Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,309
    I was just shutting down, imp, but welcome back. [​IMG] Hope you and mrs pip had a nice break with your dad.

We've still got the sunshine, in fact, got warmer this past week, low of 19, high of 26, so I ain't complaining.

Catch up with you along the way.

2. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi LoL,

Long time no speak, how you doing :D

3. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Time to bring this to the top [​IMG] .

Good morning everyone,
    I think it is going to be another lovely day and wish all the BBBs (Bad Back Brigade) a painless day :D

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,709
    Good morning Shiney,Helen,Kandy,Walnut,Rosa,Lol,and all my other friends another restless Night,Gypsy and Tiny Just Love their Early Morning Walk,I must say the Woods are very quiet and Serene at This time of the Morning(their doesn't seem to be anyone else about :D )Still you all have a lovely day and be safe. [​IMG]

5. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Woo, Walnut and all.

Thanks Mr.Chairman for the lovely thought of having a painless day only wish you had a magic wand to grant that wish for me! :D

Very interesting to know about low water pressure Shiney as we suffer terribly from it Bob even says he could pee with more force than what comes out of the taps! :D We had to have men out only the other day to try and fix the problem...but so far it's not been fixed at all...just a lot of standing around and scatching their heads action!

Kandy glad you enjoyed your little break we went to Hastings years ago and went to the caves system called Smugglers Adventure which the boys thought was pretty cool..... is it still there?

Welcome back Ste and Paula I do hope you have been good while you have been away otherwise I will have to get my naughty cane out and smack you with it! :D

As normal just having a nice cuppa and waiting for the drugs to kick in....see you all later.
    Helen.xxx.

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning again.

woo, are your owl eyes good enough for walks at these hours or do you have help from science?

Helen, sorry about the lack of magic wands :eek: . I'll try some of this instead [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good morning walnut, I see you are wandering around GC - unless you are posting on here whilst I am typing.

Have a great day everyone :D

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all an interesting tale Shiney dowsing another one of the pseudosciences I think I could walk outside with no equipment and point to a spot and if you dug there you would find water it's called the water table I also could do it from 200 or so miles away, if you look at the contours of the ground I also think you would have a good idea were water would gather sorry but I need hard facts [​IMG] My son had a problem with his central heating boiler it kept cutting out I sussed the problem was due to low water pressure, he contacted the water blokes they came tested the pressure on the road outside said it was fine said they had been several times could find nothing wrong with the pressure,I asked him to check the main isolation valve to see it worked and was fully open ,it was pressure still low at the taps ,if it had been a leak for that length of time the house would have been washed away I suspected a crushed or damaged pipe causing the problem asked him to trace the run of the pipe from the road to its entrance to the house as you cann't see it I told him to hazzarded a guess as to what route it would take tracing the imagined route through the shrubbery he spotted a piece of flag stone partly buried lifted it up and spotted a further isolation valve that was barley cracked open, half a turn on this end of problem all done on the phone from many miles away.Welcome back Paula and Ste,have a safe day everyone.

8. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Hi walnut. The dowser could have made a lucky guess but he didn't have any clue as to where the stopcock on the road was or where the rising main in the house was. Yet he managed to pinpoint a crack in the water pipe in the front garden which has an area of 9,000 sq ft. Of course, there could have been lots of cracks in the pipe but at least he managed to pinpoint the pipe as well. My attitude was that I didn't care whether it was a guess. It helped me in my negotiations with the water authority because they wanted to charge me Ã?£2000 for running the new pipe. After a series of letters, and arguments,they waived the charge. [​IMG]

Re water tables. Over the years I have had two geotechnical site investigations done in my garden prior to replacement of cesspool soakaways. Each time they drilled bore holes and did infiltration tests to determine which design of soakaway would be best for the site. Both investigations were done at the height of the summer. I would have thought it better to do them in the winter because of ground saturation, but they were employed by the insurance companies. In 1981 they determined the water table at 4.5 metres and in 1998 it was at 1.75 metres!! Can the water table rise that much? :eek:

Got to give my back a rest so a nice cuppa is called for and a walk when it gets light.

Enjoy your day everyone.

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.I must be dreaming because I have never seen so many people on here so early in the morning.It takes me back to last summer when there was a lot of chatter on here this time of the morning but thye couldn't keep it up and they all fell by the wayside,or back into their beds :D

Shiney I am glad you got all your water work problems sorted out,not good at your age [​IMG] :D Enjoy your walk in the fresh air and your cuppa.Just about to have one myself

Helen really loved Hastings and visiting the site of the great battle in 1066.There were lots of flowers on the stone marking the spot where Harold fell.It was the Anniversary on October 14th and they had a reinactment to commemmorate the event.
    I am not sure about the adventure park though.

Woo,I would be frightened walking round the woods at that time of the morning.Not safe for us ladies :eek:

Well it is D Day today.I have to go to the Hospital this afternoon for my Abdominal Ultrasound to determine whether I have Gall and Kidney stones as the blood tests I had when my Sciatica first started showed my liver function enzymes were raised and then when I had the sickness bug two days before my birthday in August,the water samples I had to do showed Protein in the water so I have to have the scan do to eliminate both things.
    My appointment was for 2pm but they have changed it to 4pm and I can't have anything to eat for 6 hours before hand,and I can only drink clear fluids.I can see my tummy rumbling while it is being done and I shall be starving hungry.I just hope I can get the car parked ok as there is always a long queue when I go for my Physio appointments.

Hope you all have a great day in all you do.

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone,see everyone was up early this morning, sorry to have missed you all.
    hope everyone has a lovely day

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good luck with your appointment today Kandy [​IMG] [​IMG] .

The walk was OK but it isn't bright and sunny like the last few days.

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
    [​IMG]

(Blast from the past here,have a good 'un.)

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning shiney and gogs,good luck kandy this afternoon at the hospital.

14. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,309
    Good morning all ... and I've been called the chatterbox! :D

Nice to see you again, Funny Face, which now seems to disappeared ... but love the little giggly pooch, maybe you could use that as your avatar. I'll catch up with you later.

Good luck at the hospital Kandy.

Cute kitties Gogs.

It's a beautiful bright morning here. I think we're DIYing it today so will obviously have to stop off at the garden centre as we pass. :D Leroy Merlin has a garden section but only houseplants.

Enjoy whatever you may do today.

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Hi rosa and Gogs

Have a great day :D