Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,642
    Paula, I carry my butt around with me all the time [​IMG] :D

2. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney I have passed on the message to Mr Kandy and he said the idiots{his words}should have put down dust sheets first and then they wouldn't have had a problem getting paint on the floor tiles.We have been to choose some but we need nine metres and the ones we liked were three tiles short and it is a two month waiting time for them to come from Italy.They were �£32.50 a metre :eek: We have brought some samples home to try on the floor as it was doing my head in and it was freezing cold in the warehouse brrrr.

The Physiotherapist is pleased with my progress and has given me an open appointment for the next two months.I have more exercises to do as well as the other ones.If she doesn't hear from me within that two months then she will write to the Consultant and my Dr,Discharging me...Hurray

Picked up Myrtle from the garage and they informed me that they had found a slow puncture in one of my rear tyres.I ought to claim off the builders because since living here we have had no end of punctures thanks to their sodding nails...

Lovely sunset tonight but didn't have my camera on me.

AG Don't forget to pick up your new water butt [​IMG] :D

PS The stupid garage forgot to stamp my warranty book so will have to go all the way back to get them to sign it grrrrr.

3. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,642
    Kandy, that's great that you appear to be on the mend [​IMG]

The builders did put down dust sheets but they kept moving them with their great clod hoppers. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Shiney,

We replaced the wooden floor in the lounge with carpet 2 weeks ago and the new sofa's came the next day, the guys delivering them trudged mud all over me new carpet :mad:

5. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    Aw Paula. you don't need that. Get a staffie. He won't wait till the next day to trample mud, its instant.

6. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Shiney fingers and toes crossed that I am now on the mend.

Paula I would have been so :mad: if they had done that to me.It is nice to see someone else who likes carpets instead of wooden floors [​IMG]

John I do so like your Snoopy cartoon :cool:

7. accidentalgardener

accidentalgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    John,

I absolutely insist that my 4 have their paws wiped each and everytime they come into the lounge from outside [​IMG] NOT :D but the thing is i class it as MY dirt :rolleyes: :D at least i got to see that the carpet really does just let you hoover it up. The guy that fitted it said that it would withstand - wait for it: faeces, blood, urine, vomit and bleach Mmmmm wonder who thought that one up

Kandy,

I thought wooden floors would be easier when they were first put down but you have to hoover AND wash and hoover again (phew), hubby wanted the carpet to be light cream originally eeeeeeeeeeeeek :eek: :eek: :eek:

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it hysterical that any home with a dog can have a cream carpet. Its like a physical impossibility.

I have me some sweetpeas to plant, but want to do it in front of the tv, so i'm going to put newspaper down and do it here, mwahaha.

Not that i'm a jammy cheeky mare or anything.

9. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Paula,my friends all say the same.I love wooden floors but that is because I so love wood,but a friend of ours who fits real wood floors says that if you have a dog then they skate all over the place because they can't get a proper grip and as our carpets downstairs have only been down six years Mr Kandy says they have to stay down :rolleyes: Also I heard on the radio last year that there has been a lot of accidents through people slipping on wooden and laminated floors so I think we will be giving them a miss.I have fallen down the stairs three times as well since we moved from a bungalow to a house.I just can't get used to stairs or else I need to take more water with my drinks [​IMG]

10. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Good morning everyone have a lovely day and stay safe [​IMG]

11. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning everyone just thought I would pop my vote in for wooden floors(real wood)easier to keep clean, have a safe day everyone.

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Cream carpets and dogs that's a no-no as my new neighbours have since found out they have already burnt a carpet or two and the house was carpeted throughout in cream :eek:

Bob saw our old neighbour Trish just the other day and she was so heartbroken to hear her beautiful house is getting trashed and I don't mean just by the dogs either!

Give me wooden floors any day although the girls do sound like they are tap dancing on the floors they are at least a breeze to clean! [​IMG]
    Helen.xxx.

13. Kandy

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning everyone.

We have Wheat coloured carpets throughout our house but that was the only decent colour to choose from when the builders carpeted our house as part of the deal.We have a Vax carpet cleaner which we use from time to time,though we still have the small odd stain here and there :rolleyes:

When my back is playing up I often sit on the floor and I much prefer the softness of carpet,and it is easier to keep hoovered than wood.My friend has it and she ends up chasing the dust and fluff all round the room :eek: Plus there is less noise on carpet than hearing people clomping around on wood [​IMG]

I hear that snow is forecast for the Peak District possibly this weekend so I can see us heading North soon,well that is if I can twist Mr K andy's arm to haed North.

Enjoy your day everyone [​IMG]

14. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,Its nice and dry here orange sky over the horizon, have a lovely day all

15. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,642
    I prefer carpet. It is less painful when Mrs Shiney walks all over me [​IMG] [​IMG] :D :D

Have a great day :D