Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning Helen and Kandy

Helen, Happy birthday for tomorrow [​IMG] [​IMG] . I hope you can get Bob's problem sorted out. I'm sure you will put your foot down of the hospital tries to mess you around.

Kandy, yesterday I kept popping back indoors for a 10 minute sit down to make sure I didn't overdo things and make my back bad. Each Sunday a council lorry turns up in the village for us to put our garden waste. I took 30 of the 80 litre compost bags full of garden prunings that can't be composted. With the runner bean plants, I don't put them in bags or compost them but put them on the bonfire. They are too bulky to cope with any other way. After our disaster with the slugs eating the bean plants we planted another 100 plants and, although late, got a very good crop from them.

I've been working out there for the last couple of hours tidying up bits and pieces and it is a lovely day. It is sunny, warm and no wind. The grass is very wet at the moment so I shall wait till this afternoon before working on it.

Have a great day :D

2. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    I cut some of the grass yesterday but it got dark too quick :eek:

No one left on here now. You must all be fast asleep.

Good morning - almost the end of the month. Weather forecast is good so make the most of it :D :D

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Still no one around.

Good morning again [​IMG] . I hope you all had a good night's sleep.

Have a great day :D

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Shiney, Walnut and all.

Many thanks guys for your support for Bob his blood work must have been okay as we didn't get a call back from the hospital thank goodness.

Shiney many thanks for your birthday wishes I'm not allowed any [​IMG] at the moment because of the drugs & all but to be honest I only like a drink or 2 or 3 in the summer whilst working outside in the garden...there's nothing better!

Gotta try and get Bob to get in the loft later on to get all the Halloween stuff out for tomorrow when all the fun will really kick in!
    Have a nice day guys and girls.
    Helen.xxx.

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Shiney and all,happy birthday Helen
    [​IMG]

Hope you manage to sort bob out with his problem it seems in these days you have to force the nhs into doing for you I pity anyone that cann't stick up for themselves.
    Shiney that's some sleep problem you have I thought I was bad I don't sleep I usually go unconcious intantly asleep for 4hrs then instantly awake it doesn't matter what time I go to bed.

6. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Have a safe day everyone.

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Walnut always the gentleman love the flowers and of course the cute butterflies. [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good Morning everyone [​IMG]

Helen 'Many Happy Returns' of the day.I do hope you get lots of nice cards and prezzies and you at least have a pain free day :cool: I am glad to hear that Bob didn't hear from the Hospital.As they say no news is good news.

Shiney you are up far too early.I have thirty pole of allotment that needs digging for the winter.Perhaps if you would come up here and dig it for me it would wear you out so much you would soon sleep well [​IMG] :D

Hope you have a great day in all you do [​IMG]

9. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,634
    Kandy, what does the word 'dig' mean? :confused: Never heard of it [​IMG] :D . My veggie plot is only a third of of your allotment and I used to have a rotovator. Now I have a Tracy [​IMG] [​IMG]

walnut, I don't really have a sleep problem. I've never needed much sleep and never sleep when it is light outside. When Mrs shiney is away I can do things in my own time and not bother about normal conventions. Whem she is home I go to bed about 1 a.m. (she stays up late as well) and then creep about quietly in the early hours if I don't feel like sleeping. My problem is if I try to stay in bed when I don't feel sleepy. I then get a bad headache. Sometimes during the afternoon I may feel tired so I then sit quietly for 10 - 15 minutes and am OK. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Helen, I'm pleased that Bob is alright [​IMG]

10. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

No rain (doing the happy dance) but its cool and crisp out there, we did have a light frost over night........tomorrow is Halloween here, gotta carve my pumpkin tonight.

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good afternoon everyone.
    A very happy birthday helen have a lovely time.
    just been away on an oil painting course for 4 days had a great time,learnt a lot from this for the future, to get me back into oil painting aswell as my water colours.

12. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    good afternoon to you, Rosa. I should also do some drawings, from time to time.
    I did try once, and I have posted the drawing.
    As you may have noticed, Rosa: I have re-proposed the image of the couple which you had posted about this time last year.
    I think it is a lovely picture and it tells you that , when the two look at each other, they don't see the wrinkles, but they see something else.
    I think it is a lovely thought...

happy Birthday Helen

[ 30. October 2007, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: miraflores ]

13. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
  14. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hello Rosa I do hope you had a great time on your painting course :cool: I have already done this post once but this machine is on a go slow today and I keep having to switch it on and off [​IMG] [​IMG]

Shiney we still have to do all gardening by hard graft.The only Tracey we have is a trailer :D I hope you are paying your slave,I mean Tracey a decent wage for helping you out.Just think if you did it yourself you would be able to get up all those hills [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

15. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Many thanks for your birthday wishes guys and girls...I'ave put off any celebration until later on I am going to see if I'm fit enough to have a scream with the monsters knocking around tonight.

Dan's going to dress-up as Chuckie i.e. the murdering puppet not the cute little ginger guy from Rugrats and his g/f Gemma is going to dress up as 'Tiffany' the bride of Chuckie.

They should have a really great time as Dan's going to ask Gemma to marry him.....Dan told me 'don't worry mum it will be a long engagement I'm in no hurry to leave home just yet, I'm having a great time without the worry of paying bills' :D
    Helen.xxx.