Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen one and all,sounds like Dan has his head screwed on the right way, they are always reluctant to leave when they are well looked after, I wish him and Gemma all the best of luck for the future, Rosa glad you enjoyed your course look forwards to seeing more of your paintings,enjoy your halloween tonight and stay safe.

2. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning all,
    Kandy, Tracy comes in once a fortnight and does a great job [​IMG] . If I did it all myself I definitely wouldn't be able to get up the hills [​IMG] I'd be flat on my back unable to move [​IMG] :D

Helen, I hope you have a wonderful time. I'm happy with people celebrating Haloween (any excuse for a good time) but I don't approve of 'trick or treat'. I know quite a lot of people that are scared to open their doors on Haloween because of it. Unfortunately some youngsters take it too far and have spoilt it for everyone else. Advance congratulations to you for Dan and Gemma [​IMG] :D

Have a great day :D

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, thanks for the comments yes i enjoyed the oil painting course so much, will put pics up in hobbies section of the 2 paintings i did.
    Congratulations to Dan and Gemma, helen sounds like your going to have him around for a few years.
    enjoy the trick or treating tonight everyone.
    Happy Halloween

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone again.I did a post this morning and then lost it all yet again. :mad: I am going to have to sort out the instructions that Mr K left for me before he went on his course the other week and put it into Notebook first.My speed has been slow all week and I keep getting an error message come up and I have to turn the whole lot off and start again.It does my head in [​IMG] [​IMG]

Helen I do hope the engagement goes off ok for the happy couple.Nothing like a bit of getting down on one knee,though I don't expect the youngsters do all that these days. [​IMG]

Shiney you would just need to get Aimee to pull you and the zimmer frame up the hills for you :D

Enjoy your day everyone.

5. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning one and all, last night was a quite and well behaved halloween they had all finished visiting before 9 o'clock most what turned up were accompanied by there parents, next it will be penny for the guy don't agree with that anyhow from the amount of fireworks that have been going off for the last month maybe there will not be any left for next week(as if)have a safe day everyone.

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Wow 7 hours of full on sleep and I don't know how I managed that, got up in alot of pain but at least I had a good sleep!

Many thanks for your good wishes Dan and Gemma seemed to have a really nice time with all their friends.

I wasn't feeling upto 'dressing up' this year for halloween but couldn't let the little monsters down as sadly very few neighbours on the estate would open their doors to the kids last year....but me and Bob 'dressed' up the house all in good taste I must stress and have our rock garden speakers on just loud enough for people passing to hear.

I was at the doctors again at 4.30pm and was not able to finish dressing the house until I got back and told Gemma to ask whoever called to return later for any goodies I had for them.

I was really shocked to return from the doctors to find that someone had sprayed our wrought iron gates, our hedge and even our front door with that 'silly string' spray it was a total mess.... boy was I angry to find out it was my neighbour :eek:

Gemma answered the door but the damage was already done, Gem doesn't know our neighbour just that the person who did it knew my name and had two toned hair. Gem did as I asked and told the 'person' I wasn't in and to call back later on when all would be ready for them.

Bob and I was really peed off before we could finish the 'dressing' of the house we had to clean up the chuffing mess so that all the little kids and also our two little ladies wouldn't get the 'stuff' all over them.

You will never imagined what happened later on the 'neighbour' returned for the promised goodies and got a nuclear blast from me instead!

I try to be a lady most of the time and it's petty rare for me to use strong bad language but boy did she did some last night! :mad:

I'm pleased to write she didn't ruin the night it seems most of the people on our estate opened their doors after seeing what the 'new people' did last year which was wonderful although one neighbour placed a card on their gate asking no one to knock on their door but that can be understandable as they are middle aged and as far as I know have never had any children.

A trio of little girl monsters came all the way from the other side of the village just to 'see' us again as they loved it so much last year.

The glowsticks was again a big hit with the kids I don't think I'm bothering with sweeties next year as more on the estate are getting into the halloween thing so we will just buy boxes of glowsticks for the kids and boy do they love them....their little monster faces just lit up with delight getting one of them!

Just a great shame we ran out of the glow sticks but I told every little monster to come again next year.

All the children were very polite and all the little monsters had their parents with them which was a great comfort.

I think we had only one or two 'older' kids but I did say to them 'sorry guys no money only sweets, do you still want some? and of course they said 'yes' and everyone of them said a 'thankyou'.

I was a wonderful evening and finished pretty early about 7 but I can't wait for next year, maybe I'll be fit enough to 'dress-up' and give the kiddies a giggle!

Bob's going to take me out later on to see if we can get hold of some halloween bargains to put away for next year!
    Helen.xxx.

7. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning all, late this morning, had a lie in and been on the internet looking for a flight for hubby for goa in january found 3 to match my search.
    have a great day

8. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone.

Its another cool and rainy day here in Ontario, and clling for a heavy frost tonight and wet snow on the weekend.......looks like its going to be a ****py weekend, good time to stay in and make some soups.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Boy was it hard getting on here this morning the page didn't want to load at all!

Another not so great night but what the hey the doctor says another x-ray is in the works and then it looks like I'll become a member of that wonderful sounding club the 'Pain clinic' so I can learn to live with the pain! :(
    Helen.xxx.

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi everyone busy day yesterday waterproofed the shed roof had to keep robin away he kept overseeing the job didn't want to see him stuck to the roof,then I went on to the house roof cleaned the valleys sealed the lead, then managed to cut the grass and tootled about in the garden until dusk,hoovered up for mrs walnut to save her back she has some more jobs on her list will crack on with them today, have a safe one everybody

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.Helen I have been having problems this week with this machine running slow.I do hope that your Doctor can get you in quickly for the Xrays.I was lucky once the Osteopath spoke to the Doctor after hitting my spine with the hammer and me nearly going through the roof they got me in the next day for the xrays...
    Since I have cut down on the ammount of time I have been sitting down and keeping mobile it has certainly helped.Now I am doing exercises which will hopefully strengthen my back,though having my appointment cancelled all the time doesn't help.
    Try cutting down going to the cinema,that might help you a great deal..

Have a great day eveyone [​IMG]

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,quite mild out there this morning, have a great day all

13. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,634
    Good morning everyone,
    Mrs shiney is back and had a wonderful time.

walnut, I'm exhausted just reading about everything you have done :eek: . If you caome down this way can you pop in and sort out a lot of things for me? [​IMG] :D

Helen, I hope they are able to help you with the pain [​IMG] [​IMG]

Kandy, I don't understand one of the words you used!!!! 'Exercise' - what's that? :confused: :D
    Got a very busy day today. Have a great day.

14. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning Rosa,hope you are ok and that you have a lovely day [​IMG]

Shiney,exercise for you is probably cutting up your food and lifting the fork to your mouth as you eat all that lovely food you keep telling us about or when you do some of this [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

PS Enjoy your day :cool:

15. penny-remember me?

penny-remember me? Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning everyone.

We had a heavy frost lastnight, and it went down to -3, looks like the cold weather is definetly on its way!!!!