Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Good morning all my friends another gorgeous day
    in front of us to enjoy and relish, all have a lovely day and stay safe. [​IMG]

2. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Woo, Walnut and all.

Nice to have you back Whiley such a pity the cleaners at the Travelodge missed your little guy...I'm sure there would have been a right scream if they had saw him! :D

Woo hows that snow down there.... did it settle or what?
    Helen.xxx.

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo,Helen and all, had a good time clearing leaves yesterday blown off with those stong winds, ended up putting some of them back some frogs must have thought it was a good idea to hibernate in them,last week on one of the frosty nights was checking on the g/house heating and outside the door was a newt,it would have froze it should have been well hibernated,ended up putting it in a plant pot in the g/house should see the winter out in there ok, have a safe day everyone.

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone, the weather is teribble here, gale force winds and raining, lucky ones having some snow.
    pleased whiley your back and no one spotted your baby, the travel lodges accept dogs so why not a little fella of yours.
    have a lovely day everyone

5. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all,
    Going to rake up more leaves too today...!! Still some left on the birch tree, but all the others are bare now... :eek: Wet & raw feeling here at the moment. Who knows maybe the sun will shine today!!! Well in between the showers perhaps... Have a good day whatever you may all be doing... [​IMG] :D

6. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,647
    Good morning everyone,
    MF, your lucky, I have been clearing leaves for weeks but there are still loads to go :eek: . The willows will still be dropping their leaves for weeks, the silver birches have still got quite a lot and so have the cherry prunus. The buddleias, contorted hazels and maples have lost almost no leaves so far.

On Friday and Saturday I shifted about 20 cubic metres of leaves which was rather hard on my poor old back :eek: [​IMG] . It seems never ending [​IMG]

7. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] I agree with you there Shiney, there loads of them this year it seems... :rolleyes: :D I just looked at my little Maple & yes that does still have leaves!!! Forgot that one!! :D All tied into black bags with holes in all standing in a row by the compost bins for now!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I have loads of leaves too in my back garden, must pick up a rake!

Yeah travelodges accept animals but they can be funny over the 'r' word. When i travel to rat shows i know some other people have had real trouble getting them in the rooms in the past. I have heard stories of rats being smuggled through windows, in carriers in big sports hold alls... you name it!

I'll likely be out to have a tackle at the garden today, but its wet and i wouldn't know where to start! I thnk i'll start by pulling up the bigger plants and just jamming them in a bin bag.

My neighbour will be over to help with the rest so i'll make a start!

9. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Good morning all my friends ,I am just going to take Gypsy for a walk through our Woods she loves this time of the day(or is it Night)
    :D You can almost hear the silence so its on with the walking boots and off we go.You all have a enjoyable day and stay safe. [​IMG]

10. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    Morning Woo Helen and all,enjoy your walk Woo I used to love taking my jasmine for a walk through the woods in the early hours hearing the sounds of nature, animals and birds you wouldn't normally hear, but then again your used to that being Woo, have a safe day everyone.

11. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Good morning everyone,I haven't been up long as I overslept this morning due to not having enough sleep for the last two nights.I don't really feel withit at the moment :rolleyes:

Woo and Walnut I would be terrified walking round creepy woods in the dark :eek: You would need one of those 1,000,000 candle powered torches to see where you were going surly? [​IMG] :D

Enjoy your day everyone in all you do [​IMG]

12. Marley Farley

Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning all, Hope you enjoyed your walk Woo... Haven't done any really early morning walks like that for a long time. A friend & I used to do that about 12 or more years ago to the lower wood. If we were lucky sometimes we would hear a nightingale... Those days are long gone now though & sadley there are no nightingales left up there now.... Have a great day everyone, whatever you are doing..! :D

13. intermiplants

intermiplants Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    cant say good morning, so ill just say hello lady imp woke me at 6.30 shouting like a loon :eek: :eek: oh no ran down stairs and half my kitchen ceiling is on the kitchen floor, looks like the bath has been leaking from the waste pipe , so ill probably spend all morning trying to get some sense out of the insurers today, when it rains it pours but keep on ;)

14. wiseowl

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,714
    Inter Sorry about the ceiling and you feeling poorly ,hope you feel better very soon. [​IMG]

15. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good morning everyone, inter sorry to hear about the ceiling do hope you get it sorted with insurers, have a great day all