Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Shiney i'm usually jumping around on 3 different forums and stargazing inbetween so dip in and out, the water table variation can vary considerably disparity between the level of the winter and summer water table is known as the zone of intermittent saturation, wherein the water table will fluctuate in response to climatic conditions,obviously if we have a very wet summer and then a very dry summer the fluctuation will vary considerably.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Hi LoL, your post wasn't up there when I started my last one and I then got a phone call before submitting it. I was a bit surprised just now when I saw your posting above mine. I hope you haven't bought out all the plants in the garden centre.

walnut, I can't remember how hot and dry those summers were but thank you for the info. [​IMG]

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi everyone,Thankyou all for your good wishes for my Hospital visit this afternoon.I shall now know how all the expectant mums feel when they go to have their scans done,though I would be shocked if they find a little tiddler inside of me :eek: :D

Walnut :eek: :eek:

Shiney,I can tell that Mrs Shiney is away from home because while the cat is away the mouse does play,especially on the computer and so early in the morning and lots of postings [​IMG] ;) :D There was a fantastic sunrise this morning out there but I missed it.Never mind better luck tomorrow...

LoL,enjoy your plant hunting,that is one of our favourite hobbies.

4. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Kandy, your right :D . Although I am quite often up during the night I can't go on GC because the computer room is next to our bedroom and it would disturb Mrs shiney. I didn't go to bed the other night because I didn't feel like I needed to.

I've just come in from having a very large bonfire - flames were 20ft high. Even whilst I was seeing to the fire Oscar was getting under my feet. This morning I had a couple of friends round and we were standing in the garden. Oscar attempted to jump up on my friends very ample bosom. She loves cats and wouldn't have minded except that Oscar got a grip with his claws. She hit him quite hard but he came back and rubbed himself against her legs. I may have to advertise for a good home for him :eek:

5. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney,you could always put some of those ear defenders onto Mrs Shiney's head or else turn off the volume on your computer.I should think you must disturbe her anyway climbing into bed in the early hours of the morning.I bet she is lovely and warm under the duvet and then you put your cold feet on her legs to warm them up. :eek: [​IMG] :D

As for Oscar,you have shown him that you like him,by supplying a nice heated bed and lots of fuss so you might as well except he has adopted you.Welcome to the cat owners club :D

I know the feeling about having needle sharp claws in the Chesticle department,my lovely little boy does exactly the same to me, usually after I have just showered and have a nice bath towel wrapped round me :eek: I am starting to resemble a sieve [​IMG] :D

6. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Hi Kandy
    I admit to having, inadvertently, provided the heated bed but the only fuss I make of him is the occasional swear word and pushing him out of the way with my foot. He never gets any petting or food from me. I'm beginning to think that he is a masochist :D

7. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    I forgot to say good morning in my last post so....

Good morning everyone [​IMG]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Walnut and all.

The queen of pain here again I awoke at 2.30am and 'talked' myself back to sleep wish I hadn't bothered as the pain is absolutely terrible now...I just can't cope with it and am now praying like hell that the drugs work bloody quick! :eek:
    Helen.xxx.

9. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,Helen hope you have managed to settle down now to some sleep you poor thing, get that doctor sorted this week be firm with him, morning Shiney you on the night shift or early early mornings. :eek:

10. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Shiney Helen Walnut and all posters.

Shiney I can't think of anything else apart from a squirt of water with the hose pipe.We have got the same problem with another blue cat that seems to have adopted us,but it is unsettling ours and then leaves it's poo in heaps on the front lawn :eek: You might just have to live with him/her until it gets bored with you and goes off to find another family to live with that supplies heated propogators to sleep in.Good luck with it.

Helen have you suggested to your Doctor about having an MRI scan done to see what the problem is exactly?For the 2nd time in over 10 months I am now pain free but that could just be the strong painkillers masking the pain that the Physiotherapist suggested I take for 3 weeks.The soft muscle work that I had done has worked wonders even though it was agony while it was being done.

I found that the Diazapam that the Doctor gave me to help me sleep knocked me out in the middle of the evening and when it was time for bed Mr Kandy couldn't wake me up,then half way through the night I was back downstairs in chronic pain.I also was walking round like a zombie during the day.I only took 10 of them,and just gave up relying on them.

I found that heat treatment was helpful,continuing walking to keep me mobile,no gardening and not spending a long time sitting at the computer typing posts,emails Pm's or surfing.Touch wood I might just be able to start leading a normal life again.

I do hope you find an answer to your problem as I know how debilitating back problems can be. [​IMG]

Hope you all have a good day in all you do,when you wake up [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    They have just given it out on the news that four adults have drowned in Sagres down in the Algarve,trying to save a group of children who had got into difficulties while swimming.It was three Brits and one German I think it was and some of them were parents of some of the children.No mention of what happened to the children only that they were washed ashore.It is a popular spot for surfers but as it is now coming to the winter there were no coastguards on duty.My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families of this tragic accident [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Kandy, the children are OK (two British and one German) but the four adults died trying to rescue them. Two other adults are in hospital recovering. There was a notice on the beach warning that there was no lifeguard.

Helen, there's not much I can say but hope that the pain eases up [​IMG]

Walnut, I'm on the 24 hour shift - just don't feel like sleeping [​IMG] . It's not a problem. The longest I remember being awake was over Christmas in 1962 when I was partying and didn't sleep for 4 days and 3 nights. The fourth night I went to bed around midnight and was at work at 8 a.m. the next morning with no ill effects.

Kandy, I think I am going to have to be tough with Oscar and close up the greenhouse completely but I'm not sure whether I should do it whilst we are having these frosty nights. He may not have anywhere else to go! Friends that know about cats and have petted him say that he seems quite well built (almost fat) and healthy so it seems as though he is well fed and has a proper home somewhere.

There is a beautiful glow in the air as the sun is rising.

Have a great day :D

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,I have just come back indoors after moving my car so Mr Kandy can get his out to go to work and mine is covered in frost,but his is just wet and steamed up inside.Too much heavy breathing methinks [​IMG] :D

I noticed that we also have thick fog in the village so there is bound to be accidents as there is one set of Traffic lights out up at the Hospital roundabout and the way they all drive in the mornings,the Abulance won't have far to go :rolleyes: No glow in the sky for us yet though.

You must have a very good memeory Shiney if you can remember what you were doing Xmas 1962,though I was only a small wee child then [​IMG] :D Too much partying I think,though from what I hear they didn't call it the swinging sixties for nothing.I have heard a rumour that there are a few swingers in our village but thankfully it is over at the posh end of the village so it doesn't affect us.

You have to be strong Shiney and just turn the heater off.Just think of all the money you will save by doing it,or else invite Oscar into your house and he can spend the rest of his days asleep in front of the fire...Problem Sorted :D

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    PS,I only saw the news quickly as Mr Kandy turned on the TV so probably didn't get all the facts right,though these news stories seem to change on every different channel you watch it on.GMTV never seem to get anything right :rolleyes: I shall have to turn posh and start watching BBC1 [​IMG] :D

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, that is awful news of them people drowning in the Algarve how sad, my heart goes out to all the families.
    have a lovely day all