Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,709
    Good morning Helen,Walnut,and all my other friends
    A bit behind this morning(Like a cows tail) :D [​IMG] Nearly lost Tiny down a rabbit hole.
    The first Frost this morning, all have a good day and stay safe. [​IMG]

2. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,308
    Good morning Helen, walnut and woo. It's a lovely sunny day, 20 degrees ... did you say frost, woo ?????

Pleased to hear you've had some sleep at last, Helen.

Work is progressing at a rapid rate here, but there are three of them. Last night we didn't have to look at the sky and stars directly from the living room as they managed to get the concrete beams, slabs and screed up yesterday so we were safe from the elements ... fortunately it didn't rain the night before or the living room would be quite wet! :eek: I think they are putting the clay tiles on now.

To join the happy roof crowd, we have the satellite dish man coming this morning to put up a 1.37m one. Our 80cm is useless to get the English channels as we are on the fringe. Satellite is free here, unless you want the big movie / sports programmes which we don't. There are no TV licenses here either. [​IMG]

Must get a move on ... enjoy whatever you may do today.

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning everyone - and a beautiful one as well (although a bit frosty).

walnut, I knew I was doing something wrong :D

Helen, rosa, I'm not sure I would want to be chairman of the Bad Back Club because a chairman should be an 'upright' member of the community :D . I have, generally, learnt how not to aggravate my condition so rarely have a major problem. I go once a month to the physio and more frequently if I have a bad spell (or should that be 'bad splel' [​IMG] )

LoL, I'm pleased to hear that you now have roof over your head. [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen, woo, walnut, shiney, LOL and everyone, helen the best nights sleep :D I was going to bed when you got up ha! ha!, thats why i,m a little late this morning,was sketching an A2 large size portrait of sunshinep,s boys, I did them seperate but she wants them together, just started painting them.
    have a great day everyone

5. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

Its finally beautiful outside, its 71 degrees and its raining..........figures huh!!
    Have a great day everyone.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning everyone,
    It has got rather cold out there so I have just closed up the last of the windows in the greenhouse. I've just left the door open enough for Oscar to get in. He was outside trying to trip me up. He got in the way so much that I actually trod on him a couple of times. It doesn't seem to stop him from dodging between my feet and and rolling on his back in front of me. [​IMG] . I've told him to go to bed but he ignores me as usual.

See you all later.

Hope you had a good night.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney,Walnut and all.

Very chilly night just let the girls out and they were none to keen to poke their heads out a little too cold for the old girls...... me included :D

Just woke up and now trying to wait for the drugs to kick in again so I can get back to sleep, I'm dropping asleep ok but still waking up in pain which is a total bum...never mind back to the doctors next week again and to think it is really rare for me to go there but since we moved I'm just backwards and forwards to the place I keep telling Bob that the old gentleman who had the house before us doesn't want us in it both of us had really bad health since our move! :(
    Helen.xxx.

8. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,709
    Good morning Helen, Walnut,and all,I am just off for my Dawn chorus Constitutional with Gypsy and Tiny [​IMG] Have a great Weekend and and stay safe,.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and Woo,tell that doctor to get you on that waiting list for the injection Helen,Woo there was a tale of a jack russel stuck down a rabbit hole for 5 weeks the poor thing only became unstuck when its emaciation allowed it to wriggle free and to everyones surprise managed to stagger home so please be careful.LoL hope you get your tv set up ok for THE MATCH tonight, have a safe weekend everyone.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning helen,shiney, woo, walnut, penny and everyone.
    lovely sunny morning here, going to finish a painting of a german shepherd, woo its not like gpysy he has straight hair this one.
    have a great day whatever your plans

11. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,308
    Good morning all. Do you ever go to bed shiney, Helen, woo and walnut? Hi rosa, you must have been up painting late that you are up late. :D

Now I remember one of the reasons I am here ... it's currently 20 degrees and sunny, went to 26 yesterday. [​IMG]

Yes, walnut, up and running. A 1.37m dish is rather daunting but thankfully it's white against a white wall. The new one is aimed at Astra 2 Cluster and we will aim the 80cm one at Astra 1 Cluster ... everything is moving from Eurobird 1 to A2C starting this week, hence us getting something more receptive.

The system is working slow for me this morning so I'll bid you farewell and wish you a good day.

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning, again, everyone.
    It is still nippy out there but had a nice brisk walk and the sunshine is lovely. I saw lots of things I wanted to take photos of but Mrs shiney has the camera on holiday with her.

Helen, I hope you manage to have a good sleep. Some friends of ours also seemed to have bad health after moving into a new house. They called in some man who said that the bedroom was above some Ley Lines!! (he said it was something to do with Geopathic Stress - whatever that is). He told them to move their bed on to a different wall in the room and after that they got better. They said that they had called him in after some of their friends had the same problem. Sounds a bit peculiar to me but worth looking up on the internet. Two comments the man made stick in my mind about it - he said that in some countries they don't build houses above Ley Lines; and although Ley Lines can be harmful to humans they are, apparently, loved by cats who will sit above them. Mrs shiney knows more about it but won't be back for a couple of weeks.

Have a great day :D

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Hi LoL, you must have posted whilst I was typing. Some nights I just don't feel like sleeping. Are you sure that you haven't joined SETI with your two dishes? [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Helen. I know you will have had a survey done before you bought the house, but have you had it thoroughly checked for damp? I'm afraid I don't trust all surveyors.

15. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good day friends.

Well its another wet day here, but it did stop long enough for me to unload my groceries, so i cant complain there.
    Have a great evening everyone.