydrochloride only a small dose taken for the 'side effect' which is supposed to make you sleepy!

Diazepan again a small dose for the spasms.

He wants to see me next week and see how I'm going on but has warned me if nothing's changed I will have to try the liquid morphine!

Shiney I do feel for you back pain is really no joy at all but you're so lucky to be able to have physio that's way in the future for me at the moment and I do agree with you the sitting is poor agony also the first few steps are murder for me too.

Rosa we should really have a bad back club going Shiney will have to be the chairman as suffering for 55 years must account for something!

Take it easy guys I might not be so early tomorrow finger's crossed!
    Helen.aka drug addict :( xxx.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo you posted while I was busy with one of my essays, sorry you can't sleep but I'm sure your lovely dogs will enjoy their early morning walk with their dad. [​IMG] Helen.xxx.

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and Woo,Helen I hope he put you on that list to see the surgeon after all it's time wasted if your next drug regime doesn't work(hopefully it will) thats some cocktail your on to be honest I don't know how you are awake,don't go down the morphine route it's highly addictive do insist on putting the pain blocker in place.Woo best time to take the dog out when it's really the upside you get the peace get to see all the creatures of the night the downside you see the low life as well sorted a few problems out in the early hours, I miss my early walks since I lost my Jasmine, have a safe day everyone.

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,633
    Good morning everyone,
    It was a lovely clear and chilly night last night. Ursa Major seemed very low in the sky. The brilliant sunshine this morning is highlighting the wonderful colour change to our acer. Unfortunately, I can't photograph it as Mrs shiney has taken the camera with her on holiday.

Oscar is sleeping peacefully in the propagator. Isn't it amazing how cats always seem to be so relaxed and comfortable when they sleep. I'm going to have to buy some more shingle to put in the propagator as Oscar has uncovered some of the wiring.

Helen, I hope you mange to get some rest and relief from the pain.

Have a great day everyone :D

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning walnut, helen, woo, shiney, LoL when you arrive and everyone else.
    helen yes thats a good idea Bad Back club, iff shiney doesnt mind being chairman :D
    dry here this morning sun shining a little.
    woo sorry to hear you couldnt sleep you were up early this morning, do hope you enjoyed your little walk with gypsy and tiny.Just joined free with my bt a vault to store my pics safe like a back up file so iff everything goes down i can retrieve everything in bts vault, good idea isnt it.
    have a great day

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,306
    Morning all, nice and sunny here, thankfully.

Work is progressing well, concrete girders are in place and they (three of them) are laying the concrete slabs today and rendering the loft walls. And I can watch them work from the living room or kitchen ...

[​IMG]

No, I don't climb up the ladder and look through!

Thanks for reminding me, rosa, must download all my pics onto the stick.

Hope everyone has a good day.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,633
    Hi LoL

I knew that you know a lot of people but how did you manage to get the invisible man working for you? :D :D :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    :D :D :D :D hi LoL yes i also have a stick and transferred my best pics onto their but its nice to have a few back-ups, got them on cds but sometimes they can get scratched and i,m not too sure of them long-term.

14. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Just had the best sleep in a long time although I did only fall asleep at 11.30pm,just having a drink of ovaltine at the moment and hoping to go back for some more shut eye soon!
    Helen.xxx.

15. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and all,good you got some sleep Helen keep it up,Shiney you keep your cat in the propagator :eek: are you trying to get it to germinate or to grow bigger I'm sure they reproduce in another way,have a safe day everybody.