Yawn ... wakey, wakey ...

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by Victoria, Jul 31, 2006.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    good morning everyone, had a great day in newcastle took some pics, there was some indian singers playing what was like pan pipes they were excellent, apparently the newcastle council pays for them to perform , fenwicks window was lovely and they have music playing.
    have agreat day

2. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  3. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning everyone. A beautiful morning here. the school fair was brilliant yesterday, even a train for the children to go around the playgrounds & the grounds on their way to see Santa...!!! :D I think everyone had a great time.... :D
    [​IMG] It is a self funding school & all the parents, children & teachers seem to work very hard at raising the funds they need.... [​IMG]

[​IMG] Have a great day whatever you are all doing.. [​IMG]

4. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Morning Rosa Gogs and Marley,sounds you had a great time at the school fete Marley.We went down to ours yesterday and it was packed,but I think they have raised loads of money for the school and village.

Rosa glad you had a good time shopping,we have those Aztec pan pipe players when we have been to Truro and the music is quiet catchy [​IMG]

Gogs love your little snowy dog :cool:

We have just got back from a nice refreshing walk round the village so will have to get on soon.Not much time for chatting

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning gogs,marley and kandy and everyone.
    gogs love the little dog cute.
    marley pleased you had a great time yesterday.
    kandy yes those aztec pan pipe players were fab, just uploading their photos now and one of a scottish guy.
    Its nice to have these things in your town,there was a lot of shoppers out.

6. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Morning Walnut,Woo and all.

Oh dear Woo now your secret's out didn't think you were the type to wear high heels as well :D

I know sooner or later Bob's gonna don an apron as yet again he looked after dinner yesterday as all I did was sleep and that was with no drug aid, I must get myself sorted soon I can't be having that I'm an old fashion girl who likes nothing better to do all the housework and look after the men in her life.

Shiney glad you had a great time it's always nice to play catch-up with old friends you haven't seen in a long time, the only problem is if the music is way too loud you can't hear yourself think never mind hear whar the other person says.

Marley good to know the Christmas fair went well who could resist not smiling seeing the little ones with Santa.
    Helen.xxx.

7. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    They sure get around those bolivians they play the 'Panpipes' or Andean pipes there are 2 examples of the Andean pipes. One is an 'Antara' with one row of 10 pipes and one is a 'Zampo�±a' with 2 rows of pipes (just thought I would mention it) maybe you should have had them at your party Shiney they are a bit easier on the ears. :D

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning everyone,little dull out there this morning, hope everyone is fine, quiet on here this morning.yes shiney you should of had the pan pipes they were brill in newcastle when i went, then on saturday night we went to a local bar and they had a band on and they were loud, nearly blasted my ear drums, 2 girls singing rock songs. have a lovely day

9. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,658
    Good morning Helen and walnut and everyone yet to come,

Helen, sometimes it is good not to be able to hear myself think [​IMG] as I quite often don't understand myself :D

The pipes can be quite good so I would have preferred them.

Have a great day :D

10. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,658
    Hi rosa, you posted whilst I was typing. have a nice day.

11. shiney

Ratings:
    +122,658
    walnut, do you know what these pipes are called? I took these photos in Covent Garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,127
    [​IMG] Morning everyone.. Dull damp old day here.. Well I have made 2 extra Xmas puddings this weekend as the plans have changed...!! :eek: Have just started steaming them.. So I know what my plans are today.... Keep topping up my saucepans!!!!! :rolleyes: :D Have great day everyone, whatever you are all doing.. [​IMG] See ya all later.. :D

13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    morning marley, love xmas puddings normally i just buy a little one for myself as no one likes them in my household.
    shiney i cant remebember the name of them whistles but they are from thailand as we bought some while we were over there,then i had a case stolen over there and they were in there.

14. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Bonjourno folks!

I'm back after a fabulous weekend! Don't know what i was worried about with how i looked, i was far too full of wine to notice!

The boys (and Ashley/Basher) winning Team of the year!
    [​IMG]

Mweehee.

Anyway, onwards with today!

I've been invited to an early years school today to do their education and activities time with them!
    Why? Because they're doing the letter 'R'.
    :D :D

So i've got some outlines of ratties for them to colour in and 'add features to' as in, whiskers, tail, patterns on different rats, etc.
    And Elvis, Spartacus and Crash are joining me and having cuddles all day!
    This is great for me, as although i know i can't fill their heads with interesting facts and structured pet care, etc, i can at least teach them how to hold a rat, that they're friendly and that they're not the stereotype their parents might say they are!

Thats why i've brought one big black boy, one agouti brown (wild colour) boy and one siamese, so they can see the spectrum! All of these are cuddley licky boys! :D

Quite excited!
    Then after that i have my 2 new girls joining us, my bond girls! :D
    Vespa and Miss Moneypenny :D So new photos later of my babies!

Then off for my sisters birthday party! More dressing up and wine [​IMG] [​IMG] Less rats though.

15. Whiley

Whiley Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh and just so people know, this is what they look like on an average weekend.

[​IMG]