Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Hec

Hec Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I was wondering where you were to have had a heavy frost as it was warmer than some of our summer nights here last night.

Checking your profile - I understood. [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning all I was so exhasted yesterday evening that I went to bed at 8pm no drugs just really incredibly tired.

Kandy the only place that I'm most comfortable is sitting on our lovely padded dinning room chairs so going on my laptop is at least pain free.

I only saw 2 movies last week so going there isn't the problem I'm in more pain trying to get comfortable on our lovely big sofa in the evening than the cinema seats.... I seem to turn into The Hunchback of Notre Dame as the evening draws in I swear I lose a good few inches and it's the only time Bob's taller than me!

I tried to shuffle around the garden yesterday as I did feel wonderful but sadly my back gave in and I had to hobble in near to tears because of the pain.

X-ray is booked for next Wednesday don't know why I'm having one as I had one taken only last year for the same problem.

Going to try going back to bed once the pain killers has kicked in as poor old Bob has taken to sleeping on the sofa for fear of knocking me in the night so I can't even try to do any baking in case I wake him at this ungodly hour!
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Hi Helen and all, I hope you made it back to bed Helen you must do everything at a slow pace even if you feel good,Kandy is right stay as mobile as you can, glad your managing your excersises Kandy, way to go.Shiney if I lived a bit nearer I would gladly help you with your jobs I am into physical things jobs are just a form of excersise to me I don't look at them as a chore.
    Penny you are not supposed to use the "f" word on here it strikes the fear of god into us,have a safe weekend everyone.

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,well here we are again all nice and breezy to start another weekend.

We might go either Christmas shopping today to get it out of the way or go and look for a new TV because our fourteen year old one is on it's last legs.We had a quick look last week and it is boggling the amount there are,and the prices :eek: we could pay a good chunk off the mortgage with what it will cost to replace our old one.Someone is making rather a lot of money methinks [​IMG] :(

Helen,you remind me of where I was ten months ago with my back problems.It will get better I am sure if you keep mobile and perhaps get some heat to the affected area.Mine still feels tender where the vertebrea is degenerating but it does feel better as long as I don't over do it and take it gently.I also found sleeping on the settee was much better than sleeping in my bed because I could dangle my legs over the arm of the settee.Do what feels right for you as we all have different problems with our backs.

Hope you all have a great day in everything you do [​IMG]

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,lovely dry day out there, got my heating on for a while.
    I have got most of my xmas shopping done with going away 6th december i had to get organised early.
    kandy hope you got your new telly, your right lots to choose from.
    have a lovely day all

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,635
    Good morning everyone,
    I've just pooped on here to wish you all a great day :D

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
  8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,i'm surprised at you Shiney doing that I thought you cared about us,you are certainly organised Rosa christmas shopping already done,had trouble getting on here this morning no response at all other forums ok must have been to early for this one, have a safe day everyone.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good morning Walnut and all.

Pretty late to bed last night so that's why I'm a lazy bones this morning.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend guys it looks pretty good out this morning!
    Helen.xxx.

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone,I too have been having problems yet again with this computer.I have already had to switch it off and back on twice :mad: It is probably the damp weather doing it [​IMG]

Shiney,I expect Mrs Shiney has banned you from the computer now that she is back home.You need to get a laptop a small table and chair and then you can put her out in the sun room while you are all cosy indooors on the desk top? :D

Our village fireworks went off with a very loud bang last night and Willow and Poppy went into hiding.At least they popped out when it had all finished.

Have a great day everyone in all you do

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,635
    Good morning everyone
    Now that Mrs shiney is back I can't use the computer in the early hours of the morning anymore as it would disturb her. This morning is very still, mild and misty and I have had a pleasant stroll out there.

It was a very busy day yesterday. It took most of the morning to load the old roof of the car port (don't have a garage) into the car and get it down to the dump in the nearest town six miles away.

I then spent a lot of the afternoon clearing one area of the garden of leaves so that I can mow today - with a bit of luck.

[​IMG]

Still got some more to clear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aimee came round to visit us in the afternoon and I asked her owner how she gets on with the fireworks. Apparently she loves them and wants to join in - but she loves everyone and everything [​IMG] (except black dogs :confused: ).

Late in the afternoon we got a phone call asking us to step in to a quiz team for that evening. It was to raise funds for the League of Hospital Friends so we said yes. We were in the lead right until the last round. The subject was music and we ended up third! The music was all themes from TV shows and we just sat there looking blank :confused: . I hadn't even heard of half the shows. It was a fun evening and and raised money for a good cause [​IMG] .

Have a great day :D

12. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,have a great day all

13. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,710
    Afternoon everyone had a few Health problems lately but I am getting back on my feet slowly but surely. [​IMG]

14. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,635
    Woo, Good to see you back [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

15. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,710
    Thanks Shiney Your message is greatly appreciated. [​IMG]