Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey all, just popping on before we head off for the weekend to Basingstoke to see family.

SHould be interesting, i'm taking one of the rats with me as she needs medication and i can't really ask my neighbour to do that, so will be fun smuggling her and a living arrangement into the Travelodge [​IMG]

Just off to pack some nice things to wear, curl up my hair and say goodbye to the ratties.

Take care all, have a lovely weekend, no one grow up while i'm away. ;)

2. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    i bet the maid will be pleased when she sees him popping out ...

mind that I once took my beloved Vicky (waterturtle) from here to Italy.
    Cold blooded animals are regarded with a slighly more benevolent eye, but still I didn't take her out of my bag !

3. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  4. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,647
    Good morning everyone, I hope you all have a lovely day [​IMG]

I got caught up with Jarbax's 'free rice' posting and have run out of time. :D

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, have a great day whatever you are doing.. :D
    :eek: Hope your maid doesn't get a funny turn if she spots Ratty Whiley.!! :D

:rolleyes: Sorry Shiney missed the post on Firefly.. Yes did go there, it was very quiet & we were the only ones there for a while.. I just sat there for about an hr, contemplating the view.. It must have been really great to have lived there... The place was allot more sparta than I thought it would be. He always seemed such a colourful person.. [​IMG] Noel Coward has always been a favourite.. [​IMG]

6. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Good morning all my friends I trust that you are all well and looking forward to today and every day with vigour,a postitive mental attitude and a happy disposition have a great day and please stay safe. :D [​IMG]

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Would like to write 'Good Morning' but there's nothing good about what's outside it's raining, cold and there's a howling wind just like a horror movie! :(
    Helen.xxx.

8. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning all,Helen every morning is good,to be able to open your eyes and see the world (no matter the weather)should lift your soul, don't forget the blind the deaf and otherwise impaired will not have the same perceptions and I bet they would love to, have a safe day everyone.

9. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh don't get me wrong Walnut I know how good I have got things surrounded by those I adore and love me in return.

Deafness for one has touched our family early on through one of our boys although thankfully he can now hear, also the little guy (not so little anymore at 6ft) was inflicted with both lung and eye problems so he did indeed have a rough start in life but you wouldn't think to look at him now, so we are blessed indeed.
    Helen.xxx.

10. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone.It has been blowing a gale all through the night and we have had some rain but not as much as forecast for us. :rolleyes:

I am looking forward to a nice sprinkling of snow,just right for Xmas morning :cool:

Well I hope you all have a great day in all you do,no doubt I shall be busy as usual writing Xmas cards,wrapping prezzies,food shopping and planning next years holiday [​IMG]

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Shiney,I have just answered your post on the weather thread.Can you let me know what you think to the Exhibition as we would love to go and see the relics but dread the thought of all the crowds of people that are expected and then we have to sort out the best way to get there as we are not that familiar with London :rolleyes:

I have been Googling last week to try and get some info,but there is so much that it does my head in [​IMG]

I hope you enjoy your visit and that you have a great time at O2 [​IMG]

12. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,647
    Old Chinese saying about getting older:-
    "If you wake up in the morning with no aches and pains - you're dead!"

Bet you didn't know that old Chinese sayings were written in English [​IMG] :D

It's not raining here yet and we are off to the Tutankhamun Exhibition soon so I hope it doesn't rain too hard. We also wanted to have a look around the new buildings in London's dockland. And for those of you who know the East End, we are going to have lunch with friends in Brick Lane. We shall wander round the market and it will be like being in Bangladesh. [​IMG]

Have a great day :D

13. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,647
    MF, you're right. Noel Coward's house was a bit of a shock when we saw it. It wasn't very attractive to look at and the room were quite small with no apparent design to the layout. Not what you would imagine of someone with such a wonderful imagination.

[​IMG]

14. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning Shiney & everyone,
    Yes it is a shame that Firefly is so spartan & plain.. I know he spent allot of his life in theatres & bars, but he was a colourful persona, you would think his house would be a eccentrics paradise in a way... :D Still with views like that, who would be inside???? ;) :D

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Ello me lovers!

Got back about an houra go, have been to see my boys and girlies and they're all happy. Morgan had a good old trip down there and back up crashed out on my lap. Dedicated navigator if there ever was one.

Easy to get her to the travelodge, covered her carrier in our coats and it just looked like i was carrying in a big bundle of clothes or something. Eitherway, no one mentioned anything. We weren't there long enough for the maid to clean, only there one night, so no one spotted her. But she was out and about with us in my families homes that we were visiting.

Blesss.