Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut and all.

Thanks Shiney for that close up of the grave don't know how I missed that! :D

With all the talk about hospital conditions aboard it does make you think that we are pretty lucky to have what we have got here although with waiting times and taking so long to sort people out (ie. me!) it can get a little maddening at times.

I know when things go wrong at the hospitals over here there is a big media ding dong but at least we are not turned away bleeding to death or something like that.
    Helen.xxx.

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Helen and all, hope you have gone back to bed on this cold morning Helen,if only we had some of that tropjcal heat Shiney to go with that view we could then rival some of the stuff LoL grows, I was running about like a lunatic late last night fine tuning thermostats to keep everything on song, a great sigh of relief when all was ok this morning,have a safe day everybody.

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Kandy and everyone :D Lovely dry day out there so we might have a nice day.

Enjoy it everyone [​IMG]

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone.
    kandy thats a great buy for the tins of roses etc, everyone they are �£4.75 a large tin in morrisons, roses, quality street, celebrations.
    shiney thanks for reminding me about the pencils will go to the �£1 store and get loads to take to goa and some writing books.
    have a great day everyone
    [​IMG]

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, hope you are all well this chilly morning.. We took pencils, crayons, exercise books, rubbers & sharpeners as we found out last trip rosa, a small country school really needs things like that in Jamaica too. Great fun going to the school with a small suitcase of stuff for them. We had to tell them a story & what it was like living here. What the Queen was like. Do we still have big red buses. What do we eat. So many questions & so many lovely little kids who all seemed to love school.. Great fun..!! [​IMG]

6. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Morning all!

I too am up early with blinking back issues, but once i saw it was frosty i dashed to check my ratties room was okay temperature wise, no popsicle rats so we're ok, but i did put their heater on a bit higher and fill up the washing up bowl with boiling water for them to steam up the room and keep it snuggly.

Got lots to do today, cleaning out the rats, cleaning the kitchen, its oven and fridge cleaning day, but bah to that, deffinately making time to go to the garden centre to play today :D

Or at least once i get off my bum after having a cup of tea, toast, seeing you lovelies, and watching the garden channel :D

The gardn channel on UKTV is becoming an addiction, its a very real concern.

7. youngdaisydee

youngdaisydee Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    hi whiley, hows little Daisy.. im becoming attatched to her [​IMG]

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Daisydoodles is very well thank you! I must get more photos of her up for you!

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,642
    Good Morning Everyone
    Thick frost and brilliant sunshine so it will be a lovely day.

Kandy, it is never recommended to give money in any of these countries. Apart from the fact that you wouldn't know how much (or little) to give you would be pestered by the kids and adults for more. You also wouldn't know what they would spend it on. In nearly all these third world countries (even if the countries aren't classified as third world the general population is living in those conditions) if the kids are able to get any schooling they usually have to provide their own materials and, for them, the price of pencils is quite high. When you have given each child a pencil (and a sweet if you have them) they are very happy and don't come chasing after you for more.

It is sometimes hard to believe how little money the locals earn when the tourists are charged almost international prices for things. A friend in Egypt who is an historian, archeologist and museum curator earns just �£50 per month and has to supplement his earnings by giving private tours.

In all the countries we go to, apart from visiting ancient and historical sites, we like to see how the real people live and not just the front put on for tourists. Some of the things that we saw recently in countries like Guatemala and Honduras would make you cry. We do what we can when we are there.

Sorry everyone! I didn't mean to go on so much but talking about it brings back the memories of how hard life is for a lot of people. Particularly when it is compounded by horrible political regimes.

I'm now going to take loads of bags of garden waste down to the dump for recycling.
    Have a great day :D :D

10. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Good mornin everyone,

Sun shining, crisp frost and all is well....so why have i put the heating on and taken the day off [​IMG]

Have a wonderful day to you all [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning to the night shift :D

Just having a flying visit.Took Mrytle for her first service this morning.They offered to wash her for me but I declined as I had already spent hours on her hoovering her out and then yesterday afternoon washing and polishing her so she is gleaming.Besides,the garage would probably have added another �£50 onto the bill
    :eek:

Mr Kandy has got the day off today as we have a nice man called Mick plastering the conservatory walls so it now looks nice and pink,but at least we can now see the end in sight.

The floor tiles are the next job so we have to go and choose them and then Mr Kandy will have great fun laying them.I expect there will be more dust when he has to cut some. :(

Rosa,I will get Mr Kandy to buy a tin of Quality street for his dads birthday then,as well as giving him some money to do what he wants with.

Shiney,I see what you mean about the money side of things.It would definetley be no good me going to see those sites because as well as crying my eyes out I would want to bring them all home with me.I can't stand to see anything suffering,apart from perverts that is.I doubt if I shall ever be going abroad so won't see the sites that you see,but then again if I did knowing my luck I would end up being robbed at gun point.Enjoy your recycling.

Marley,Whiley and AG,nice to see you all on here this bright and frosty morning,it make this thread feel most welcoming.Hope you all have a nice afternoon and evening [​IMG]

I have to go and get ready now to go and have my Physio and collect Myrtle from the garage.Hope they have taken care of her

12. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Hi Everyone can't really say good morning as its just turned midday so have a Good half a day everyone :D and all be safe. [​IMG]

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,Hope you are ok.I didn't see you pop up there as I must have been typing.Nice to see you on here [​IMG]

14. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,642
    I'm back from the recycling and just about to carry on with the mowing as the grass has dried out again.

It's good to see everyone on here and it's a lovely friendly forum.

Kandy, I know it may sound a bit obvious but get hubby to paint the walls before laying the floor tiles. Our builders, who were really good, did it the other way round and it took them two days to clean the floor tiles again! :eek: I hope the physio is helping you [​IMG]

15. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Shiney,

That reminds me i forgot to pick up my new water butt! thanx for the reminder, random.... :D