Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
    Ratings:
    +55,312
    Morning Helen, woo, walnut, imp and shiney.

It's a bright morning with a slight breeze today, perfect for getting some things done outside.

I had a lovely e-mail from a friend in the States this morning, not a man of sentimentality, but I will end this, as his ended ...

... Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Have a wonderful day. [​IMG]

2. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    good morning to you all. yes, Lady of Leisure, that is a wonderful sentence and i remember it to be the signature of jjordie (do I remember right?) at one time...

3. jjordie

jjordie ex-mod

Ratings:
    +206
    You are correct miraflores -
    but I do like having a change as I expect you have noticed :D

Bit grey and chilly here today....

Who mention Christmas shopping??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning,

We had some frost lastnight and its cool and looking like rain here.

5. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning everyone,
    Mrs shiney phoned me today and agreed, reluctantly, with the eviction of Oscar. Oscar has been trying to make me feel bad by sitting on the patio outside my office and staring at me. It isn't working [​IMG]

Have a great day and don't forget to put your clocks back tonight. :D

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen,Shiney and all I was trying to track down who's quote that was some say it was from The Robert Louis Stephenson high school mid nineties from someone in the middle year who wished to remain anonymous others say George Carlin here are another three of his.

The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on.

The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.
    Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.
    Have a safe weekend everyone.

7. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,710
    Good morning ,Helen,Shiney, Walnut,and all my other friends,everyone have a lovely Weekend and stay safe. [​IMG]

8. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut, Woo and all.

If we're talking about quotes here's one of my own 'If you're poorly better off going to bed and sleeping it off, than walking about looking like the dead' :D

Great to add I'ave been able to sleep 8 hours with only a little break in between after 4 hours to have a top up of drugs, needless to say I have woke with pain but at least I'm getting some sleep now.....oh and some very attractive great big bags under my eyes which is just ideal for halloween! :D
    Have a nice Saturday guys and girls.
    Helen.xxx.

9. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Hope you all have a very good weekend and that you do lots of enjoyable things and remeber it is only sixty more days to Christmas...I can't wait [​IMG]

Shiney :D :D

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Kandy what's Christmas? :confused:
    Helen.xxx.

11. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    when your stuffed and cant eat anymore :eek: you spent up and your skint :D and your to drunk to notice [​IMG] thats christmas :D

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    If that's the thing Ste I'll give it a miss! :D
    Helen.xxx.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen Xmas for us is spending quality stress free time together after all the build up to the event.

It is walks along the beach or a drive up onto the moors where we like to have a nice refreshing walk,which is even better if there has been a good hoar frost :cool:

Xmas is on Christmas morning seeing the look on Mr Kandy's face as he tries his hardest to figure out what are all the bulky prezzies are.I wrap them in such a way that it doesn't make it obvious what the prezzie is and I write out the gift tags with cryptic clues which adds to the fun :D

We have done all the family stuff,spending years in the company of miserable people who like to spend the whole Christmas time sitting on their backsides letting us and everyone else run around after them because they are lazy so and so's

We also spent past Christmas's inviting our next door neighbour round for the day after his wife chucked him out and then his elderly father suddenly dying who he was living with [​IMG]

So now we like to spend time on our own and meeting new friends wherever we go.We have a great time and always come home relaxed and ready to start a fresh New Year...

Christmas is what you do with and make of it.If people are miserable then perhaps they need to sit down together and make plans on how they can improve things to make Christmas and Life better for themselves and everyone else [​IMG]

[ 27. October 2007, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]

14. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,107
    [​IMG] That was a realy nice post Kandy [​IMG]

15. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Thankyou Roders,I just was saying what we personally do.Everyone in this world has their own ideas about how and with who they like to spend their Christmas time and we all need to have respect for the way each individual likes to spend that time be it with family or friends [​IMG] [​IMG]

[ 27. October 2007, 09:13 AM: Message edited by: Kandyfloss ]